Bright End of Nowhere pt 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: never happened in reality, just in my head

Edge tried talking to Vik a couple times that day but she ignored him and did her best to remain far away from him.

By the time he had to go meet with Aislinn Edge didn’t know what to think. On one hand he would have liked to resume the life he had before they’d separated, but deep down he had a feeling it wouldn’t work.

She’s just jerking you around again, everyone can see that.

Edge bit his lip, was it that obvious to everyone?

Then another thought struck him, why did she decide that she wanted to try again when only a few weeks ago she’d wanted him to sign divorce papers?

Stopping, Edge stood there thinking hard. Obviously something had happened between her and her new boyfriend for her to want to come back to him.

An image of the hurt expression on Vik’s face when he’d told her flitted through his mind and he realised that he cared more about making amends with her then he did with Aislinn.

His mind made up Edge started walking again at a quicker pace to the coffee shop where he was meeting Aislinn. She was waiting for him outside and smiled as he approached, and for the first time he was glad that Vik’s knock at the door had stopped him for giving her his answer this morning.

“Aislinn, I’m not going to make this long and drawn out, because there’s no point in us getting mad at one another again and I’d like to keep on good terms for the kids sakes.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying that I’m sorry but I fell in love with someone else.”

There was a long silence, then;

“Why didn’t you just tell me that yesterday instead of drawing it out until today?”

“Because I wanted to make sure I was making the right choice. And believe me, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it, so my decisions final.”

“I can’t believe you’d do this.”

“You came to me just over three weeks ago wanting me to sign divorce papers, now you’ve changed your mind, so forgive me for thinking that you’re comments just a little hypocritical.” Edge fought to keep his voice even as he said this. “Believe me when I say that I still care about you, and I love the kids but I love her as well, and I’m not going to hurt her because she means too much to me.”

Aislinn shook her head. “I just can’t believe you, you lead me on then say this…”

“It’s how I feel, and it’s the truth. Goodbye, Aislinn.” With that Edge turned and walked away jamming his hands in his pockets so that she couldn’t see that they were shaking from nerves.

‘Now I just have to hope that it’s not too late to make it up to Vik.’

Vik sat up on the roof of the arena. Somewhere Edge was with Aislinn right now, and she wished it didn’t hurt so much.

Vik pulled her pocketknife out of her hip pocket and flipped open the blade. It was ironic that if it wasn’t for this knife she never would have had any interest in Edge, never would have ended up here, angry with herself for feeling, angry with herself for falling in love with him when she’d sworn she’d never love anyone.

“I hope you’re not planning on doing anything stupid with that.”

Vik dropped her knife in surprise and twisted around to see Edge making his way towards her.

“What the fuck are you doing here?”

“This.” Then he leaned in and kissed her.

Vik stared at him, speechless.

“I love you,” Edge told her. “And it may have taken Bono practically slamming through the wall to remind me of the fact, but I love you.”

“I thought you were going to get back with your wife.”

“I was, mostly because she came to me with a sob story about how she thought it would be better for the kids if we stayed together. But then Bono yelled at me about how I was a stupid ass who was just going to end up hurt again so I started thinking and I realised that it’s only ever been a struggle with Aislinn, and she’s just been playing with my emotions these past few months while she tries to find someone who’s perfect. A long time ago I thought I could be perfect for her, but I couldn’t, I’m not who she wants and I’ll only end up hurt again if I try to be the man she wants. But whenever I’m with you I don’t feel like I have to pretend about anything, I can just be who I am, and for some reason that I don’t understand you fell in love with me just because I’m me. And if I gave that up I’d be the biggest idiot in the world.

I love you and I’m sorry for being an ass. I’m sorry for playing with your heart like Aislinn did with mine. And more then anything in the world I want you back, because I can’t live without you in my life. So will you please, please forgive me?”

Vik stared at him in shock for a moment before throwing her arms around his neck in a tight hug. “Yes, you moron, I forgive you.”

Edge held her tightly, burring his face in her shoulder. “Thank you.”

For a long time they sat there in one another’s embrace before Vik said quietly, “We should probably go back in before everyone starts getting frantic wondering where we are. Especially since the shows supposed to start relatively soon.”

Edge nodded, pulling away from her slowly and standing up while reaching down to give her a hand up. Glancing up he happened to look over the edge of the building. “Jesus, this is high up.”

Vik almost collapsed with laughter. “Thank you Mr. Obvious.”

Edge scowled, “It’s not that funny.”

“Yes it is actually,” said Vik giving him a kiss on the cheek. “But I love you anyway.”

Edge smiled down at her. “I love you too.”

one more small part still to come to wrap this all up

Back
Top Bottom