Bright End of Nowhere pt 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
Warning: Lots of strong language in this part kiddies.

disclaimer: none of this happened, ever, and will probably never happen.

Vik trudged back to help fix the screen running the conversation with Bono over in her head. If he was willing to apologise and try to get along with her then she figured that it was time that she started trying to look at him as a fellow human being instead of a stuck up prat of a rock star.

However getting along with Bono soon became the least of her problems.

“Back so soon,” the other technician said as she walked up. “I was sure you’d be gone for a while with him.”

Vik gave him a withering look. “Look, smart ass, there are things going on here that are bigger then you so just shut up.”

“Ahh yes, I’d better shut up so you don’t bring dear Bono back to deal with me.”

“What makes you think that I would? Bono and I don’t get along particularly well.”

“Well which one is it then? The Edge?”

“Which one is what?” Vik asked trying hard to keep her temper in check.

“Which one is it that you’re fucking in order to be able to sneak off from work with no consequence?”

Vik’s hands clenched into fists. “None of them, actually.”

“Yet you’re so chummy with The Edge, one would think something’s going on.”

“You know what, I don’t need to hear this bullshit. What goes on between me and Edge has nothing to do with you so shut the fuck up.”

“Oh wasn’t the sex any good last time…”

If there was any more to that sentence Vik didn’t wait to hear it because she lunched for him shoving him backwards with a snarl. “Just because I elect to be friends with Edge doesn’t mean I’m fucking him.”

“Sure, it’s all you women ever think about, getting in bed with a rock star…”

Vik drew back her arm and punched him right in the jaw.

“Didn’t want anyone knowing the truth, did you, bitch.”

Vik figured he hadn’t been planning on a fistfight, but he’d just earned himself one. He also seemed to have very little experience with them while she knew the ins and outs of street fighting like the back of her hand.

“Fight!” Someone behind them yelled.

Vik ignored them in favour of knocking her opponent flat onto his back and dropping her knee onto his chest to pin him while she punched him in the face.

Suddenly, a couple people grabbed her from behind and pulled her off him.

“What in the blazes is going on here?”

It was Larry. He and Edge had just arrived back from their interview and had come to see what the commotion was.

“Let go of me,” Vik snarled struggling against her captors. “Let the fuck go of me.”

Larry eyed the situation. “Let go of her. It should hardly take three grown men to hold down one little woman.”

They released her and Vik pulled away without so much as a look at the guy she’d just flattened. Edge reached out to place a hand on her shoulder but she pulled away with a growl. “Don’t fucking touch me, alright.”

Willy had walked up along with Paul.

“What is going on here?” Paul demanded.

“He thought he’d be smart so I thought I’d rearranged his face,” Vik replied.

“Yeah, sure,” the guy said spitting blood out of his mouth. “You just didn’t like the fact that I was explaining why you could skive off work with no consequence.”

Paul looked at Vik sharply but it was Willy who spoke up.

“That was because of extraneous circumstances and wont happen again.”

“Oh sure, lets all not piss off the guys at the top,” he said throwing a disgusted look at Edge.

Vik started for him only to be restrained by Larry.

“Look bud,” Larry said. “If you keep it up with that crap I’ll be the next one who punches you.”

“Oh sure it’s crap.”

“That’s more then enough,” Paul cut in finally catching on to what exactly they were talking about. “No one here appreciates your baseless accusations, especially when they stray so far outside of the parameters of the code of conduct that we all adhere to.”

“Use smaller words,” Vik interjected. “Then he’ll be able to understand you.”

There were a few chuckles from the surrounding crowd.

Paul gave Vik a scornful look before continuing. “In other words if you keep it up you’ll find yourself out of a job.”

“That’s bull shit, man.”

“Word of advice,” said Willy mildly. “Do not tell the boss that what he’s saying is bull shit.”

Paul ignored all of them. “Now I want you to go get your face cleaned up, and I don’t want to see you here for the rest of the day.” Then he turned to Vik. “And I don’t want to see you here either, so make your self scarce. Understand?”

“Perfectly,” Vik muttered before turning away.

“Good. Now I’m assuming a few of you can get this fixed because I want to have a word with Willy as well as you two,” he said pointing at Larry and Edge. “And if anyone sees Adam or Bono tell them that I want to talk to them as well.”

that's all for now, maybe more later tonight if i can find time to write, if not there'll definetly be more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom