Bright End of Nowhere pt 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
no Edge in this part, i need to have Bono remove his head from his ass to further the plot later.
disclaimer: didn't happen

Bono was stalking around backstage when he ran into Willy, their production designer. “Have you seen Edge?”

Willy shook his head. “Not recently. Why?”

“Aislinn was here.”

“Ahh. While we’re looking for people have you seen Vik?”

“No. Why?”

“Because she disappeared without finishing wiring the screen so we blew a bunch of connections when we went to test it.”

Bono thought back and realized with a jolt that Vik could have very easily overheard the argument between him and Aislinn. “I bet where ever she is Edge is.”

Willy started to ask something but Bono was already striding away.

There was something about Edge and Vik that Bono just couldn’t put his finger on. It wasn’t romance, Vik had shot that idea down immediately without even a second thought even though he had a sneaking suspicion that it might become romance. But it was more then friendship because there was something else there, some sort of understanding.

While Bono hadn’t thought that Vik really felt anything it was obvious that she felt a lot more then she showed because somehow she’d managed to drag Edge out of the depressed state he’d been in at the beginning of the tour. He just couldn’t remember how she’d done it. The rest of them had tried everything to no effect but Vik had done something and that had changed everything.

What had she said to him, something to the effect of ‘you don’t have a clue how much he’s hurting’. What had that meant exactly? What did she know that the rest of them didn’t? Had she been through something that allowed her to understand what Edge was going though?

Abruptly Bono turned and went in search of Paul.

“What do we know about Vik?” he demanded upon finding the manager.

“Vik?”

“The technician who’s friends with Edge.”

“Oh, Vickers Chamberfield. I could look up what information we have on her if you want. Why the sudden interest?”

“Because I need to know something.”

It took Paul a few minutes to pull up her file on the computer. “There you go, I have to go make phone calls so you’ll have to close that down when you’re done.”

Bono nodded absently as he started to read. Her bio was extremely short, she’d never had any kind of a criminal conviction and she’d never been married. The most interesting thing was that the place where her parents names should have been was two words, Chamberfield Orphanage.

Bono leaned back in his chair in surprise, she’d grown up in an orphanage? The fact that it was Chamberfield Orphanage bothered him, he was sure he’d heard the name somewhere before but couldn’t place it.

It came to him a moment later, he’d read the name before in a news paper article a couple years ago. Chamberfield Orphanage had been closed down because of the abnormally high suicide rate. Apparently it had been like that for years and no one had ever bothered to do anything about it.

Suddenly Bono had an increased respect for Vik for her ability to come out of a place like that and still be almost normal. It explained her understanding of how to help people with depression though. As he closed down the computer Bono made a mental note to have a word with Vik later and perhaps thank her.

more tomorrow hopefully

Back
Top Bottom