Bright End of Nowhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
Here's the Zoo TV fic, and as a warning this story will contain reference to self-harm so if you don’t like that don’t read it.

disclaimer: fiction, every bit of it

Vik ran a hand backwards through her short dark brown hair making it stick up in every direction. She was just one of the many technicians U2 had hired for their new tour. This tour promised to be something of a spectacle like rock and roll had never seen before. While she had learned long ago to ignore the opinion of rock stars she couldn’t help but be impressed by the Zoo TV set up.

Though a fancy set up didn’t mean anything to Vik other then more work. Not that work was a bad thing, if it kept her occupied it kept her away from the band and the last thing she wanted or needed was to be around pampered rock stars who thought if they told you to jump you’d immediately ask how high.

Vik had spent the better part of the last six years on the road with various rock bands and to her they were all the same, overly obnoxious with ego’s bigger then Mt. Everest. The fact that people referred to U2 as “the biggest band in the world” only made Vik believe that they’d be worse then all of the others. In any case she was in no hurry to meet the band to confirm her suspicions.

Right now she was fifty feet in the air checking television screens with the only keeping her from crashing to the ground bellow a nylon rope attached to the harness around her waist.

She could hear the rumble of chatter from the techs on the ground as she worked checking power couplings and wiring. She went to make an adjustment to some of the wiring when power surged through the coupling burning her fingers.

“Shit!” Vik cursed wringing her hurt hand and trying to ignore the smell of burnt flesh. “What idiot turned on the power before we’d finished checking everything?”

Carefully she finished making the adjustments before kicking back off the wall and released the clamp holding her to the rope so that she experienced a moment of free fall before tightening it up just enough to slow her decent.

Glancing down she hollered, “Look out bellow,” to ensure that no one stood directly under her.

Just as she was about to reach the ground someone stepped out from the stage exit right under her.

Vik managed to twist enough that she didn’t land on him but the move sent them both sprawling.

“Would you watch where you’re going,” she snarled as she picked herself up. “Some of us are actually trying to work here.”

A man dressed completely in black leather with his eyes hidden behind dark sunglasses stepped out of the doorway frowning at her. “Maybe you should have announced that you were coming down first. It’s not all Edge’s fault.”

‘Oh shit,’ Vik thought ‘I just landed on the band. So much for my hopes of avoiding them.’

“I did,” she snapped refusing to apologize just because of who they were. “And everyone else managed to get out of the way.” She threw a glare in Edge’s direction. “But then some of us don’t need to concern themselves with the safety of mere mortals.”

Edge flushed. “Look, I’m sorry, I’ll look and listen next time.”

Vik blinked in surprise at Edge’s retreating back ‘hold on, did one of the holier-then-thou rock stars just apologize?’

His band-mate, however, was still glaring at her. “You didn’t need to bite his head off. He’s been through enough of a rough time lately without that.”

Vik just shook her head as she unattached the cord from her safety harness and muttered, “Yeah well he’s not the only one who hurts.”

there you go, hope everyone likes it.

Back
Top Bottom