Boys and Girls go to the School.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
We've had this thread before but not for awhile. So here it is again!

If you went to high school with U2, which boy would you be friends with?

Personally, I'd be too in love with Bono to ever talk to him, and Adam would frighten me.
frown.gif

Larry Mullen Jr? UNDERCLASSMAN. *sigh* lol

So as much as I'd like to say BONO!!!! I'd have to go with Edge, because I think we'd get along doing calc. homework together
biggrin.gif

Also, my Bono Complex would interfere with Bono's, and we'd cancel each other out and combust. So....

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

I think I'd get along with Edgie..I don't know why...Everybody knows I'm a Bono girl but I think if i were in school with them, Bono would probably get on my nerves.....lol

Flavia

Cool thread Mona!! Lets see...Bono I would probably hate becuase he was popular, Edge would be nice! Larry I KNOW I would have a major crush on
biggrin.gif
But I think I'd be friends with Adam. I was rebellious and funky in high school. Do you think he would get along with a Gothic girl?

Hmmm... Well, I probably would have to say Adam, even though I'm of the Larry persuasion. The reason being is no matter how much I think Larry is cute and stuff, he scares the hell outta me standing in his presence. I was terrified I was going to drop something on him.
biggrin.gif
He's one of those no-nonsense types and I'm a more laid back, do things at a slower pace kind of person. Then again, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to doing things, so maybe Larry wouldn't mind so much. I don't know... I think I'm rambling. GAAAAH!

I think Bono would probably make a good friend too, since he's a writer.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

ADAM because i read what he was like at school he was a HAM- so thats my choice

And id be friends with Larry, Dave and Paul too...
smile.gif

OOOOH my 400th post
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me
smile.gif

The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 01-05-2002).]

I'm too in love with all of them to do that.
lol.
I think I'd have to say.... Bono. I love him a LOT, and his personality is just so suited to being a friend of mine, that I have to choose him.
biggrin.gif
Edge is definitely second, though, because he is also very sweet, funny, and nice.
smile.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Definately Edge, and probably Adam. I have no idea what i'd think of Bono, I'd probably be in love with him, cuz he'd be the class clown. (i don't know too much about their pasts) And i'm horrible~ i agree with Mona about the descrimination of underclassmen. Honestly, the junior, sophomore, and freshman classes in my school are all one big class to me because i don't pay enough attention. i've always gotten along with older people better.

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

I think that I would be friends with Adam, because I hung out with the bad boys when I was in high school!!

I think that Bono would proboablly be the guy who I thought was too good looking, and too popular for me, but I had a secret crush on him anyway!!

(There was a guy like that, and I found out 2 years after high school that he had a crush on me too, and we dated a bit, perhaps I would date Bono after high school)

Edge, cause we're both science nerds. Maybe he could've taught me to play the guitar I've had since I was 16 (and now is just sitting in the corner gathering dust).

------------------
I had the loudest mouth. When we formed the group, I was the lead guitar player, singer and songwriter. Nobody talked back at first. But then they talked me out of being lead guitar player and into being the rythm guitar player and into just being the singer. And then they tried to talk me out of being the singer and into being the manager. But I held on to that. Arrogance may have been the reason. - Bono

As a vehicle it has its limitations: it probably wouldn't get you to work and back. But it could make someone a fantastic cocktail bar. - Edge on the lemon

LOL Disco and Martha and Crzy and I would actually have been in school with them! Too bad we didn't live in Dublin- SIGH!
wink.gif

From what I've read in the biography The Unforgettable Fire, I think Larry would have been the one I would most likely have taken up with as a friend. His personality seemed like a person I would have gotten along with. But now, these days as older people I think Bono is the one I would get along with and have the most fun with, we have lots in common. I would love to take him on a long, long trip!
smile.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 01-05-2002).]

*passes note to JamJar*

Jammy--
I'm supposed to meet Dave after school to do calc. together. You should come with me and I'll wander off or something and leave you too (!!) alone. He won't notice. I HAVE to find Spinny bc she knows the way Paul walks home, and we're gonna see if we can accidentally fall on his feet.

P.S. Make sure you keep Julie away from Dave. She keeps talking about wanting to "bedazzle" him, whatever that means...

P.P.S. That underclassman Lawrence is so annoying. He's really cute but he needs to learn to button his shirt.

--Mona

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-05-2002).]

which one of them would like to talk about books? that's all i did in high school was read and run, read and run, read and run. So who fits that category? I don't know them well enough to speculate.

and DO NOT leave jam jar in a room with edge alone. not if you ever want to see him again.

Probably the cool one that drank coffee from a flask.
biggrin.gif
And wasn't it pretty easy for a girl to be friends with Bono? So those two I'd think.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

I'd probably be friends with Adam, cause I WAS Adam in school, with the exception of streaking. LOL! I never did that, but I did drink coffee in the middle of class and all sorts of trouble causing stuff in school. I think I got kicked out of band at least once a week, but my teachers adored me, lol. Yup, I could just see it now, Adam and I sitting in the back of class with a pot of coffee.

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

i'd probably be friends with larry. as much as i'm attracted to bono, my personality is just like larry's. we would get along well. i'd probably spend all of high school admiring bono. there is this kid at my school who looks like larry (and plays the drums!) but he is such a bono! i admire him from afar, but i could never get him. *sigh*

i'd probably talk to edge in class, but i doubt a friendship would ever develop.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Hmmm... I was one of those brooding, socially conscious high schoolers (LAST YEAR, ack!) who talk a lot about everything and always have a higher purpose....so can anyone tell me which one of the guys was like that in high school? I haven't read enough about them at that age to really know who that was....but if they had their personalities that they do now...Bono and I would be BEST FRIENDS and I would probably hang out a lot with Edge...I'm really bookish too...And I would hang out with Adam cause he's a clown and I like to be funny a lot....Larry would be the unattainable HOT guy of the school....

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

If I went to high school with U2, I would have to say that I would have probably been friends with Adam, Bono and Edge because I had male friends in high school who all had similar qualities as them. Unfortunately, when I was in high school, I thought I was too cool to have friends younger than me, so most likely I would have never paid attention to Larry, because he would have been the "underclassman". LOL!

lol! poor larry! we're all shunning him cuz he's too young. ironic, huh?
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*passes note to JamJar*

Jammy--
I'm supposed to meet Dave after school to do calc. together. You should come with me and I'll wander off or something and leave you too (!!) alone. He won't notice. I HAVE to find Spinny bc she knows the way Paul walks home, and we're gonna see if we can accidentally fall on his feet.

P.S. Make sure you keep Julie away from Dave. She keeps talking about wanting to "bedazzle" him, whatever that means...

P.P.S. That underclassman Lawrence is so annoying. He's really cute but he needs to learn to button his shirt.

--Mona

Ha Ha!! I want to follow him home from school!! Perhaps take my dogs for walks purposely by his house, and call his house and hang up!!!

Edge - definitely, I was very shy/nerdy as well. I seemed to attract the underdogs...

Bono - I'd love to be his friend but he'd probably be the unattainable one, in with the the popular kids I could never get in with myself, no matter how I tried.
frown.gif

Larry - I could be friends with Larry, but it would take awhile to warm up to him...and he to me. He'd be the one I'd want on my side in times of trouble!

Adam - he'd be the cool but kind of scary kid...I'd want to know him, but would be afraid of approaching him. But then, after we would become aquainted, he'd probably the one I'd follow after like a puppy, and spout "Adamisms" left and right!

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*passes note to JamJar*

Jammy--

--Mona

LMAO!

Daaaaaaaaaaaave! can i bedazzle your pants?
smile.gif

You want to do WHAT with my pants?? *massive blush*

lol! *Garth*

------------------
~Julie*

If I went to school with the guys from u2 I think I would get along the most with Edge, we would be like nerdy buddies or something
biggrin.gif
I'd have a crush on Larry and be following him around school all the time or something. Bono I'd think he would be the class clown and Adam would be behind the school smoking pot
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Let's see.....

I'd probably be a casual acquaintance with Larry (because I was always scared of the cute jock-boys 'cos I'm shy).

I'd probly be ok friends with Bono (weirdness factor is high), and he's the kind of guy who transcends cliques; and Edge, mostly because of my honorary position in the AV Club..... *is a dork*

I'd be good friends with (and have a secret crush on) Adam because he was the kind of guy I was friends with. The freaky guy whose idea of a senior prank was to get cows from his farm and herd them up to the top floor of he school. Cows will go up stairs, but not down. They have to be herded up to the roof and airlifted out. I kid you not. Heh.

Boy, that went off-topic. Sorry.
smile.gif

izzy (we almost did that, too)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)
"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

That's a good question. My answer is that I would probably be friends with all of them ... I kind of hung out and fit in with a lot of different groups at school (the artists, jocks, popular people, the not-so-popular people). I think I would have gotten along with all of them.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

LMAO @ you young girls calling Larry 'underclassman' how do you know you wouldn't have been one too? Or were you even born?
wink.gif

I hate to say it but Bono seemed to be the least likeable of the bunch as teenagers, at least the way I've heard him described which may not be fair. However, that has changed, he is very likeable, soft and cuddly now. Still I do think it would have been fun to hang with Bono and the Village boys! Yes, I would have thought Bono was cute even if I never heard of U2, I like guys who look like that. I think Edge would have been the best friend material for me.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom