Bono's World - impressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
This graphic is a snapshot of Bono's humanitarian empire complete with how they connect with each other. The graphic was featured in the NYT.

Take a look at the enlarged image. It's pretty interesting to see how many parallel universes revolve around Bono and his efforts. And here's an interesting stat. According to the info-graphic, Product (RED) is maintained by 12 full time employees. Talk about lean.

Monday, November 13, 2006

bono_graphic.jpg

it's mind-boggling how he juggles it all. And this graphic doesn't even show the other side of his life, the band, the touring, and most importantly his family life (4 kids!! that's a handfull right there.........)

(PS:really sorry the print is kind of small in the image)

Last edited:
And Elevation Partners are not mentioned there.

Also, none of his other pursuits are mentioned: for example his stake in the Clarence. That's not to mention his involvement with the many restaurants and pubs that he owns with his brother and with others, including the Michelin-starred "Spotted Pig" in New York.
And on and on......

biff said:
And Elevation Partners are not mentioned there.

Also, none of his other pursuits are mentioned: for example his stake in the Clarence. That's not to mention his involvement with the many restaurants and pubs that he owns with his brother and with others, including the Michelin-starred "Spotted Pig" in New York.
And on and on......

Yes, I know it's not necessarily beneficent, but it's certainly part of his world.

omg!!!
I think bono has lots of clones and doubles...
how can he do all this things? :huh:
where is bono?he's in africa,he's in dublin with his sons, he's in london at abbey road, he's in new york...
I was right...bono is everywhere...
he's stressed, poor man!!!

here is the link to the original article the graphic is on the left of the page about half way down. of course this being the nytimes you might have to be registered to read the whole article

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/13/us/13bono.html?ref=giving

also did anyone else notice that sheila roche was the communications director of product red. if you have read your "orange bible" youll know who she is

as we would say in my family "hes got his fingers in lots of different pies"

and yes ill say it for you. i am a cynic

Maybe a LITTLE perspective might come in handy here -- Bono is not responsible for doing his own cooking, cleaning, bill paying, house maintenance, errand running, or any of the other infuriating nuisances that eat up both time and energy for mere mortals. He doesn't have to worry about money, about how to pay for health care, or housing, his children's education, or anything, except the odd shiny lemon. He lives in very comfortable circumstances -- that makes a big difference. If any of you will recall, even before the boys were born, Bono's advice to others in his position was that you HAD to travel with TWO nannies, you couldn't hack it with just one. He has assistants up the wazoo, and when he needs to raise money or consciousness on an issue, all he has to do is tell the NYT or Oprah or whatever, and it gets play.

Don't get me wrong, Bono is a honey, and there are PLENTY of people in his position who would use the freedom they have to screw dogs and develop the perfect frozen margherita. I'm just saying, perspective.

FEELINNUMB said:
Bono's advice to others in his position was that you HAD to travel with TWO nannies, you couldn't hack it with just one.

Where have you ever heard this? I've never heard it, and as far as I know Bono and Ali only have one...

Honestly, how many men -rich or not- aren't cooking or cleaning either?
Money isn't all that matters...

Galeongirl said:
What's the orange bible? :scratch:

its bill flannagan's book written in the early to mid 90's chronicling U2 during the creation of achtung baby and follows the band during zootv through zooropa, etc

i thought the slang term for the book was "the orange bible"

celtophile said:

its bill flannagan's book written in the early to mid 90's chronicling U2 during the creation of achtung baby and follows the band during zootv through zooropa, etc

i thought the slang term for the book was "the orange bible"

oh lol I know it as the U2 bible :) Thanks for clarifying that!
:drool: U2 at the end of the world is such a great book!

I hope he has this image posted above his mirror. It's hard, because sometimes, with all the effort we put into things, we want to see immediate results. I hope that he acknowledges how much of a difference he has made, and how many lives he has touched.

Back
Top Bottom