Bono's Sons to See Their First U2 Concert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Here is another very sweet article about the Hewson family:

The Mirror
7th March 2005

BONO'S BOYS FOR CROKER

by FIONA WYNNE

BONO'S youngest children Elijah and John Abraham will see their dad
perform for the first time this summer.

Mum Ali plans on taking the whole family, Jordan, 15, Eve, 13, Elijah,
five, and John, three, to U2's sold-out Croker gigs on June 24 and 25
in Dublin.

And she admitted it will be important for Bono to have his family in
the audience as he is nervous about his impending world tour.

The tour will cover 13 US cities. The band will also play 24 European
gigs, finishing in August.

Ali, 42, said: "The first date is March 28 in San Diego and it is a
nervous time because it is a big thing to do.

"I think every time they do it they are as nervous as the first time
they went on stage.

"There is more expectation, and I will be just as nervous.

"But I'm really looking forward to bringing Eli and John to Croker to
see their dad for the first time in June."

(c) MGN Ltd. 2005

This promises to be a REALLY MAGICAL MOMENT for the Hewson family.

Only wish that I could be there to see the delight on their faces!:wink:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

More of the Mirror's bogus crap. This "Croker" (so-called) event certainly won't be Eli's first U2 show. Anyone who's followed such events will know otherwise. (You might want to try Paris on the last tour.)

biff said:
More of the Mirror's bogus crap. This "Croker" (so-called) event certainly won't be Eli's first U2 show. Anyone who's followed such events will know otherwise. (You might want to try Paris on the last tour.)

Was Eli there?? At the age of two? wow, I didn't know that. Never too old to learn:wink:

Actually, the whole family were at Slane as well. I saw video footage of them arriving by helicopter. The video showed them emerging from the 'copter and walking towards the venue. Bono was carrying Eli, Ali had John, and the two girls were following behind them. It's the only time I've ever seen all six of them in one image. Unforunately, it was on TV for about 15 seconds, and I was unable to tape it.:(

As to Eli being in Paris, here a quote from an old article:

"Bono, who has made some excellent progress in French, tells the crowd of the second Parisian show, right before playing 'Kite' "pour mon fils Elijah qui EST là CE soir" ("for my son Elijah who is here tonight")."

Just to add to the above, the Hewson's seem to enjoy introducing their kids to "Dad's job" when they're very young.
When U2 were on the Lovetown tour, in 1989, Bono brought Jordan on stage during Love Rescue Me. He said: "This is the first time she's ever seen U2 play. Her name is Jordan, she's four months old, by the way." Now that's young! (I'm sure she must have been sporting massive earplugs!)

i think that mirror article copped that ali quote from another article in another newspaper this week--can't recall which one. she definitely wasn't saying it would be the first time they would see their dad play live, but that seeing the band at croke park would be something special for the kids, and she was especially looking forward to john and eli experiencing it.

I think what Ali said in the original Independent article was that she was excited to take the boys to Croke Park for the first time...

"And U2, one of the family businesses, still turns her on as she reels off tour dates from memory and looks forward to the younger children, Eli, 5, and John, 3, having their first outing at Croke Park."

dsmith2904 said:
I think what Ali said in the original Independent article was that she was excited to take the boys to Croke Park for the first time...

"And U2, one of the family businesses, still turns her on as she reels off tour dates from memory and looks forward to the younger children, Eli, 5, and John, 3, having their first outing at Croke Park."

I guess the Mirror has misquoted worse items. I thought they had been to a U2 show before, thanks for the info about the Paris show. However, this will probably be the first one the boys will remember, at least Eli will remember John might be too young still.

I remember reading about Jordan's first appearance. Cute! John is a bit young to remember Elevation, so this is almost his first time.

biff said:
And it certainly won't be John's first show either. Another recent article stated that Ali would soon be packing the family up and heading off for the start of the tour so the kids will probably all be at the first show in San Diego.

Ali said she was excited to take the boys to Croke Park for the first time to see their da perform.

Why should such a sweet thought and a well-meaning article become a battle ground?

We say all these wonderful things about Ali and then turn around and take her words out of context!

For what purpose?

Relax and enjoy life....:up:

"Ali said she was excited to take the boys to Croke Park for the first time to see their da perform."

Ali actually didn't say that, and she especially didn't say the word "da".

"Why should such a sweet thought and a well-meaning article become a battle ground? We say all these wonderful things about Ali and then turn around and take her words out of context!"

It was the Mirror that took her words out of context, and they have been notorious for this over the years, often to shameful degrees. There's nothing even remotely "sweet" about this tabloid. Why not refer to the actual, legitimate article from which the Mirror stole, or better yet, just leave it. The entire, legitimate article has already been posted at Interference.

Last edited:
I want to see the whole family.

It would end my To-Do-Before-I-Die list: meet Ali or one of his family members, or Bono himself!

biff said:
Actually, the whole family were at Slane as well. I saw video footage of them arriving by helicopter. The video showed them emerging from the 'copter and walking towards the venue. Bono was carrying Eli, Ali had John, and the two girls were following behind them. It's the only time I've ever seen all six of them in one image. Unforunately, it was on TV for about 15 seconds, and I was unable to tape it.:(

As to Eli being in Paris, here a quote from an old article:

"Bono, who has made some excellent progress in French, tells the crowd of the second Parisian show, right before playing 'Kite' "pour mon fils Elijah qui EST là CE soir" ("for my son Elijah who is here tonight")."

Thanks for the info biff!

I'll have to check the Paris show again, I saw parts of it but not completely. I do remember that Bono's speeches were not very clear , not the best recording.

What I do remember though is that Evi and Blue got onto the ramp with Bono, I think it was during mysterious ways (geez, i really have to take another look at this show:eyebrow: )
The pics were posted in Pleba back then.

Jamila said:
Ali said she was excited to take the boys to Croke Park for the first time to see their da perform.

Why should such a sweet thought and a well-meaning article become a battle ground?

We say all these wonderful things about Ali and then turn around and take her words out of context!

For what purpose?

Relax and enjoy life....:up:
Battle ground? Where was there any battle in this thread? Myself and a couple of others simply pointed out that the article was incorrect in stating that Croke would be the first show for Bono's sons. I don't think we're the ones who need to relax.

Jamila said:

"But I'm really looking forward to bringing Eli and John to
Croker to see their dad for the first time in June."

Don't get me wrong, but at first this line made me go:

"Did Ali seperate the boys from Bono at their birth?"
:eyebrow:

But then I realized what it was all about when I read it again.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom