Bono's son's name?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zuropa_fit said:
Is it really Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q???

I think that every U2 fan has asked themselves that question at some point in their lives. It is quite a unique name. :cute:

The "Q" refers to Quincy Jones who is a close friend of Bono's and who was working on the "Drop the Debt" issue with Bono & Bob Geldof during the time when baby Eli was born.

Gotta love Bono....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Re: Re: Bono's son's name?!

martha said:

He will never be able to find that on a souvenir keychain. :angry:

LOL Or "license plate" for his bike.

Gee, maybe when he grows up he'll marry Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily Hutchence. They'll name their first son Fred. Or Joe. Sue. Anything short.

Re: Re: Bono's son's name?!

martha said:
He will never be able to find that on a souvenir keychain. :angry:
:lol: I remember complaining to my mother once as a kid that they never sold personalized pencils with my name (Chasity) on them. She kind of got annoyed and said "Would you rather me have named you something else then, just so you could have a pencil with your name on it?" :reject:

zuropa_fit said:
Bono should hang his head in shame. :tsk:

I hope you're joking.

Compared to other celeb kids, Bono's children have almost boringly normal names.

His son is only called Elijah or Eli, which is a biblical name like all the names of Bono's other children.

All of Eli's other names he has are references to people, like Q to Quincy Jones or Patricius to St. Patrick of Ireland or Guggi to, well, Guggi obviously. And Bob, after Bono's Dad.

There is nothing strange about this name or any of Bono's kids' names. In fact, they are all beautiful names.

He hasn't named one of them Bono jr. after all. Now that would have been something. But as long as Ali has her say in this, I'm sure it will be okay. :lol:

Well, Edge's kids, on the other hand, are a different story. Blue Angel anyone?

Last edited:
last unicorn said:

I hope you're joking.

Compared to other celeb kids, Bono's children have almost boringly normal names.

His son is only called Elijah or Eli, which is a biblical name like all the names of Bono's other children.

All of Eli's other names he has are references to people, like Q to Quincy Jones or Patricius to St. Patrick of Ireland or Guggi to, well, Guggi obviously. And Bob, after Bono's Dad.

There is nothing strange about this name or any of Bono's kids' names. In fact, they are all beautiful names.

He hasn't named one of them Bono jr. after all. Now that would have been something. But as long as Ali has her say in this, I'm sure it will be okay. :lol:

Well, Edge's kids, on the other hand, are a different story. Blue Angel anyone?

Um, how about Memphis Eve? :wink:

And I don't know about where you live, but Blue is a common name for redheads where I am....I know a few Blue's....I guess people have different perceptions of weird :shrug:

Memphis Eve is a nice name, a lot of people are including city names into their kids' named, I don't see it as weird. But I guess it really has to do with were you are living. I have heard so many horrible celebrity children names where I really feel sorry for the kids, but Bono's kids' names are really anything other than strange. Bob Geldof's kids, on the other hand .... phew, I pity them.

last unicorn said:
I don't see it as weird.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's an individual perception and no one is right or wrong about what's a good name. Names are chosen for many different reasons and all as importants as the other. Yeah, Bob's kids have unique names, and some other kids have what I consider downright horrific names, but that's just my opinion. :wink:

I can't even comment b/c I names I've picked for future hypothetical children will all sound "weird", though anyone who knows me and my family or is Dutch (used to Dutch names) wouldn't think so.

I think Memphis Eve is pretty, and I like Eve or Evie.

zuropa_fit said:
Wow. People are gettin' all uppity! Who knew?

I've never heard that thing about redheads named Blue. What's the story behind that?

:lol: No uppityness from this corner!! I don't do that sh!t! :tongue:

Don't know what the story is with Blue as a name for redheads. It's more common as a nickname for redheads rather than legal name.

I like names that are a little different. A friends daughter has a really common name and shares it with 4 other girls in her class! My kids all have not so common names, yet they're not 'out there' names either.

sue4u2 said:

Memphis Eve is such a lovely name. Not unsual at all.
My granddaughter(s) are Madison and Kate Alexandria.
I also have a female friend named Sydney.
:wink:

I totally agree with you that it's a lovely name. All I was trying to point out to another reply was that although Bono's kids mostly have common first names, Eve's is a little different, and not so common. I certainly didn't mean I didn't like it! :lol: It's not a common name as such....that's all. :shrug: I'll shut up next time! :lol:

:wink:

MsPurrl said:
Then there's always Moon Unit Zappa and Dweezil Zappa.

I have a female friend named Kevin. :huh:

:lol: Moon Unit and Dweezil....I forgot about those ones!!

Kevin? :ohmy: That's a bit different!

OMG at some of these names. :crazy:

There are definitly "weird", or better: unusual names I like and some that I don't like. I like names that have a certain sound quality and rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom