Bono's Scar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Val

The Fly
Can anybody please tell me about the scar that Bono has on his chin? How and when did he get it? It's so beautifully displayed in the "One" video.

didnt he get it when he was doing the joshua tree tour. I think he fell off a wet stage or something and the spotlight glass shattered and hit him. Im sure someone has the full story around here.

I thought he got it after hours in a pub one night. Him and Edge got in an arguement about who looks better in black and one thing led to another and Larry had to hit both of them. Oh sorry, it was a dream I had.

http://www.u2faq.com/5.php

"{M2} While in Arizona rehearsing for the opening night of The Joshua Tree tour, Bono fell backwards off the stage while holding a small spotlight. The spotlight hit Bono in the chin, forcing him to get stitches at a local hospital."

Thank you. I don't know why I had a brain drain and didn't think to look at the FAQs of various websites for the answer to that.

At least it didn't happen during the concert - I can only imagine the chaos that would have created.

Lady Val said:

At least it didn't happen during the concert - I can only imagine the chaos that would have created.

No, that incident didn't happen during a concert, but the broken shoulder did. Ouch!:(

one7-vi.jpg

one6-vi.jpg

one8-vi.jpg

one11-vi.jpg

Here's some gorgeous One stills :love: I can't find the good closeup of his chin, I know somebody has it, must have been on my old computer.

agentmissa said:
I thought he got it after hours in a pub one night. Him and Edge got in an arguement about who looks better in black and one thing led to another and Larry had to hit both of them. Oh sorry, it was a dream I had.

:lol:Cute!

agentmissa said:

That's a great idea! Oh, is that why his arm was injured during Rattle and Hum?
:yes:

You can still see the scar if you look very closely at some of those new carriage ride pictures...which I may or may not have been doing last night...You can see it really well in some of the huge ones. Observe:

455a3ad5.jpg

Hey...speaking of injuries, could you experts tell me about Bono's back woes? My husband just had surgery on a ruptured disc...didn't Bono have a similar problem? (I want to give my husband inspiration--Bono looked pretty healthy running around the heart!!)
Thanks

promenade said:
Hey...speaking of injuries, could you experts tell me about Bono's back woes? My husband just had surgery on a ruptured disc...didn't Bono have a similar problem? (I want to give my husband inspiration--Bono looked pretty healthy running around the heart!!)
Thanks

Wasn't that Larry who had back surgery?

Back
Top Bottom