Bono's' Replacement'!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Dec. 5 -Irish National Press..

'Bono has spoken of his hope for the Drop The Debt Campaign and has said he would like to get out of it in a year or two and has asked Tom Cruise to take over as the leading light of the campaign.'

Hmmm-I admit, I've always had a major 'thing' for Tom-but this whole Tom/Nicole thing has sort of shattered my illusions
wink.gif
. Well, he is just a guy after all.

He's no Bono.
smile.gif

mdf80929.jpg

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

'Bono has spoken of his hope for the Drop The Debt Campaign and has said he would like to get out of it in a year or two and has asked Tom Cruise to take over as the leading light of the campaign.'

Hmmm-I admit, I've always had a major 'thing' for Tom-but this whole Tom/Nicole thing has sort of shattered my illusions
wink.gif
. Well, he is just a guy after all.

He's no Bono.
smile.gif

mdf80929.jpg

Erm, I can't see Tom in these role. I have never really thought of Tom as a very politcally active guy in the sense that Bono is.

Out of curiosity, who is taller, Tom or Bono.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Hmmmmm...

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:

Out of curiosity, who is taller, Tom or Bono.

Good question. Well, I'd say Tom is probably around 5'7". There have always been rumors that he wears 'lifts' in his shoes in films.

I know Nicole said on Letterman 'Well, I can finally wear heels now'.

Like Bono's actual height, Tom's seems to be a 'mystery'.
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

That's exactly what happened to me. I'm not a big fan of him anymore (not that I was before the breakup), but even less now.

And he's definately no match for Bono.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Mona does not like Tom Cruise.

Mona does not know why she speaks in 3rd person presently.

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

Hmmmm....Tom as a replacement for Bono? *Thinks about it, then declares*

NO WAY! Tom doesn't have the Bono spark that makes him a good spokesman for these issues....*shakes head*

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

And Tom can't work the shades like Bono can.... *sigh* Bono could do so much better

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

Well, at least Tom IS a U2 fan.

He went to the Irving Plaza show-I don't know if he went to any others-and he was on MTV a few nights ago saying U2 was one of his fave bands.

So I guess that's how Bono knows him.

------------------

Yeah, that's true Gina Marie.

Anyways, whether I like Tom or not doesn't matter. It's such an amazing cause and it's so sad to see Bono leaving after all he's done for it, especially that speech he gave at Harvard.... he's a fighter
smile.gif
but I wish he would stay w/ it cause he's already brought it so far
frown.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

They're both short and have big noses, I'm sure the politicians won't know the diference. lol

No seriously I can see why Bono would want out but I think that would seriously hinder the movement. It would be like starting over again, and this time with someone that has not being nearly as politically active in his career and would not be taken as seriously. Plus he's tooooo much of a pretty face (although I don't think he looks good at all). I don't know I hope a year is enough time to get most of this done and over with.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I DO NOT see the appeal in TC...I've tried really hard, but I just don't get it. I guess I just don't go for the "pretty boys" like TC and Brad Pitt. Bleah. Give me a guy with character...someone who's looks are a tad "off-kilter" like Bono and the boys, or Jeff Goldblum or Will Patton...

However, as far as taking over the reins for Bono on the Drop the Debt campaign, I think that Tom--being *TOM CRUISE*--well, those looks might only enhance his appeal in that role. But I don't think that he is all that worldly-wise on a political level like our boy Bono...Bono has just got it GOIN ON. He's extremely intelligent (more that people give him credit for), and is SO on the ball when it comes to world events and issues...he's like a political sponge! Plus he cares very deeply about his causes...can Tom do all that??? I doubt it. He can give it a good run, but he'll *never* have the charisma, charm, chutzpah and 'cojones' that Bono intrinsically has within him, in order to go out and do what Bono does so well, so naturally and so effortlessly. *hugs Bono*

What is Bono again?? Shirley knows...read my sig!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Disco
------
Disco to Edge: Thanks for making 14 years worth the wait - you guys were great tonight!
Edge: Thanks!
Disco: See you in Dallas!
Edge: Okay!
---
Bono: Do not fasten your safety belt. We are about to get airborn.
---
Gavin Friday on performing: They want hamburger...and we are caviar."
---
Our Bono is indeed a mighty force. He walks into a room and all the air gets sucked right out. He is completely magnetic. - Shirley Manson, on Bono
---
http://community.webshots.com/user/gudagirl
http://community.webshots.com/user/discoteque

Back
Top Bottom