Bono's on Good Morning America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KristenF said:
If you are near a TV-Bono is going to be on Good Morning America in a few minutes !:D

WAHH! Did he already come on? :sad: Did anyone tape this and would be generous enough to this poor ol soul to copy it off for them? Pretty please hehe :wink:

RE: Bono on Good Morning America

Diane Sawyer interviewed him via satellite from his home in Dublin. They talked about the AIDS epidemic in Africa and his goal of of getting President Bush to commit to a financial aid plan to help these people get the care they need. Bono gets a lot of flak from people over his various causes, but I love that part of him. It's so nice to see a rock star using his fame to try and better the world, rather than using it to trash hotel rooms and shag groupies. I hope he never lets his critics dissuade him from his goals.
And now to be totally shallow-he looked really great. I kind of like the long hair-it reminds me of the Joshua tree days, when I was 17 years old and he was my idea of male perfection.:drool:

Re: RE: Bono on Good Morning America

KristenF said:
Diane Sawyer interviewed him via satellite from his home in Dublin. They talked about the AIDS epidemic in Africa and his goal of of getting President Bush to commit to a financial aid plan to help these people get the care they need. Bono gets a lot of flak from people over his various causes, but I love that part of him. It's so nice to see a rock star using his fame to try and better the world, rather than using it to trash hotel rooms and shag groupies. I hope he never lets his critics dissuade him from his goals.
And now to be totally shallow-he looked really great. I kind of like the long hair-it reminds me of the Joshua tree days, when I was 17 years old and he was my idea of male perfection.:drool:

Wow, kewl! Thanks for telling us what it was about Kristen! :) I agree -- it's nice to see him trying to make the world a better place. And he's not your typical rock star - he's a good guy. :yes:

Did you record it? I'm so sad I missed it, I didn't even know he was going to be on. :( :cry:

Re: RE: Bono on Good Morning America

KristenF said:

Thanks, that's wonderful. From his HOUSE? That is cool! But WHY didn't we know about this ahead of time? It was a surprise and most of us probably missed it :( I was at the Dr. for my ear infection :( I hope stills or pics show up. Thanks for the report Kristen.

Me too! :happy: I wish we could have known each other back when we were 17, we'd have hit it off just great! ;)

Oh I want to see this so bad! :scream:

:ohmy:

How could we all have not known he was going to be on? From his house! :sad:

I hope someone taped it somewhere. Could we order copies of GMA from their website?

:sigh:

Unfortunately, I did'nt tape it. I don't know if it was actually his house, it was hard to tell-but they did say live from his home in Dublin. I can't believe there was no advance notice of this:sad:

I'm not absolutely certain of this but I'd think there would be a good chance that E! News Live or Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra would at least mention something about this tonight. Keep an eye out!!

I always watch Access hollywood if I'm home so I'll check it out. Altho I doubt they would highlight these issues. If it was on U2, it would be another thing...

go to showbizireland for the photo if you cant see attachments

i know its not GOOD MORING AMERICA NEWS but heres a NEW PHOTO of Bono and Ali at the Dublin Premeire of a Movie Last nite!!

Attachments

• guerinpremiere3.jpg
    guerinpremiere3.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 60
Re: go to showbizireland for the photo if you cant see attachments

adamswildhoney said:
i know its not GOOD MORING AMERICA NEWS but heres a NEW PHOTO of Bono and Ali at the Dublin Premeire of a Movie Last nite!!

If it's showbizireland, it will post! :yes:
guerinpremiere3.jpg

Re: Re: go to showbizireland for the photo if you cant see attachments

U2Kitten said:

If it's showbizireland, it will post! :yes:
guerinpremiere3.jpg

I'm not liking the hair that much...but, the open shirts :drool: wow. Those I like. :tongue: :evil:

The hair and the open shirt are fine with me :drool: Ali looks lovely but a little annoyed. Who's the other guy? Bono how can you watch a movie with shades on, doesn't it hurt your eyes?;)

There's a transcript of the broadcast available here GMA Transcript for $30. :mad:

They list Bono as "BONO (AIDS & PRO-AFRICA ACTIVIST)" guess he's not a singer anymore eh? :sexywink:

I can't find anywhere on the ABC site that has tapes available for GMA. :sad:

Oh, here's a link to e-mail GMA as well. Maybe they'll be able to tell us if there's tapes available. I'll have to e-mail them when I get off of work.

Back
Top Bottom