Bono's new pad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rihannsu

Refugee
Just saw this tonight and thought I'd post it.

From The Villager
The Da Chupi code:
For our weekly dose of Palazzo Chupi news, we hear from an insider that Julian Schnabel’s new palatial pomegranate place at 360 W. 11th St. has only five units, and that Bono indeed really has bought a duplex, while Richard Gere and Schnabel have taken two other apartments. The place sports a sunken swimming pool and grand rooms with fireplaces in each dwelling, the latter being a bit ironic in the U2 crooner’s case, since he was reportedly fleeing a chimney condition at the San Remo on Central Park West. Oh well, “it’s all right, he moves in mystery ways,” as they say. Prices are reportedly at least double what apartments in the Richard Meier West St. buildings were going for, with $12 million being the low end, we’re told. A Schnabel representative didn’t return our call on the Gere report. In other Palazzo Chupi news, our Nyons, France, correspondent, Patricia Fieldsteel, writes that chupe is a soup made with chicken, red meat or fish and vegetables; but most important — it’s pink. Chupe also means a part of the female genitalia, too, we’re informed. Either we are getting warmer — or much, much farther away in trying to figure out what chupi means. But we’ll keep at it.

Looks like Bono might be moving house. Wonder if Edge will get a place there too, after all didn't he have a pink house in Dublin?

Dana

Rihannsu, Thanks for that article.
Good job at keeping up with our man!! Is that the pink building talked about in another thread earlier this past summer??

:wave:

blm said:
Rihannsu, Thanks for that article.
Good job at keeping up with our man!! Is that the pink building talked about in another thread earlier this past summer??

:wave:

yep, it sure is.

schnabel.gif

maybe it isn't as much of an eyesore when you're wearing shades all the time :wink:

Last edited:
rihannsu said:
In other Palazzo Chupi news, our Nyons, France, correspondent, Patricia Fieldsteel, writes that chupe is a soup made with chicken, red meat or fish and vegetables; but most important — it’s pink. Chupe also means a part of the female genitalia, too, we’re informed. Either we are getting warmer — or much, much farther away in trying to figure out what chupi means. But we’ll keep at it.

thanks for the info Dana. though I have to say, this was my favorite part of the article.

Funny, since Bono once told a story about the guy who painted the door of the Martello Tower house just after he and Ali married--he painted the front door *silver* and Bono threw him off the property b/c he thought he was drunk.

My how times have changed.

Maybe the color alone will scare the tourists away---besides the ash/kiddie asthma problem (wonder which one of them it is?:( ) Bono's San Remo pad is starting to become a "Rock N'Stroll" destination of its own, from what I hear. That's in poor taste, I'd walk on by but NEVER hang out in front of a band member's house...really poor taste methinks.

Then again, someone suggested that maybe Jordan wnated to go to college here and this was going to be her future crash pad. Highly unlikely, IMO, but it's fun to speculate!

Last edited:
Update today on Scoopy's Notebook in the Villager

Bona fide Bono report: No one has moved into Julian Schnabel’s Palazzo Chupi on W. 11th St. yet, but we’re now absolutely certain that Bono has taken the penthouse duplex. So, it’s all right, it’s all right, maybe he doesn’t move in such mysterious ways after all. … And for the last word (we promise) on the meaning of that mysterious word “chupi,” see this week’s letters to the editor.

You mean Bono will be living in that PINK building when in NY?

:laugh:

Any word yet if he has sold or is selling his appartment in the San Remo?

I think the condo is for Bono and Edge's daughters. Didn't someone on here mention that the daughters may be attending NYC or am I mistaken.

Wow, the inside looks very nice. Very generous and full of light.

I wonder if this story is really true. There have been some rumors about Bono moving out of his appartment in the San Remo because of the smoke issue but I believe the fireplaces were banned after his complaint. So maybe there is some truth to it that the other place is for one or more of their college girls.

bonobeliever said:
I think the condo is for Bono and Edge's daughters. Didn't someone on here mention that the daughters may be attending NYC or am I mistaken.

I posted an article a while back from one of the NY papers (the Post?) or Gawker Stalker that Bono & Edge were checking out apts together in that building. We then speculated why, and one of the things we came up with was maybe was for Edge's daughters as they were becoming of college age - nothing was ever printed/posted by any media outlet speculating such.

On the speculation front once again, if that apt is for Bono, he would probably make a hefty profit if she sold his apt at the San Remo, which I believe he got a great deal on. Bono seems to be constantly traveling, as well as having his other residences, so maybe he's downsizing, while at the same time maybe making 25 million or so profit.

Or it could be a crash pad for Edge lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom