Bono's New Favorite T-Shirt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
mdf118443.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A new grass-roots political campaign has been spreading in Los Angeles and around the world like an e-mail chain letter: a call to ``free'' actress Winona Ryder.

The 30-year-old ``Girl, Interrupted'' star, arrested on suspicion of shoplifting in a posh Beverly Hills Saks Fifth Avenue store last month, is free on $20,000 bail. She has been accused, but not formally charged, of removing security tags from nearly $5,000 worth of clothing and accessories and stuffing them into a shopping bag.

And therefore the slogan, ``Free Winona,'' created by Los Angeles gift shop owner Billy Tsangares and printed in jail-issue-style block letters on more than 600 T-shirts that have sold like tooth whitener in the weeks since Ryder's arrest, is basically bogus.

No matter. This is L.A. (''Lala Land'' to the uninitiated) and the $15 ``Free Winona'' shirts are gaining sales momentum and popping up in many of the city's trendiest spots.

``Sales are exploding, I'm getting 100 calls a day,'' Tsangares told Reuters.

But, like, why?

``With the types of political events that have been going on since Sept. 11 it's been hard to make a statement that isn't consistent with 'Stop Terrorism' or 'Promote the USA.' This type of humor is a way to be political without necessarily taking a stand that's going to offend somebody,'' Tsangares said.

``This gives people an expression that is radical and at the same time meaningless,'' he added.

To that end, Tsangares on Wednesday launched a $20 canvas tote bag bearing Ryder's mug with the slogan, ``I paid for this stuff.''

biggrin.gif

LMAO Gina.... where do you find these things?

She probably sent one to Bono herself (and the bazillion other rock stars she's thrown herself at...)
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

Bono...in....short....sleeves....holy..

Wait so is she in jail now? Or just charged?

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Bono...in....short....sleeves....holy..

Wait so is she in jail now? Or just charged?

I'm pretty sure she's out, but she's still got charges against her.... so the whole "Free Winona" thing is a big joke

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
I'm pretty sure she's out, but she's still got charges against her.... so the whole "Free Winona" thing is a big joke

K. Now that that's settled.

Bono....in....short....sleeves....holy....
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

LMAO Gina.... where do you find these things?

<-----Internet news junkie.

And she's out on bail-prosecutors are 'considering' whether or not they should file charges-we know what that means.
rolleyes.gif

icon16.gif

bono_050.jpg

I say put her in jail and throw away the key-give Bono and all those other rock stars and actors a break.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Bono..neck...

didn't he give her a gun for her bday one time? *scared*

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Bono..neck...

didn't he give her a gun for her bday one time? *scared*

Bono? Gave her a ...?

*scared for Bono* What if she snaps?

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

bono_050.jpg

skank!

i can't imagine bono giving anyone a gun.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

Bono? Gave her a ...?

*scared for Bono* What if she snaps?

I swear it was in the Flanelly...er Flanagan Bible. It was inscribed or something? Eh.

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I swear it was in the Flanelly...er Flanagan Bible. It was inscribed or something? Eh.

*wonders if he would ever give Ali a gun*

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

Yikes-I don't remember that. Hmmm.

That explains what happened to all her ex boyfriends.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

LMFAO!

Well, Jimmy Fallon managed to survive.... *thanks God*
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

*wonders if he would ever give Ali a gun*

ROFL Hold on I'm gonna look this up. Maybe I read two separate stories and made them into one.

I wish Bono would give ME a gun. *jealous* LMAO

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

You're right Mona! I can't believe that Bono would buy someone (especially his stalker!) a gun, but he did. Here's an exerpt:

"Winona's my guide to all this movie stuff," Bono explains. "She's given me hours of good advice." After Rattle and Hum Bono and Winona kicked around the idea of trying ot make a western about Calamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickock, a film about the struggle between love and independece. Eventually Bono got distracted with recording Achtung Baby and making tour plans, Winona gor involved in putting together Dracula, and the cowboy idea got put aside. For her 21st birthday Bono gave the actress a .38 Magnum with the inscription, "Happy Birthday, Winona - You've made my day."

Let me just say,
icon21.gif

Ah there we go! Ah....I think they're just good chums.

I mean, say, for example, I was friends with Bono and we hung out together and went cruising in my mom's wood-paneled 80s station wagon which only gets about 5 radio stations, 3 of which are fuzzy anyway, and the seatbelts in the back don't have the thing that goes over yer chest to keep you from flying through the window which I don't think are legal anymore -- hm.... and we went to 7-11 and got ourselves some ginormous Slurpees and drank them but they were so big that they lasted an entire DAY and then we had to stop somewhere to use the restroom but we couldn't speak English!! And.....wait...what am I talking about. WHAT THREAD IS THIS?

O, right. If I were friends with Bono, even I would think something was up, and I'd fall on his feet, like I do sometimes. Not on purpose. (falling...falling at your feeeet...) Em...but I'd be scared if Bono gave me a gun

YOU SHOOT ME FROM A GUN

JANIE'S GOT AAAA GUUUNNN....*Bono in Steven Tyler pants*

I need to go eat dinner. Someone please plug me brain back into the wall.

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

She is a beautiful girl-but, hmmm. She and Courtney Love supposedly got in a physical fight w/ other people in the heart at one of the LA shows, ending up w/ Winona in a headlock.

Winona after reading her threads on PLEBA...

wr2.jpg

planet6.jpg

rolleyes.gif

pg602102000photo18.jpg

Wouldn't it be fun if we had a bowling alley in the basement of the PLEBA mansion, like they did in 'Girl, Interrupted?' Except we wouldn't all have mental problems. Well not the rest of youse guys.

ME, however....
girl-interrupted.jpg

<-- not blond lol

O....I can't find bowling pictures.

girl72.jpg
Winona.

...Wasn't she in "Little Women" too?

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Wouldn't it be fun if we had a bowling alley in the basement of the PLEBA mansion, like they did in 'Girl, Interrupted?' Except we wouldn't all have mental problems. Well not the rest of youse guys.

AW-come on Mona. When you get a lil' older, you might learn from experience that everyone seems to have 'mental problems' in one way or another-some people are just better at hiding them.
smile.gif

I loved that movie btw-what was this thread originally about?Oh well...

The PLEBA mansion wannabes...

girlinterrupted2.jpg

girlinterrupted1.jpg

eek.gif

ryder.jpg

And though you'd never know it from this pic-yes, she was in Little Women-that was a good movie too.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

The PLEBA mansion bowling alley-no Winona allowed!

But leather men, droomers, scientists, and jazz men are free to come as they please.
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I think that it would be fun to be friends with Winona Ryder and Gwyneth Paltrow. They know so many cool people, and hey, if I dated all of their rejects then I would have a pretty good boyfriend resume!!!

the fact that she was caught stealing i find really really pathetic.

Mocking her..i find amusing...on this subject but i really don't care what happens to her.

I want to know WHERE's OJ's EXGIRLDFRIEND?

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

Originally posted by Ana:
Like we want to remember it
rolleyes.gif
We should be those girls who went out with Bono
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 01-25-2002).]
It totally should have been Mrs. Edge and I. After all, the bowling Alley was located here in Toronto. Also, I used to bowl in a league, and I had the high average, and the high game. I could teach him how to bowl.

*Pictures self helping Bono roll the ball through his legs*
*Body (& Mind) Falls into the gutter*

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Originally posted by Ana:
Like we want to remember it
rolleyes.gif
We should be those girls who went out with Bono
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 01-25-2002).]
It totally should have been Mrs. Edge and I. After all, the bowling Alley was located here in Toronto. Also, I used to bowl in a league, and I had the high average, and the high game. I could teach him how to bowl.

*Pictures self helping Bono roll the ball through his legs*
*Body (& Mind) Falls into the gutter*
LMAO!! Bono in bowling shoes! how cute!!!

Adam would be writing obscene things on the score card
smile.gif
Larry would be trying to get some food and the woman working there would throw mustard on him and get it off by--

*CENSORS COME IN AND DISTRACT MONA WITH INTELEVISION*

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Also, I used to bowl in a league, and I had the high average, and the high game. I could teach him how to bowl.

1. I married an Irish guy he and SUCKS at bowling!!! So this is true, us american women would have to teach the irish lads how to bowl. I grew up in a bowling alley.

Adam would be writing obscene things on the score card
smile.gif

LOL - this brought to mind The Big Lebowski....anyone know what I'm referring to???

Back
Top Bottom