Bono's Muscleman t-shirt from Popmart tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cat Evans

Acrobat
Wow have you guys been on ebay lately, i went looking for U2 clothing and came across Bono's muscleman top he wore during the popmart tour!!!! You need to take a look and maybe some lucky PLEBAn will win it! But OMG!!! :shocked:

Are you allowed to add ebay links?? I won't post it until i know.

musclemanshirt.jpg

yeah its been on e-bay a few days now

edit: unless it has Bono sweat I dont want it

yup from what i can see but ye i would have thought that too.

Heres the bit from ebay

Original piece of U2 stage costume as worn by Bono, designed by Walter Van Beirendonck! I won this item in summer, 1997, in a competition held on the Radio One Jo Whiley lunchtime show. During an interview, Bono offered to donate one of the Musclemen T-shirts he had been wearing on stage for the ‘PopMart’ Tour, as a competition prize: and this is it! During the interview, Jo Whiley and the band joked that the garment would smell sweaty, but it is in perfect condition. It hasn’t seen the light of day since Bono handed it over! But it shouldn’t just languish in a wardrobe, so I have decided to sell! These shirts were made only as stage costume to fit Bono’s exact proportions and were NOT available as tour merchandise! This, therefore, is a unique opportunity to buy a bit of U2 history. So iconic is this garment that the cartoon Bono even wears one in the U2 episode of ‘The Simpsons’! All stage costumes for the ‘PopMart Tour’, including this top, were designed by cult Belgian designer Walter Van Beirendonck As you can see from the photo, it has stitched in, an authentic label reading "W & L. T." (Wild & Lethal Trash) which is the name of Walter Van Beirendonck’s clubwear range. It also reads ‘KISS THE FUTURE’ and carries another little tag which says ‘U2*POP’ A label inside says 95% cotton 5% Lycra. It is very clingy and has a zip along the left shoulder to make it a snug fit. The muscles are printed on top. Even if you aren’t a U2 fan, this is an astonishing piece of costume. Slip it on and admire your transformation into an obscenely fleshy Muscleman. Bid now for the chance to impress your friends with an instant six-pack!

There's another thread about it somewhere around here... we think a certain someone needs to get it. :giggle:

Cat Evans said:

Are you allowed to add ebay links?? I won't post it until i know.

FYI, you are allowed to...as long as you aren't promoting your own auctions. But items of interest like this that people stumble across are allowed to be posted.

Yes. I did. I'm picking it up this week. Anyone know what kind of glasses the B man wore during the tour? Those red ones would be great....

Back
Top Bottom