Bono's Montrosity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2 Beginner

New Yorker
Hello guys and girls!

I was wondering if there was a different name to Bono's montrosity (sp?) green hat? I really want to buy one, but just don't know where to find one. I thought if I knew a name for it, I could google it and find a site where I could buy it from.

This is the one:
bonosideba2.jpg

Could anyone help me please?

Or if anyone knows where I could buy one from in the UK, please let me know. :)

Thank You! :)

Last edited:
army cap
cameo hat

:hmm: dunno if there are more...

:wink: just go in the store and ask for a Green Monstrosity.. :lol: and be sure to take a pic of the salesperson's face!

Oh, phew, the HAT, by the title, I thought this was another thread about Naomi Campbell.

Hats like this were always available at U.S. Army/Navy stores, which I'm sure are online these days with so many yahoos wanting to play soldier. You might want to try that. Shame communists don't believe in merchandising, you'd be home free, it IS a Castro hat!!

~BrightestStar~ said:
Well, this settles it. My mind is deep in the gutter. :tsk:

:lmao:

U2beginner I got it of all places Longs Drugs... and it's actually not bad looking on! They also had camo hats in different colors. I decided to go ahead and buy one of these since I can't find my real army issue one (which is exactly like one of Bono's) that I wore all the time in the 80's. (see, he copied me.. :lol: )

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
army cap
cameo hat

:hmm: dunno if there are more...

:wink: just go in the store and ask for a Green Monstrosity.. :lol: and be sure to take a pic of the salesperson's face!

Yeah, I'd call it an "army hat" or a "Castro hat"

I can't get used to people calling Bono's green cap the green monstrosity/monster because THIS definitively IS the Green Monster:

2004May30LFFromRFInfieldSea.JPG

103-968238NEWBU.jpg

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom