Bono's Mercedes for sale on Ebay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merc said:

Oh yeah? I'll fight you like this ---> :madwife:

Or, wait... by the time Bono sells the Maserati it will probably be a total wreck, because of his "alternative" driving style! :hmm: You know what, you can take the Maserati, then I'll take Edge's Audi instead! :wink:

DEAL!

*cough* same with horizontal dancing... :whistle:

btw merc, I fight like THIS:
madwife4zw.gif

Oh my

Babydoll said:
Good point, Adrianna... :hmm: I wonder what we could create if we combined the DNAs of Larry, Bono, Edge and Adam altogether??

:hmm: Larry youthful looks(and that body), Bono's noble heart (and hawtness), Edges brillant mind( and uber talent), Adam's we all know what Adam talent is:shifty: . He would be one fine man indeed.

*work on DNA combination formula

Re: Oh my

Carmelu2fan said:

:hmm: Larry youthful looks(and that body), Bono's noble heart (and hawtness), Edges brillant mind( and uber talent), Adam's we all know what Adam talent is:shifty: . He would be one fine man indeed.

*work on DNA combination formula
Sounds like we have the right "bits & pieces" :evil: :shifty:

Carmelu2fan said:
Well, B'sDoll if I get one more stran of hair from Bono's car, I will be able to make you your very own McPhisto.
:nerd: Dreamoutloud has a very good plan cooked up. There is a chance that Adam, Edge and Larry, rode in the Benz, who knows what we could do with there DNA:macdevil:

:hmm: Yes, Adam, Edge and Larry of 1980 as well! mmm afroadam. Sweeeeeet!

The auction has ended... Bono's Mercedes sold for EUR 34,100.00
($43,723.02)

If the lucky pleban who won it would like to come pick me up for a spin, I'll bring the snacks! :wink:

Todays newspaper in Dublin said it was bought by a pub here in town that will put it on their roof. I think it was a pub on Parnell Street.

Dutch Partygirl said:
Todays newspaper in Dublin said it was bought by a pub here in town that will put it on their roof. I think it was a pub on Parnell Street.

That would be awesome!

It´s Fibbers Magee. It´s a rocker bar on Parnell Street.

The place is a dump but I usually end up drinking there. :lol:

Instead of trying to get a table, I´m going to park my arse inside the car and drink there. :wink:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
It´s Fibbers Magee. It´s a rocker bar on Parnell Street.

The place is a dump but I usually end up drinking there. :lol:

Instead of trying to get a table, I´m going to park my arse inside the car and drink there. :wink:

nice idea! :lol:

you ARE gonna take a pic for us when it's on the roof right? :sad:

Here's an item from The Independent:

New pub roof parking spot for 'Bono's banger'
Monday July 10th 2006

IT'S affectionately known as 'Bono's banger' or 'bone shaker'.

But Bono's rusting old car will soon take pride of place in Dublin city centre - on the roof of a pub.

The 26-year-old Mercedes was sold yesterday on eBay to Fibber Magees, a late night venue on Dublin's Parnell St.

And manager Dave Lawlor is determined that the car - which cost €34,100 - will be parked on the roof. "U2 actually played here once years ago so it's brilliant to get it," he said. Although the car has seen little of the open road over the years, it has driven through its fair share of charity auctions. And it's still registered in Bono's name.

The U2 singer first donated the Mercedes 450SL to a charity auction to raise funds for Ethiopia in 2000. It was snapped up by the Pepsi Cola company for €61,000.

The drinks giant passed it on to Keith Duffy two years later when he was holding a fundraiser for autism charities. On that occasion, Cork-based businessman Stuart Matthews bought it for €30,000.

"There were a lot of people bidding on the car," he said, "but there was no way I was going home without it. I fell in love with that car the minute I set eyes on it."

Thanks to its age, it is now classed as a vintage car. And it has the added bonus of being kitted out with a sound system that cost €12,200.

As it sold for more than the €30,000 asking price, Mr Matthews said he will donate the difference to the Chernobyl Children's Project.

Back
Top Bottom