Bono's Labour Party Speech 9/29/04

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bb072061.jpg

4f3a0f82.jpg

cdc5914f.jpg

716c6c73.jpg

b5aab202.jpg

thnak you, kelly, for posting these BEAUTIFUL pics of Bono. :wink:

I really like how close these pics are - you can really see the expressions on his face and the seriousness in his eyes.

Bono - a TRULY AMAZING MAN! :angel:

THIS IS THE TIME TO FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED. THIS IS NO TIME TO DREAM....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

biff said:
Yes, he could be given an honorary knighthood. He would not be allowed to use the title "Sir". (I would not be surprised if he had been approached quietly about this already, and had turned it down. Some people do. Many Irish people would have decidedly mixed feelings about this "honour".)

Are you sure he couldn't be called "sir"?
I mean , bob Geldof has been knighted and he is called Sir Bob (I do know he lives in England but he is still Irish isn't he?)

And you 're right biff about turning such a privilige down. I think he made a comment like that when many bands performed at the queen's 50 years reign celebration. the Corrs did perform and maybe some other irish i forgot about, but as I recall I read somewhere that Bono said it wouldn't be right to go there and celebrate for the queen.
So my gues is , he would turn it down.

Fantastic pictures. Im just so gutted this happened when Im doing a work placement out side of brighton.

Fantastic speech there. He really knows how to get peoples attention.

and I love the :hmm: :bono: pics :laugh:

kellyahern said:

:drool: :drool: Love that picture...the hair, the eyes, that slight smile...and boy is he looking young!

Haven't watched the speech yet, but I read the transcript - excellent of course, what else would you expect from the B-man? Seriously though, he's one of the few people I enjoy watching give speeches, and not just because he's so damn sexy (though that helps :p). He's a powerful speaker, and he speaks from the heart... he's not trying to get elected for anything. He's not looking for "charity points" to help his public image. He's not doing this as a favor to anyone. He's trying to help people, because they need the help... he speaks for those with no voice, he does what everyone else is afraid to do. To put it simply, he actually cares about fellow human beings enough to spend so much time and effort... amazing how rare that is these days. Bono, you're a beautiful person, inside and out. :heart: :bono:

Back
Top Bottom