bonos hair *peace sign* i wanna discuss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candys room

The Fly
when is the short hair , long hair. i know theres like a war about his hair but when does one side become the other,when do ppl stop and go hang on thats too short/long i dont like that.discuss=

im i askin for trouble
tongue.gif

------------------
"dont let life discourage you, everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

SIGH I hope we're not in for more trouble you're right. Well I was thinking exactly the same thing but I wouldn't post it- ha! The thing with me is, everyone labels me as a long hair girl, and I do love the long hair, love the mullet too, but you know what? I love his Elevation and ZOO TV hair just as much! His hair doesn't have to be long, I just can't stand it when he looks like he's lost a fight with a lawn mower LOL! Good rule- if you can still run your fingers through it, it's not too short. If it can't lie down on it's own, it's too short. I think that the shaved hair really changed the way his face looked to me and made him no longer attractive to me. I think he has to have a certain amount of hair to frame his face, make his eyes look pretty and enhance his beauty. I will post some examples in a minute.

First I want to say that when too many of the people here refer to 'short hair' they mean shaved off, skinheaded and buzzed, what to me is no more than stubble. To me that doesn't even qualify as hair LOL! I will tell you when it's too short for me- if none sticks out from the bottom beneath his ears, he looks sooo old and dorky. Just a little length on his neck and he's hot! When I saw the BD video the first thing I thought was, oh good, he's not a skinhead or a geek anymore, but just a couple more inches in the back and he'll be a babe! I never really expected it but Bono granted my wish!
smile.gif
Just what I needed, just what I love. But- I don't consider it LONG. Here's another thing- if it doesn't start to hang down your back and you can't make a ponytail out of it it's not long hair! I know some refer to his Elevation look as 'long hair' but it really isn't. Look at how much shorter it is than JT! I guess it's medium hair, like ZOO TV. Okay I'm gonna post this so you can read it then I'll go search for some good examples of what I mean. I hope you don't get flamed, or me either!

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 12-13-2001).]

Fine examples of what I consider SHORT HAIR and I love them all and they make me hot!
C447557.jpg

w799271.jpg

vL13070.jpg

Zs53144.jpg

qR94418.jpg

u2wem01.jpg

MMMM when it gets sweaty and sticks to the back of his neck like that, throw me in the cold shower.

gee whiz, I always get sucked into these ones it seems.

How bout we just say it's open to everyones own interpretations of however they like it.
It's like the old saying "Some like it Hot and some like it Cold, and some like it In Between..."- sorry had to edit that as it looked like I was saying something I really wasn't saying at all
biggrin.gif
or something like that.

I don't even think this is worth talking about really - then why am I posting - I have no idea
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, I'd like to look at it as we all agree to disagree and just be....

peace out

[This message has been edited by icelady (edited 12-13-2001).]

Here are more examples of what I think are very nice looking short hair
Rc61980.jpg

S260147.jpg

zE80545.jpg

Qa61537.jpg

gK55493.jpg

a893380.jpg

1u62847.jpg

PEACE
I love all these pics. He looks good like this, I just cannot stand the stubble look. That's all.

Candy- talk to me girl- I think most people are misunderstanding this as you asking everyone to choose what you like and start a fight. I think what you mean and what you are asking is: when does short hair become long and what do you consider to be short and long- Am I right?

I have to run or I'd post more but here is an example of what I consider to be the point when hair turns long.....
Mr86235.jpg

Barely ponytail making length.

I personally love the POP hair. And all the others styles he has had over the years too. But that's just me. Everyone has their preference and own taste. And it's understandable if some people don't like the shaved look or if some people don't like the long look. Everyone likes different things, right?

But I do agree with U2Kitten about what constitutes long hair and short hair. All the pics shown above are short hair (except the last one)- IMO.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 12-13-2001).]

*mauls Bono while ppl are measuring his hair*

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

:giggle:

Come one guys, you don't wanna aruge Bonohair. Admit it, you just want an excuse to post hot pics.
biggrin.gif

SD

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Short and black looks good,anything longer than short is really good too but some how I still can get used to how short it was in POP. I mean there is short and there is almost bald. Almost no hair for me was a bad look however I know some ppl liked it and I respect that. I don't want a war cos I slagged off the POP hair cos I know that's happened before.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*mauls Bono while ppl are measuring his hair*

If i had Bono alone in a room with a tape measure, yuou can believe I wouldn't be measuring his hair.

Hey now ... get your mind out of the gutter ....

I would finally get the answer to the question that we're all dying to know ....

His height!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
If i had Bono alone in a room with a tape measure, yuou can believe I wouldn't be measuring his hair.

Hey now ... get your mind out of the gutter ....

I would finally get the answer to the question that we're all dying to know ....

His height!
*cough cough cough* YES....of COURSE....
wink.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*cough cough cough* YES....of COURSE....
wink.gif

Ok ... maybe I would measure a few other things
eek.gif

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

[This message has been edited by JessicaAnn (edited 12-13-2001).]

seriously, I like Bono in EVERY hairstyle, except the scary BALD one and his hair now...it's just too dark or too...mullety or something. I just with he'd lop off even an inch or two.

But I liked the young mullet, LOVED it long, LOVED it very short, loved the in-between-matches-his-fringey-brown-jacket as well...

I just think the black dye job right now is looking a bit too harsh...

Hey! Everybody!!!! I just noticed something!!!!

Bono is pretty hot...nice, nice hot man. Hoooooot man....nice.....

(don't get me wrong, adam is still "my number one guy" but at least he is in veeerrry sexeeee company!)

Listen as Bono's hair, hope, and peace try to rhyme... I came in this thread thinking, it's okay, I'll respect other's opinions and articulately make my point. (*all* hair is good, Pop too.) I can't do it! I'm freaking out! I need to get out of this thread asap! I don't know why I care so much. *lol*

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

Disco we sure are opposites on this LOL! I was HOPING he'd grow his hair a couple more inches and keep it dyed black! It looks so good on him, with his face and his blue eyes, yummy! I think it's the purr-fect style and color for him. Bono and his hairdresser know exactly what they are doing and the product is beautiful!
icon35.gif

3W15396.jpg

Talk about harsh- I think that stubbly head and the scraggly chinwhiskers made him look harsh, also smelly, dirty and unattractive to me. Wow we sure have our own opinions but I prefer 'pretty' Bono. I love all his hairstyles except Pop and The Sweetest Thing video. (Looked like some geeky old science teacher- looks MUCH younger now!!)

Now let's bring back Mona and her jokes!
wink.gif

But as I said before, Candy's never meant this to be a hair debate about what we liked, only what people considered to be short and long and where do we draw the line.

Candy's room you are naughty why didn't you just come over to my black hair and leather thread? Like I said, black hair and black leather- these are a few of my favorite things! I love the kinda short black hair in the U2-ZOO-TV Sydney video, both the Fly and MacPhisto were so sexy! Anything longer is okay with me too.

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

icon23.gif

icon23.gif

icon23.gif

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 12-13-2001).]

Gurls (and boyz if there are any): Please don't get mad at me for what I am about to say, but as long as we are on the topic of Bono's hair...I am really surprised that NONE of you mention the fact that his current hair looks, well, kind of enhanced, by maybe some kind of a hairweave job. Especially take note of the Elevation concert picks, especially when he is sweaty. On one thread awhile back, I can't remember which one, there was a sweaty, hair flying out picture of Bono and it was really evident in that one. Also, about the black color...that is fine too, but when his gray roots show, especially at the sideburns (study some of the Elevation era photos here and in the black hair leather thread), he just seems like he's ashamed of growing older...Frankly, I think he should just let his baldness be as well as the gray. I know that quite of few of you out there are very young, but I am not and I think people should be proud of their age, and not try to cover it up. Don't be mad...I love Bono too, but I also realize that he is a 41 year old man.

Originally posted by Melpop:
I think Elevation/ZooTv hair is his best look... I think it looks really, really good on him! *sigh*

I agree with you 100%...I only wish I had your first hand experience!
wink.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Ballykissangel: I am well aware that Bono is 41 years old- NOT 81 YEARS OLD!! YEESH!! You act like he's so old, he's really not!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

hey hey HEY!!!! WATCH what you say about those who are 41!!!
mad.gif

But I agree with you Bally...the whole Bono hair thing has me mystified. If you watch the AB video closely, there are several shots of Bono, when he looks down, his hair is VERY THIN on top, I'm talking, you can totally see his scalp. I literally FREAKED out when I saw that. *rewind, watch - rewind, watch* My theory is, he shaved off his hair while using some type of hair growth thang, till enough was grown back to grow it out again....

Personally, I would love it if he really went 'au natural' just to see what it looks like...I'm sure he's got a lot of gray, but I'd still like to see it, just for grins.

Call me wacky!
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ballykissangel:
Gurls (and boyz if there are any): Please don't get mad at me for what I am about to say, but as long as we are on the topic of Bono's hair...I am really surprised that NONE of you mention the fact that his current hair looks, well, kind of enhanced, by maybe some kind of a hairweave job. Especially take note of the Elevation concert picks, especially when he is sweaty. On one thread awhile back, I can't remember which one, there was a sweaty, hair flying out picture of Bono and it was really evident in that one. Also, about the black color...that is fine too, but when his gray roots show, especially at the sideburns (study some of the Elevation era photos here and in the black hair leather thread), he just seems like he's ashamed of growing older...Frankly, I think he should just let his baldness be as well as the gray. I know that quite of few of you out there are very young, but I am not and I think people should be proud of their age, and not try to cover it up. Don't be mad...I love Bono too, but I also realize that he is a 41 year old man.

I'm with U2kitten to this one...

Hair just long enough to reach the back of his neck..maybe to his collar is nice and long enough. I'm don't subscribe to the sweaty, could-be-a-birds-nest long enough idea. I don't like the buzz cut. Elevation length is pretty damn perfect.

But it's his HAIR. WHy should anyone fight about it?

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Candy- talk to me girl- I think what you mean and what you are asking is: when does short hair become long and what do you consider to be short and long- Am I right?

).]

yepthats what i mean, thats the question ,im not askin what you prefer im askin whats what,whens short long and so on .

------------------
"dont let life discourage you, everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was"

Candy's Room- Thank you for clearing that up! That's what I thought and I was afraid most people would take it the other way. Now tell us what you think too!
wink.gif
Unfortunately, we now have a crusade to save Pop Bono, which tortures me so because I spend so much of my life crusading AGAINST him and just trying to ignore that nightmare LOL!
biggrin.gif

LMAO@ the 'give up admit you're old and go gray' bullshit- come on people how many celebrities, or regular people for that matter, are going to do that? I don't see many people on TV, movies or music who are going to allow this to happen. Okay so does anybody want to go to a rock concert and see the lead singer prancing around with gray hair? Give me a break! People start going gray as early as their 30's and people may live well into their 80's or longer. That's a long time to go looking and feeling old. There is nothing wrong with a person trying to keep up appearances as long as possible. Look at Joan Collins, Debbie Reynolds, Robert Redford, Mick Jagger and most other stars. Did they just give up at 40 and decide to admit to old age and not try to look like they did when they were young? Ballykissangel I don't know how old you are but I am willing to bet when the first gray hairs appear on your head you run for the nearest bottle of Loving Care. Keep dyeing your hair, Bono, the rest of the guys too.(Why is Bono the only one who gets knocked for this do you think Larry isn't guilty too? But so what!)

Oh dear! Some how I find this disturbing!

Long hair... short hair... Just the way people go on and on about it... really freaks me out!

Its just hair!!! *hides*

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom