Bono's Hair Dye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
How does Bono dye his hair anyway?

I mean..it appears that he dyes the hair on his head every day or something as I never see any gray.

Plus he changes color a lot and I thought that if you dye too often your hair will stop accepting it and it begins to be Howdy Doody color.

Also... the beard hair!?

Even if it is short he hides the gray. I have dyed my beard and it is tough to get the color to stay on the white hairs.... plus I can't picture dyeing the beard (especially when it is as short as he keeps it) without getting some color stains on the face?

I doubt he uses Just-for-men.

Also, when does he find the time to dye it every other day or whatever? Does he do it himself?

He obviously spends time on this so as a graying man (up top and on the beard) any thoughts appreciated!

It could be just a color rinse he uses and he probably could do it himself, but dont forget he has 3 women in the house who can do it for himself too.

im SURE that his mane of reddish black locks is completely natural..:(

partygirlvox said:
im SURE that his mane of reddish black locks is completely natural..:(

I'm sure only his hairdresser knows for sure. :wink:

one4u2 said:
If I had his money you better believe I'd do my hair everyday :wink:

Oh, Lord, the price of having someone else dye your hair ... :crazy:

You almost need to have his money to have it done for you on a regular basis ... :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks eveyone.

Would love to know how he dyes his beard and how he is able to dye his hair so often with it still accepting the color.

Carek1230 said:
OK so who is his hari dresser? Let's chase said hair dresser down and ask! :drool:

lets chase hair dresser down and ask for the lovely long locks
he or she cut off. :hyper:

redhill said:
Thanks eveyone.

Would love to know how he dyes his beard and how he is able to dye his hair so often with it still accepting the color.

Maybe it's not all HIS hair? I've seen several pictures (candid shots by fans) from the 2002 era where you can clearly see thinning and bald spots. In fact, I have several of my own. It's funny how Bono's hair seems to get thicker and fuller as the years go by...

If you watch the BBC programme (Newsnight from 15/5/06) you can clearly see several thin spots. It looks like he has deliberately done his parting on both sides though his hair line on his left temple does look alot higher than the right side!

B probably finds that having shorter hair means he has to dye it alot more frequently than when it was longer as the roots will show much quicker - I know I find that.

I just can`t see him bent over the sink with hair dye - just imagine the mess he would make :laugh:

Ali would be :rant:

nobody knows this for sure besides himself...
he started dyeing at age 22(his own marriage he had highlights) or so... proll y not good for his hair..
the beard is sometimes dyed, sometimes not.. same with Edge..
and btw, he doesn't have any gray hairs,.. as you can see in the Dr Of Laws pictures, mr Bono has WHITE :)D) hair!

I've been dying my hair for a decade (a fact which makes me feel really old, and if you're interested, it's been blonde, burgundy, red, black, red, burgundy, red, black, blonde, purple, pink, in that order :p), and it hasn't fallen out yet :wink:

And I should probably add, hair is dead stuff anyway, so in my opinion, dying can't really be all that bad. Sure, when done excessively (particualrly bleaching), it can make the hair dry and brittle. But when hair is kept relatively short, that doesn't become a problem, as you're frequently cutting off the old damaged hair and redying the new growth.

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:
I've been dying my hair for a decade (a fact which makes me feel really old, and if you're interested, it's been blonde, burgundy, red, black, red, burgundy, red, black, blonde, purple, pink, in that order :p), and it hasn't fallen out yet :wink:

And I should probably add, hair is dead stuff anyway, so in my opinion, dying can't really be all that bad. Sure, when done excessively (particualrly bleaching), it can make the hair dry and brittle. But when hair is kept relatively short, that doesn't become a problem, as you're frequently cutting off the old damaged hair and redying the new growth.

:ohmy: YOU HAVE PINK HAIR
picture.. now..
:wink:

:lol: It's not pink anymore! That washed out, now it's back to being mostly brown, but the ends in the front (where it's longer) are still blonde from the last time I had it blonde (the purple and the pink weren't permanent).

...think about this...on an episode of The Osbournes, Ozzy & Sharon were sitting having morning tea, both getting their roots done by their personal hairdressers....so...it's my guess as as a multibazillionaire, Bono has someone to look after his hair...and it wouldn't take more than 45 minutes to do the job, so he could eat brekkie, read the paper, play with the kids, whatever....

Galeongirl said:
nobody knows this for sure besides himself...
he started dyeing at age 22(his own marriage he had highlights) or so... proll y not good for his hair..
the beard is sometimes dyed, sometimes not.. same with Edge..
and btw, he doesn't have any gray hairs,.. as you can see in the Dr Of Laws pictures, mr Bono has WHITE :)D) hair!

Dr Of Laws?

what if Bono dyed his hair something like bleached blonde?:hmm: we Plebans would probably implode:lmao:

Dismantled said:
what if Bono dyed his hair something like bleached blonde?:hmm: we Plebans would probably implode:lmao:
bonoaliwedding.jpg

:reject:

Funny, I didn't see any thin spots during the newsnight special. Anyway, any product in hair does make hair look thin. This is evident prior to the Vertigo tour especcially

As someone who's been through the rainbow thrice when it comes to hair color (all done at home.. bleaching and all), it really doesn't damage (or much of anything besides color) the hair much at all.

As for Bono with pink hair or something, this should give a vague idea (and if anyone's wodering, yes, that is me in the picture).

When Bono did the Andrew Denton interview my eye kept being drawn to this tiny patch of white growing out on his right temple. :)

Back
Top Bottom