Bono's Dancing Girls VI - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Edge said:
Awesome story Nina! :cute: I looooooove your video, I think it's my fave actually. :)

But "glare" sounds a bit harsh, doesn't it? He wasn't glaring at you, he was staring at you, or drinking you in with his eyes or something...right? :wink:

You know you are absolutely right. Very well put Jess! I like it!

great story, nina- thanks for sharing! :up:

and thanks for your kind words, Mrs Edge. :hug: i love hearing everyone's stories!! :heart: plus, i'm a bit of a blue crack addict, and so end up posting all the time... :wink:

Great story!! All of you who get up onstage are so lucky. I do admit I'm green with envy :|

But GOOOO GIRLS!

K...my experience wasn't like most of yours...with dancing and flirting and all of that..and thank God..cus it's really not very my style..I would problably faint or do something stupid..LOL..:)

But I ended up on stage in Philly, October 16, during Streets. Something like this:

My last Vertigo show..last day in the USA as well. I was so sad...it was all feeling so bitersweet to me..you know? And it all started so wrong. We had GA's...what was good, but we stood outside waiting for the boys to arrive. They came too late, like 7PM, and they didn't even stop. Only Bono puts his head out of the window. The rest not a sign of them....even though their 4 cars got inside one after another! After that, we went to the GA line! Then my mates camera was blocked to get inside..so he had to go all the way back to put it on his car! Then...the three of us get inside...and none of us has the right to the elipse...so we get inside the venue..and I see like hundreds of people after the catwalk..and I just think...'HOW nice. My last show...and I won't be able to see a thing. But I found out that my fan friends from zootopia were on the fence..and they had the 'Zootopians United Against Poverty' banner (a banner that was born in Belgium, by a fan, and as been travelling around the world with fans to raise awareness for The One Campaign, the AWF and DATA) and I wanted to be with them. So I tried to get trough the crowd to
get to them. It wasn't easy..but somehow..I managed to reach tme before City started!

SO during the gig there we are...4 fans together. During Streets..Bono came around the catwalk...looked at the banner...smiled a lot the whole song...and stayed there the whole song. Then he looked at me briefly...went to Adam and whispered something to him..and when he turns back..he looks at me and doesn't look at anything else. I swear ..at some point..I felt totally naked..like if he was looking me right trough and seing me inside out..you know? I just thought 'I am in BIG
troubles!' And I was right. A few seconds later..he points at me and asks me to go on stage...! I am so in shock I can't believe..and I ask ME? He just nods his head and assures it's ME he want's on stage!! So all I know..is that I find myself climbing the fence...security guy helping me get on stage...and I jump in. Then I look back, and Bono is getting the banner from the audience, from my mate Sharon. He hands me one part of it..and holds on the oposite side of it..and we show the banner to the audience!!! Like..for 10 seconds..not more. He had the most amazing smile on his face. Then..he looks at me....smilling like a little child..and he comes to me, while we end up hugging each other on stage...a real big hug. It felt so amazing I have no
words to describe!!!

Then...I whispered on his ear 'Hope you liked the book mate' (a book I wrote and I was lucky enough to personally give him in NY and tell him about it!)..but I can tell he did not ear. He just keeps looking at me and smilling..and finally I am directed back to the crowd.

It was beyond anything I could ever imagine, dream or wish for myself. I had to share this with you. I am still up there...and have no idea of how I can come back.

onstage2.jpg

WOW I can't believe this thread!! Where was this thread 4 years ago? Alli, how insane is it that you have been on stage twice! All of you Vertigo Dancing Girls are so lucky to have this many photos/videos of your experience!

I know that this thread is supposed to be for the Vertigo Tour, but I was fortunate enough to be pulled up during "Bad" at my first concert in Houston, on the Elevation Tour. I wouldn't have any photos of the event if it wasn't for a kind fan who offered to send me the few that I do have. The funny thing is that I was holding a camera in my hand the whole time, but never thought to use it!

I must say that I can't relate with many of the experiences posted in this thread in that I was completely entranced and entirely incapable of processing what was happening! It was total emotional overload to be dancing with Bono during "Bad" at my very first show. This one photo will give you an idea of how entranced I was:

47b5cf20b3127cce9556995d330800000015108AZNnDRm4ct4

If anyone knows of additional pictures/videos from Houston 04-02-01 I'd be appreciative (it's a long shot, I know).

Congratulations to all of you!

Achtung Bebe, i totally remember reading about you getting onstage 4 years ago... that was back when i was just a lurker! ;) congratulations on such a cool experience!! you definitely look a bit shell-shocked- but who wouldn't be?!? :drool: i hope you find more pictures... :up:

(oh, and btw, Alli's been onstage 3 times! :wink: )

my_kite, i was at that philly show! but i was inside the ellipse, 3rd row in front of bono... so i was watching edge during the end of 'streets' when bono and adam were out on the ellipse. however, i did turn around just as you were getting down from the stage, and i remember thinking "did bono just have a girl onstage during 'streets'?!?" i was so confused! but having heard your story, it all makes sense. congratulations on a very cool, once-in-a-lifetime experience!! :hyper:

Last edited:
OH wow!

Bebe...I remember you from Houston in 2001! We all used to chat together here on Interference...way back in the day. Do you remember sparkygirl or me (back when I was shecatu2)??? All us crazy Texan fans.

Anyway...I agree. Where was this thread way back then?

I'll tell you girls something. I am SOOO jealous of each and every one of you that gets up there on that stage! That goes without saying! I've been waiting for my turn since Zoo TV! I've brought signs and flags, but I've never been the lucky girl picked.

Of course, it's hard to get noticed when you are only 5'2''!!! Looks like I need to get some platform boots or something!

But I can dream. And Charlotte in December is my last chance. I have a new daughter at home, so I think my days of traveling all over the country to see U2 are coming to an end. *sigh* Unless my fiance agrees to let me jetset off on my own every four or five years!

Each and every one of you girls rocks! Congratulations on getting up there and having your moment!

I'm still jealous though...hee hee!

-Christine

*Ally* said:
(oh, and btw, Alli's been onstage 3 times! )

:ohmy:

*Ally*: It looks like you're far from a lurker now with your 2000+ posts--you've come a long way :D

sparkygirl/shecatu2/kilikina, yes I do remember you!! How have you been? That's quite an entourage of names you have there haha... well congratulations on your new daughter at home. Oh and I don't think that your being 5'2" is necessarily a drawback... if anything you'll look just right up there on stage with our own vertically challenged Bono!

Good to see you back on Interference Achtung_Bebe! I should change that line on the opening post, I think we would all like to hear *any* dancing stories. This thread just happens to act like more of a 'dancing girl watch' for the current tour - but all stories welcome! :)

Great write-up Nina, and thanks for sharing your story my_kite! :cute:

OMG thank you sooo much!!!!

Harlequinn said:
Great stories everyone!

Here are a couple pictures my friend took of Nina from inside the ellipse.

3453%3B75923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A73%3D92%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A%3B664%3B%3A9ot1lsi

3453%3B75923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A73%3D92%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3A%3B664%3B%3B2ot1lsi

Congrads again, Nina :happy:

These are amazing thank you sooo much Harlequinn!!!!

my_kite said:

my_kite are you the same person who got a picture with Bono at the airport and also went on that MTV thing? Or am I thinking of someone else? :huh:

Anyways, all you girls are so so so so lucky to be getting up there! I hope more of you get onstage! :hug:

WOW..you do have a good memory. YEAP..that 's me..how are you? :)

I could never thhink.,...someone would remember those old stories..one from january..other one from ...April 2004...WOW:)

There was a girl onstage for WOWY the first night as well. We saw her in the GA line on day 2, and I believe she was sharing 'her version' of the story. Someone said that she wanted to dance and Bono just kept holding onto her. But WOWY isn't a dancing song... :confused:

And the girl on night 2 was only up for about a minute or two, on the outer ellipse. And he came back around the ellipse to sing part of it to our right side (if we were in front facing the stage). I :love: that song, as you know Miri. It was a beautiful night :happy:

Nina - great story - I went looking through my Chicago pictures and found this one of you and Bono (sorry for the poor quality)

512wowy.jpg

Canadninan & AlliDreamoutloud!!! Awesome stories and pics!
:cool: Way to go!!! whoohoo!!! So happy for you both! Thx for sharing your stories!!!

I just have to say again that it's ever amazing & inspiring that Bono is so loving, generous and giving to fans & in bringing them up on stage... Making each and every experience so special! :heart:

Alot of people and men could learn alot from him, in how he treats fans and women!!! He never ceases to amaze me and I just love hearing the stories.
*be still my beating heart* :drool: one day...one day hopefully me too..... :sigh:

orbs

Wow, look at all the orbs in that picture! I've seen them in other concert phots, but they really stand out here.

WHAT???????? Holy Crap! Alli on stage last night???????????????????????????????????????????????

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!

I can't believe I missed seeing it!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

Does anyone have details???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom