Bono's Dancing Girls V - Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have some pretty resourceful ladies in here that will sooner or later unearth pictures. But since she's no Pleban, she doesnt get to have her picture at the top of the page... hmmpf!!!

:wink:

Re: How does one become a Pleban?? lol

Canadninan said:

BTW how does one become a Pleban??

Well, in looking at your posting history, I'd say you are a Junior Pleban on your way to full membership!

Congrats! :hug:

Here are 2 more of Harelquin that I took -- they're a bit dark. . .

Feb-Jun2005117.jpg

Feb-Jun2005116.jpg

Last edited:
Those pictures kill me and I was there! :drool: :drool:

I look at certain pics and I go "I was that close?" :drool: "look t where my hands are" (all in decent places I assure you)...

It is extremely surreal!

And thanks! :D

I think it was after One, when the band was all on stage saying "goodbye" Adam took a step toward me and mouther "I'm a little mad too" and we both giggled!

Miroslava, that is sooo cute!!! I've had a giggle encounter with Adam myself and it makes me beam hearing about this side of him! "I'm a little mad too" soo funny!! :giggle:

I think this quote by Bono should be the theme quote of this thread:

"I danced every night under a mirror ball with a young lady from the Zoo TV crowd.
Every night during 'Love Is Blindness'.
They were amazing. I love it so much.
Some nights I fell in love.
I never really spoke to these people, but that's okay."

:heart::love::heart:

Regardless if he asked you your name, he felt it too. This has been one of my favorite quotes by him, the sentiment is so beautiful.

Thanks for the quote Olive! Everytime I encounter it I sigh a little! The quote has been added to the top :wink:

And I don't know what bug bit Adam this tour, but I think I love it!!! He's just... :drool: :drool:

Adam giggles! :love:

zooholland said:

LOL the three kisses is actually typically dutch (not so much european I mean) i think. Its often very confusing, you can evn see that at some dutch talkshows if they got a non dutch star and try to welcome them with the three kisses....the first 2 always aren't the problem but the third...

OK just realized this comment is totally not adding anything interesting to this thread ..:huh:

to continue the non-adding here, it's not only typically dutch, here in Belgium it's done the same way. 1 or 3 kisses, but usually 3 for someone you haven't seen in a long time.

and when I saw Kelly's original post, it completely cracked me up, thinking Knappevent (Handsomeguy) could only be a dutchy LOL

what is impressive is that I managed to think he was handsome 30 minutes after having danced with Bono... so you know he was cute! :wink:

Off to go stare at pictures some more... I think I'm gonna get fired soon :drool:

Oh, just remembered something cute from yesterday...

My mom is so cute. She saw the video and asked:

"so have you seen pictures of him wearing any shades that are darker than his usual shades?"

"no, why?"

"just in case he needed to cover up any black eyes given to him by his wife"

"moooooooooooom! I was nothing but nice! You should see some of the girls"

*mom laughs evily*

Hmppf! :ohmy: :wink:

Miroslava said:
Oh, just remembered something cute from yesterday...

My mom is so cute. She saw the video and asked:

"so have you seen pictures of him wearing any shades that are darker than his usual shades?"

"no, why?"

"just in case he needed to cover up any black eyes given to him by his wife"

"moooooooooooom! I was nothing but nice! You should see some of the girls"

*mom laughs evily*

Hmppf! :ohmy: :wink:

:cute: mom

or should that be :macdevil: mom LOL

He could always dig up the flyshades,yum.

Miro, do you think his family is still in the States for this part of the tour? Have you seen anyone of the kids or Ali?
Maybe they resumed school again (in the regular way)

Miroslava said:
Those pictures kill me and I was there! :drool: :drool:

I look at certain pics and I go "I was that close?" :drool: "look t where my hands are" (all in decent places I assure you)...

It is extremely surreal!

And thanks! :D

And yes....you were that close :drool:. That's why Ruff and I thought you and Bono were kissing :hyper:

Miroslava, all of these pics are just gorgeous. really, i couldn't be happier for you :heart:

My mom rocks! :cute: My dad on the other hand got the evil skank eye yesterday. He told me for the second time in as many days that I should start settling down and ground myself :blahblah:

Why should I? I have a job, own my home and a graduate degree. The man just wants grandbabies I think! :mad:

Anyway, no I have not seen any of the family, but I am not one to look for them. I was staying at the same hotel they were in Chicago, but made myself very scarce as it was more of a coincidence than anything and didn't want to seem like a stalker :ohmy:

And how I laughed when the first question you and Ruffian asked "were you two kissing?"

This was my face :ohmy: "nooooooooooooooooooo"

:cute:

Thanks to everyone :cute: :hug:

Oh, and 2 blondes since my tenure... seems like it's been a pretty equal opportunity tour! :hyper:

That's funny that you should mention the parents...my mom has been hearing about U2 for 18 years...I used to talk about them so much in my teens that I was reduced to 5 minutes a day where I had free reign to talk about them, and had to shut up the rest of the time! :lmao:

Anyway, my mom was in total orbit about all this. She is 74 years old, and hates rock music, but you'd never know it. You should have heard her screaming and squealing like a school girl when I phoned her after the event. She has all the pics and videos which she shows everyone, and I even sent her the bootleg recordings.

My mom actually listened to WOWY and Bad in their entirety :shocked: and she said that it was so clear hearing him ask for me that it was "mind blowing!!!!" :D

Meanwhile my totally blase and clued out dad merely said "Oh, well she must be pleased." :huh:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Detroit's going to be a brunette kind of town, I can feel it!

Well, it may be a 1 and 1. One for you and one for Bonosloveslave... :wink:

Or, one for Bonoloveslave and one for you and I. We can conquer and divide. You go for Larry, I go for Bono. :shifty:

And seriously, fathers! :tsk: My mom totally enjoys my crazyness, always has and always will! That's great about your Mom Jess! :cute:

And well, in my dad's defense, who is a great dad otherwise, I think he's just a little freaked out that Bono is only 8 years younger than him and i'm up there drooling :wink:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Thanks for the quote Olive! Everytime I encounter it I sigh a little! The quote has been added to the top :wink:

And I don't know what bug bit Adam this tour, but I think I love it!!! He's just... :drool: :drool:

Adam giggles! :love:

:wink: :love:

Olive!! I just saw that you put my pics on your site! Thank you! :hug:

I loved the quote you put up btw....he really does have such a romantic soul. :cute: :heart:

let.it.be said:
hey Adelabella...what you think of the pics ? lol - ive been hunting for pics all this time - im really glad with what ive found :).
this was my first U2 show too! and holy crap was it amazing! lol. me and my brother lined up by 9ish - wouldve come early i suppose if we hadn't gotten caught up in traffic.
u know, bono had originally reached out to hold my hand during one of the songs (cant remember which), and then once WOWY came on, came back again and scanned me out from the crowd and grabbed me up on stage. so i guess he already had it in his head to come and get me up ...*sighhhhh*
you know what - i did an interview for interference.com about the experience - and ive just heard that it'll be up on the first week of october - make sure u check it out!
i mention about your blonde posse around me hehe.................and this one chick that was acting like complete bitch :grumpy:
(no it wasnt one of you - u guys were cool lol )

Yeah we were in the Elipse and the blonde girl next to you was PISSED! i don't inderstand why ppl can't be happy for you. You were the sweetest thing on stage! Great job!!

Love and peace.

That's awesome Olive! I found a much better picture for the top of the thread to use for Jess. (by the way if anyone wants another picture in place of the one I have selected, let me know. I just picked my favorites for each girl).

And :tsk: to that girl being pissed about let.it.be going up. So long as no one jumps in front of you to block your moment (as it has happened to some), no one has a right to be pissed. It is a privilege to chosen and it is not something we're entitled to with the purchase of a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom