Bono's Dancing Girls IV-Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an awsome story - you look amazing btw.

It was so nice of Bono to keep looking for you - I bet you were happy enough after he sang the first verse of Bad to you - great - I love that song

Well done

Lisa

Thanks for that link...I am so glad i am working from home because the tearyness reading Mrs Edge's story would have been hard to explain! That is so amazing, and you looked fabulous. I think I would have passed out if he looked in my eyes for that long! Way to make your dream come true!!:bow:

Jess, I am SO incredibly happy for you!! You looked beautiful and so natural up there...I can see why Bono went out of his way to find you :hug: :applaud:

JESS!!! Oh my GOD this at SO AWESOME!!! I literally have the chills from all this!!

I can't think of anyone else who deserves this more!! You came so close that time in Montreal too!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud: :dancing: :D

BAHHH I just recounted it to my friends here at work, I'm just so thrilled for you Jess. Keep posting all the pics (I'll host the big ones for you if you need a place for them). FANTASTIC story!! :heart:

Thats so great Jess!
I can totally relate to some of the stuff you said. I dont even remember Bono singing or moaning in my ear when I danced with him but heard it later on the video. I mean HOW could I not hear that? :scratch:
I felt the heart sinking feeling as well, because everybody around me thought he was going to pick me and he passed me by during MW looking for me and totally didnt see me right in front of his face :laugh:
But then he came back and the rest is history :yes:
Im so glad you got this. Its the best year ever right? We can be in the "danced with bono and met our husbands this year" club :wink:

oh you look so beautiful!

Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you!!

The look in your face is great!!!
It's wonderful to see what a gentleman Bono is!!!

kellyahern said:
Wow, that brought tears to my eyes :sad:. But they are happy tears! :hug:

That's such a beautiful story :heart:.

Seriously, I'm tearing up at my desk at work. Congratulations again :hug:.

My sentiments exactly! :hug:

dance7.gif

by the way - did you mention what your sign said?

WOW!!! :D That's really awesome. :)

Sure, a lot of gals have danced with Bono...but how many have done authentic belly-dancing for Bono, huh? :wink:

Mrs. Edge said:

Then suddenly....a miracle. It is actually making me wonder a bit about my faith in God!! I am not even sure exactly how it happened, ie if the band went back on the main stage first, or if they started the song from the tip, but they began Bad, my OTHER all time favourite. It was kind of odd, it seemed like it was thrown on at the last minute, but I wasn't complaining. Maybe this was my 2nd chance?

Suddenly Bono was walking in front of me. Then he crouched down in front of me and said something like "We didn't play your tune tonight, I hope you don't mind...." I said something like "I'll dance to ANYTHING!!!"

Then Bono began to sing Bad to ME. He sang the entire first verse while looking into my eyes, and caressing my fingers in his. He even opened his mouth in that way he does when he's about to bite your hand, but didn't. Apparently the whole hand holding thing was right up on the big screens. I missed this because I was rather preoccupied. ;)

He then got up and walked along, singing the next part of the song. I was on cloud nine. I couldn't believe he had done that for me. But then something even MORE miraculous. He came BACK!!!!

:faint:

I think he said something like "where's my bellydancer" again, and then he reached out his hand and suddenly the security guards were hoisting me through the air. It was kind of a messy landing on the stge, but I dusted myself off and Bono was grinning from ear to ear, his eyes locked on mine. (Honestly, they were. They never left mine, I'm not making this up to be dramatic!)

:heart: Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. You believed it and you deserved it. :heart:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about DIED reading about it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: congrats :heart:

It finally happened and you deserved it! :dance:

WOW! WOW! WOW!

:applaud:

Awesome!
Great!
BOOMCHA!!
Etc, etc....

After this, I'm predicting the return of MW to the setlist.
They just have to play it tomorrow!
Common Bono, you know you want to dance again.

:dancing: I'm so happy for you! I love it when things like that happen to pleba girls! :happy: You were very brave to put on your dress ( I mean belly dancer or not I would never have the courage to do that!) and you looked amazing! you really pulled it of :hyper:

That was a great story Jess. Glad to hear you finally made it on stage after 18 years of being a faithful fan. :applaud: :)

I just watched a video from Cardiff of the "chosen one"

And I'm just curious as to have you actually get up there!

I know it takes a degree of luck, but say you have the luck and bono picks you....how do you climb up there.

I'm a stumpy little short arse and probably wouldnt be able to get onto to the stage!

Somehow I dont think a security guard would be able to lift me....which i know sounds stupid 'cos im not like really badly overweight....i just wouldnt fancy the embarassment!

So....my question :lol:...

Are the security as strong as they make out to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom