Bono's Dancing Girls IV-Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Madrid story for you, as you may know I took my daughter who is only 8 years old. I went to queue at 7.40am but left at 10am just before the non existent queues collapsed.
So we went back around 4.30 to wait for the band who arrived at 7pm with a police escourt and helicopter overhead:huh: but they drove straight in!!
When we finally fought our way through the chaos and got in we ended up in a good spot on Edges side of the stage.
My daughter had her Croke Park tshirt on and a stetson with U2 badges on and a Make Poverty History headband on the front. She was so excited when they came on and was singing and dancing, she also had my U2 HULL GIRLS flag waving around and everyone who came out of the vip area near the stage was watching her.
At one point she couldnt see and she sat on the floor to watch the video screens and a security man came up to my husband with a blond girl with all passes hung around her neck.
Next thing I know Olivia is being taken backstage to go up with Bono!! They wanted her to walk on the stage and give Bono a kiss but the song went on for too long and he was talking to much so there wasnt time. She waved at Edge and he smiled at her so she wasnt too upset.
I think the security team were more disapointed than she was as she was just in awe of everything around her but she did end up with a great view!!

Big thanks to all the Spanish fans who were fussing over my daughter and were really kind to her, she caused quite a stir!!:wink:

starsgoblue said:

:sad:

*kisses chances goodbye*

:laugh:

As much as I want to get up there and shake my thang, I would much rather see a fellow PLEBAn up there than anyone else. :up:

Awwwww, don't say that - my chances are as dismal as anyone else's :sigh: The ultimate goal is for any true PLEBAn to be up there! :yes:

bonosloveslave said:

Awwwww, don't say that - my chances are as dismal as anyone else's :sigh: The ultimate goal is for any true PLEBAn to be up there! :yes:

I agree:up:

Margarida was the chosen one in Lisbon.

79412632.jpg

6830783.jpg

(Pictures from Rui Granjeira)

We all have seen her before because she has met the band in April 2004 when U2 were in Lisbon for a photo session.

6bfc6ec9.jpg

Congratulations Margarida. You have proved that dreams can come true if you believe them.:applaud:

LostAtMoon said:
Margarida was the chosen one in Lisbon.

79412632.jpg

6830783.jpg

(Pictures from Rui Granjeira)

We all have seen her before because she has met the band in April 2004 when U2 were in Lisbon for a photo session.

6bfc6ec9.jpg

Congratulations Margarida. You have proved that dreams can come true if you believe them.:applaud:

Wow, I didn't know that was the same person! :up:

:crazy: egads
Im all giddy feeling again which is ridiculous. Theres no way Im getting picked again.
But I always dreamed of being the WOWY girl....which is why I was largely unprepared during M.W. I always made up scenarios in my head for a different song :lol:

I will be happy to get my arse up there on any song!!! I just want to be that lucky gal that Bono sings too:wink:

starsgoblue said:

Lemme have a dance round the ol' ellipse before you have another! :madspit:

:wink:

Like me getting a dance will EVER happen....:rolleyes:

Have a little faith Starsgoblue!!!! It will happen for us...*getting on knees to pray*:wink:

Heres the deal rebekah :wink:
If he picks you, you whisper in his ear that I wanted to thank him for the dance in Denver.
If for some reason he picks me (highly unlikely for a repeat go around) I will insist that you get up there too and we have a threesome :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom