Bono's Dancing Girls IV-Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
diamond said:

birds may flock together regardless of their
race,
creed
or
orientaion..
..but..

it's
the
oneness
that 's
contagious
in a
u2
congregation.

comprende'?
:)

db9
elev_110901_stage.jpg

SEE:up:

It was awesome,

Jess went from " I'm screwed" to " I'm super screwed" To "OMFGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

in a span of about 20 minutes

Jess it's never over, till the canadian guy plays guitar.

"Oh there you are...you look so pretty"

:faint:

OMG!!! I'm listening to an mp3 of the show and now I'm getting teary eyed, hearing Bono speak directly to Jess after he found her again! :heart:

guys....i honestly think i'm gonna have a panic attack when i think about going again. and looking at these pictures is making my stomach flutter like it's no ones business.

That was an amazing story!!! I just had the biggest smile reading it. I'm so happy that Bono finally found you and you got your dance. Especially during Bad, my all time favorite U2 song. :applaud:

I loved the smile on your face, you look beautiful up there.

Hi you guys! :wave: I was in GA all day yesterday and the computer here is kind of wonky. I just wanted to tell you that last night I got in the front row betw. Edge and Bono. I held up a sign that said:

THANK YOU BONO!
:heart:
Your Toronto Belly Dancer

He saw me and blew me a kiss. :combust: Then at the end of the song he looked at me and bowed. :faint:

I am still floating around on a cloud. I wonder if I am EVER going to come down????

I am probably going to be offline for the next few days as I have to go and get my fiancee visa in Montreal and move my stuff to MD, but I will be posting a TON of good pictures when I get back, that is if you aren't all sick of it by then. I promise to post pics where Bono looks good/is smiling etc.

Thank you all for making this experience that much more special for me.

:hug: :heart:

Hi Jess! Thanks for your e-mail! I haven't had time to read the whole thing yet but I'm absolutely both green with envy and beside myself with joy that you've finally been able to realise your dream to belly dance for Bono!:hyper: I've downloaded a couple of the photos off this thread and you looked great and Bono seemed very impressed! :sexywink: As well he should! I'll write to you soon!:kiss:

Helen:wave:

Last edited:
pax said:
WOW!!! :D That's really awesome. :)

Sure, a lot of gals have danced with Bono...but how many have done authentic belly-dancing for Bono, huh? :wink:

one per tour since the zootv days actually.... i was lucky enough to bellydance during popmart in tampa november 10th 1997, and a lovely girl named stephanie in chicago on the first leg of elevation 2001....but that doesn't make it ANY less special!!

CONGRATS MRS. EDGE!!! oh, and in my experince, you won't really ever be coming down off the high, it's 8 years later for me and i still watch my vid and look at my pix in awe!!! so believe me i know how you feel. now the only question is will you be at the DC shows since you're moving to MD??? i'm from DC(live in LA now) and am going home for the shows..it would be awesome to meet you there!!!

on a side note it's ironic for me to see that you danced for U2 that night and normally dance for a tribute band, because that same night i danced for the first time for a local tribute band in LA called The Joshua Tree and someone had posted on the Gatherings board asking if mrs. edge was going to be the bellydancer for them!!! i was recently enlisted to bellydance for JT because they knew i has already done it for the real thing!!! hehe, itsn't it ironic don't ya think....

anyway, CONGRATS again...you looked AWESOME!!:dance:

melissa

hey popbellydancer, Im going to be at the DC shows. GA for one of them. Maybe I'll see you in line :yes:
This is awful, you actually gave me hope that I can get back up again...or at least get a little attention from him if we're on the rail :rolleyes:

u2bonogirl said:
hey popbellydancer, Im going to be at the DC shows. GA for one of them. Maybe I'll see you in line :yes:
This is awful, you actually gave me hope that I can get back up again...or at least get a little attention from him if we're on the rail :rolleyes:

?? why did i give u hope to get up again??? me no understand?

lol...

I never really had hope that I could get up there again. I thought my luck was too....lucky to get up there on my first show ever and that there was no chance that he would pick me again.
Ive got a few GA shows left so theres always a chance but Im not counting on it :shrug:
Now that I hear that people have gotten up more than once it makes me think that either bono sort of recognizes them or just naturally gravitates to them again.
Whatever the reason is, it would be really cool to even get eye contact with him :drool: :combust:

popbellydancer said:

on a side note it's ironic for me to see that you danced for U2 that night and normally dance for a tribute band, because that same night i danced for the first time for a local tribute band in LA called The Joshua Tree and someone had posted on the Gatherings board asking if mrs. edge was going to be the bellydancer for them!!! i was recently enlisted to bellydance for JT because they knew i has already done it for the real thing!!! hehe, itsn't it ironic don't ya think....

Its even more ironic when you consider that while I was watching you dance at the fair Wednesday night, I was explaing to Mr. BAW's nephew that one of my best friends (Mrs. Edge) was also a bellydancer for a tribute band, giving him the whole Zoo TV belly dancer history etc., while at that very moment, Mrs. Edge was on stage with Bono! We still can't bring ourselves to erase the messages she left, she sounded so excited! :D

You did an awesome job btw, Melissa! :applaud: You had quite an effect on the men (and quite a few women) in the audience! :sexywink:

while i'm thinking of it, i'd just like to make an observation here....mrs. edge and ALLthe dancing girls are VERY lucky that everyone on this board is so nice and supportive. when i danced i was 17-years-old and got flamed all over Wire because felmales can be very jealous and catty, especially apparently if they were Wirelings. which i didn't understand then, i was so upset because i was young and had never been on a message board before, and really took it to heart, the things people said. it very nearly ruined the entire experience for me of fullfilling my dream of being the first fan to bellydance for U2 after Morleigh/Christina and the zooTV days.

so, i guess what i'm trying to say is a big thumbs up to every mature female on this message board for being happy for your fellow U2 sisters and for really truly carrying each other ...

melissa:up: :angel: :applaud:

u2bonogirl said:
I never really had hope that I could get up there again. I thought my luck was too....lucky to get up there on my first show ever and that there was no chance that he would pick me again.
Ive got a few GA shows left so theres always a chance but Im not counting on it :shrug:
Now that I hear that people have gotten up more than once it makes me think that either bono sort of recognizes them or just naturally gravitates to them again.
Whatever the reason is, it would be really cool to even get eye contact with him :drool: :combust:

i don't think i said i'd been onstage multiple times in my post, but maybe you've read other posts by me in the past? earlier this year some very nice pleban girls asked me to post/tell my stories, and i declined saying that i didn't wish to go through what i went through before, being the object of hate and flames. it's no fun let me tell you.

that said, i will tell you that for whatever miraculous reason i bellydanced in 1997 and was pulled up 3 times on elevation...i think my good karma has run out tho, as i've been to 11 shows on this tour, and only got bono love once...lol! might also have somthing to do w/not being on rail cuz of lottery tho....

anyway, i can't begin to tell you why or how it happens to some a lot and not at all to others. for myself i've just been very grateful and tearful and in shock each time....and i would NEVER begrudge anyone their chance at a dream come true!! i actually started to feel guilty on elevation and to think that if my U2 sisters didn't hate me before they damn well weren't gonna like me after my getting onstage so many times! to my knowledge there is a handful of lucky ones that have been up a few times.
..literally...a handful. but if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone... so u2bonogirl, my best to you and maybe i'll see ya onstage in DC!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Popbellydancer - I would love to hear your stories! Even though I'm sure people might get passing twinges of jealousy, on this board I think we are all genuinely happy when it is another Interferencer that gets to go up. Us moderators try to keep things polite and upbeat, no flaming allowed :)

popbellydancer said:

one per tour since the zootv days actually.... i was lucky enough to bellydance during popmart in tampa november 10th 1997, and a lovely girl named stephanie in chicago on the first leg of elevation 2001....but that doesn't make it ANY less special!!

CONGRATS MRS. EDGE!!! ....

anyway, CONGRATS again...you looked AWESOME!!:dance:

melissa

i know melissa:wink:

Lila64 said:
...but what did your first sign say? The night you got on stage...
"Bellydancer for hire
One night only
Costume included"

This is why Jess was in charge of making the wedding favors. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom