Bono's current look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"bono you don't have to try so hard baby" :applaud:

As I said in this thread last week, Bono has ALWAYS looked fine to me because I see Bono with my Heart more than my eyes. :wink:

Of course I am as attracted to him as any one of us by his charming and endearing personality and his chiseled good looks, but Bono is MOST ALLURING to me because of his kind and loving Heart and his willingness to throw his arms around the world in his words and actions. :angel:

No matter what color his hair is, what color clothes/shades he is currently wearing, etc - I think that BONO LOOKS GREAT!

If we really care about him as much as we say we all do, then we should be more willing to just ALLOW BONO TO BE BONO and accept him the way he wants to be. :hug:

I think the B-man is long past feeling that he has to act in a certain way or look a certain way in order to be accepted by others. I think Bono has reached the point in his life that HE WILL BE HIMSELF no matter what others think.

Bono doesn't have to try at all to be Loved and Respected - he already is.

IT'S MY JOB TO BE MYSELF....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

RocknRollKitty said:

This does happen, but that time comes more like at 70 or 80 than 44! He's too damn young to look old. And yes I think Adam looks terribly old and should dye his hair blond.

I remember rumors flying around the Elevation tour that said Bono uses hair implants. I wouldn't like to see him become the butt of jokes as "trying to look young at any cost".

I think Adam's look on the last pictures - grey hair and no glasses - is definitely interesting. I don't mind, just like I don't mind Edge's hints of gray (on those hat-less pics) or even Larry's.

I think the guys do look great just the way they r. Once they r able to get up in the morning and have strength to do what they have to throughout the day.......nothing else matters. I love them just the way they r....... all NATURAL :wink: :wink: :wink: They know they please us in any way ...every way, and we should be able to give our support in any choices that they wish to make about their looks.

U2girl said:

I remember rumors flying around the Elevation tour that said Bono uses hair implants. I wouldn't like to see him become the butt of jokes as "trying to look young at any cost".

Or, they could look old and get joked on for being old farts up on a stage! Either way they lose. So might as well stay cool.

rock star = on the stage

distinguished older man = in the bank office

rock on :dance:

I'm with Jamilla on this one....What is most attractive to me about Bono is his heart! I think he looks good no matter what because he is Bono. And he has such a sense of compassion for those who are marginalized and in need! Sigh, :love:

Leeloo said:

Or, they could look old and get joked on for being old farts up on a stage! Either way they lose. So might as well stay cool.

rock star = on the stage

distinguished older man = in the bank office

rock on :dance:

Um, at 44 they're a bit young to be called old farts.

I don't recall any derogatory comments on Edge's MIA hair, or Adam's/Larry's natural look, I do recall of several occasions where derogatory comments were made on Bono's hair, particularly on and since the last tour.

Michael Stipe doesn't seem to be any less of a songwriter/singer because he's bald.

Last edited:
madonna's child said:

:eek: :combust:
I wasn't prepared for that sudden Bono chest. Nice.

Adam looks super hot with the white hair and no glasses. I can't wait until promos start up and we see more of Adam again.

I was there at the studios the day this photo was taken and take it from me it was very hard not to keep staring down his shirt!!!

When I worked with them in 2002, they all looked great, but Bono does look a bit older in person. I like him looking a bit rough though... It suits him. I have to say I don't like the red hair though. reminds me of when McCartney dyed his hair red. Not the best look for a guy over 40...

brachanam9 said:
When I worked with them in 2002, they all looked great, but Bono does look a bit older in person. I like him looking a bit rough though... It suits him. I have to say I don't like the red hair though. reminds me of when McCartney dyed his hair red. Not the best look for a guy over 40...

When you worked with them? Do tell.

Bono will look even better than he does right now once the new Tour starts. That's my theory. :tongue: You just wait!:wink:

I have no idea how I've ended up here... but I have to say give the man a break! He's still very cool and looks much more natural now than he has over the last few years.. He is has all his Bononess intact which is the most important thing!

Here's me and he a few months ago..

gottagogottagogottago...

33%3B7%3A49923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B57%3D435%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C%3A%3C2%3A452ot1lsi

33%3B7%3A49923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B57%3D435%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C%3A%3C2%3A44%3Aot1lsi

By the way those pics were taken by a nice fellow fan and not by me. I have cropped out the others that I was with, to protect their privacy.

I'm a boy so I guess I should get outta here now :)

youtwohearts said:

When you worked with them? Do tell.

I am a member of The Recording Academy (aka: National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, aka: The Grammys). I was invited to U2's closed Grammy rehearsal in 2002. It was an incredible experience. I have worked in the music industry for a long time, with a ton of bands, but THIS was special. It was a closed rehearsal, so the producers only allowed a few people there. I was the only one standing in front of the stage, so Bono "serenaded" me with Walk On (several times). Hey, he had to have someone to sing to besides the camera guys and the techs! Needless to say, I was a puddle, and am not ashamed to admit it. The guys were fantastic, and I was there for the duration (about 3 hours), so I got to talk and hang out with them. I was really impressed by how nice all of them were. Adam was a bit out there, but I pretty much expected that. The Edge was HILARIOUS, super funny and joking around. Larry was sweet, softspoken and nice. And Bono... Well. mere words can't even express... He was wonderful. He even went and got me a bottled water when I mentioned being thirsty. We talked about the state of the music business, other bands, politics, etc. I never got any photos taken, because even though I am a fan, because of my position I can't really ask for a photo/autograph because I have to maintain that I am one of their "peers" since I work in the industry, etc.. Bah. Hey, I'm STILL A FAN! I hate it when people in the industry act like it's no big deal meeting their favorite bands, etc. Come on, be real. It IS very exciting. At any rate, it was fantastic. The Recording Academy paid tribute to him as Person of the Year last year, but it was in NY and I couldn't go because of a project I was working on! I'd love to post the invitation though if you all would like to see it.

Attachments

• invite2.jpg
    invite2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 80
^^ :faint: :faint: :faint:

Wauh, what a story - you are indeed very lucky!!!!! :yes: I guess you will remember this wonderful day forever... :D

:rant: - can't see the invite 'cause I'm not PM! :reject:

Last edited:
That is trully amazing. That is my dream. That and no one else showing up to a concert and I get to pick and choose what songs I want to hear them play. I would love the opportunity to talk to them about their music. It has truly be a staple in my life for 20 years. It is passed obsession it was just always there.

One note to talk about my luck. My sister, an aspiring singer, was working with someone who knew Bono. Not only did he know him but he was the one who played the piano in NYC during the elevation tour when Bono and the Edge played Please. He wouldn't do a thing to help, not even tell me which studio they were meeting in to practice. UGGGGGGGHHHH.

Wow, what a great story you got there!!! :applaud: You could tell it all with more details if you want on the Band Meetings And Sightingns so that nobody would miss it!!!! It really is a great story, I wish I was that lucky. It's great to know that the guys are cool people to hang around with, good to know I have the right role models. :D Thanks for the story and welcome to the board! :up:

Jim said:

I'm a boy so I guess I should get outta here now :)
dunno why the guys are so scared of us :eyebrow:

thanks for agreeing with me jamila! its his heart and friggin energy that is so amazing isnt it? of course looking at him sing WOWY on rattle and hum aint so bad.....

u2 granny, you go girl!

lol, maybe the thought of OLD people having hot sex should gross me out. (referring to the comment u2granny made!!)
but i did see "somethings gotta give" and i gotta say, after seeing jack nicholsons ass crack i think nothing will fase me now:huh:

u2bonogirl said:
lol, maybe the thought of OLD people having hot sex should gross me out. (referring to the comment u2granny made!!)
but i did see "somethings gotta give" and i gotta say, after seeing jack nicholsons ass crack i think nothing will fase me now:huh:

I'm probably younger than you realize.:eyebrow:

Nothing wrong with Bono's current look.

Nothing wrong with dyeing your hair.

I am the same age as the band, and I have to say, some of the comments about older folks in this thread have stung. :uhoh: I have a feeling some people who are preaching about ageing gracefully now will cry and run for a bottle of dye when they see that first gray hair, just like the rest of us :sexywink: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom