Bono's Climb to the Top of the Stage!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's climbing, and it's 1983, don't know if it's the right show though!

climb.jpg

he's climbing on something here too

barbedwire.jpg

Oh, I have screenshots of this! I have some on my Photobucket account, and I could upload more if you want. I used these on various LiveJournal posts.

Start_climbing.jpg

Climbing.jpg

Bono_stage_top.jpg

Bono_climbs_stage.jpg

White_flag_throw.jpg

I also made a couple of LiveJournal icons you may be interested in.

An attempt at making an icon of the climb.

This one has two images from Bono at the top of the stage.

Hope that's what you wanted!

Edit: There's also this icon, my favourite one that I've made from the Devore show. It's when he's singing at the top of the stage, at the last "The Eeeleectriiic Cooooo.!"

Last edited:
Yeah, those, uh, mishaps during those shows don't exactly look like they were fun. I think he's sexier when he's having fun.

:wink: Yeah, those WERE the days..:drool: ! Just pray that Bono does not kill himself!! I will never forget Bono climbing up into the balcony AFTER this us Festival climb! June17, 1983..!!:ohmy:

I also got the part where he is IN the crowd, but that would be another thread! I have way too much time on my hands during the summer.:D

madonna's child said:
Thank god the band talked Bono out of the climbing thing before he killed himself.

No kidding. I remember getting dizzy just watching him! It scared me. It was always "don't fall, don't fall".

THANK YOU, u2granny, for some more WONDERFUL stills.

They lift up my days and light up my nights..... :yes::hug:

And thanks to Bono for staying alive this long! :laugh:

THE GOAL IS SOUL.....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

:hyper: Woow, got whole exited going through this thread. It sure looks scary.

And yes Granny, after seeing your first bash of pics, i was going to ask you if you were sure about it being at Werchter.
Cause in 1983 he wore a black shirt.

But the second load of pics is definately Werchter 1982. I still remember those outfits and his first flag waving (even before the War era) :drool:

Back
Top Bottom