Bono's car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4EVRU2

Acrobat
Okay, don't have premium membership so can't search the forums for this, and i'm not about to click on every freaking page...

What kind of car does Bono drive?

sorry to have to start a whole new thread about this!

edge.jpg

:lmao:

The license plate is IMBONO.

I don't remember exactly what kind of car he drives, but I'm reading Bono In Conversation right now, and in it he talks about driving a "dentist's car" and that he doesn't drive like a nut like he used to. I think he and Edge both have Mercedes?

Ali also said in an interview they own a VW Golf (I think. Golf or Polo).

What about the rest of them? Anyone know what Adam and Larry drive?

BonoIsMyMuse said:
:lmao:

The license plate is IMBONO.

I don't remember exactly what kind of car he drives, but I'm reading Bono In Conversation right now, and in it he talks about driving a "dentist's car" and that he doesn't drive like a nut like he used to. I think he and Edge both have Mercedes?

:lol: His license says IMBONO!?:lmao:

Maserati Quattroporte. It gets the equivalent of 9 mpg. He and Ali have talked about their desire to get a hybrid.

I spoke at a dinner in NYC last week and there was a Quattroporte parked on display in the foyer. It's a heavy, conservative car with an intensely powerful engine. I can see why he'd call it a "dentist's car" but that would have to be one rich dentist.

Last edited:
I actually have a couple of photos of Bono driving his Maserati (all pedestrians beware! :yikes: ) but they're on my computer at my parents house! But I'm sure someone else here will provide you with a photo. :wink:

He has a Maserati, which is shown above, but he also has a Mercedes. I saw both of them. The last time I met Bono he sat in his Mercedes (but he wasn't driving himself ;)). (This was in May 2006 btw. Dunno if anything changed since then...)

I found an old Rolling Stone at my folks' house. It was an interview with Edge between JT and R&H and it said that he drove up to meet the interviewer in a 70's VW Bug. I thought that was great.

How does a dentist drive? :reject: is it slow and careful?
I read on Wikepedia that Ali's favorite car or (used to be) was the VW Golf.
The Maserati is :drool: but 9 mpg? :huh:

I remember Bono had a car that had leopard print and fuzzy dice....What car was that...and it was back in the late 80's and 90's I believe........

U2_Dudette said:

hes parking on double yellow lines isnt he? :O

doesn't his freedom of the city mean he can park anywhere anyway?

Jeannieco said:
What happened to the black Mercedes?
There are stories in the fan meetings section of people seeing him drive by at the studio in it... that's been a while though.
I guess he could have trashed it by now! Hahaha!
Or got tired of it.

No, as I said, he still has his black Mercedes (at least last May)!

The car with the Leopard print was the Ford Cortina which he purchased in the Zoo TV era and always claimed their was drink involved. It was an impulse at the beginning of his playing with the whole rock star thing which he seemed embarrassed about later. There is a clip somewhere on YouTube of an interview where he is driving some woman around Dublin in the Cortina and he's so busy showing her the sights that he drives on the wrong side of the road. He kind of waves to people and shrugs saying "it's ok they know me around here." She begins to realize why everyone told her she was nuts to ride with Bono.

I think he has gone through several Mercedes as well because he tends to give them to charities for auction then has to get new ones.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom