Bono's butt grabbin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

banjo

The Fly
I think i'll share this with you lot - to encourage the fantasies!

Wish this was me getting grabbed!

This is from the gawker celeb site:

"I was having dinner at La Bottega at the Maritime last night when Bono came in with a group of people. He made a lot of noise and grabbed the asses of two of the girls he was with, clearly wanting to be noticed. If you create an almost cartoon-character-like stage persona, do you really want to play the part all the time? He had the goofy glasses and a white cowboy hat on , etc…. He appeared to be drunk or really happy about something and the party settled into a large table of about 8 or 10."

http://www.gawker.com/news/stalker/...miller-has-poor-elevator-etiquette-133411.php

Perhaps one of the gals was Ali...I mean she was in town with him this week. Doesn't explain the other gal but I guess it was someone Ali didn't mind... :wink:

This was October 26th or near enough.

I love it when Bono get's drunk and naughty, great fun!

Ahh well our Bono does be flirtacious at times, grabbin arses??....and I love him for it, if only he'd flirt with me though............. :hmm:
what fun!!!

Wait, did this really happen? If it did it sounds quite funny actually haha

I wouldnt mind being one of those girls either :wink:

Oh... any photographic evidence???:hmm:

Last edited:
Bono engaging in a little rock star behavior? It's about time! LOL! Hey, he can't talk about world peace all the time! :wink:

I would not mind being on the receiving end of a butt grab from that man!:giggle:

Pop Artist said:
Perhaps one of the gals was Ali...I mean she was in town with him this week. Doesn't explain the other gal but I guess it was someone Ali didn't mind... :wink:

He kisses girls though glass too in front of Ali...so he probably said..."what the hell...I'll give it a try."

daf027fe.jpg

Our B cracks me up! :lmao: He's such a flirt but then being a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge rock star, I suppose he'd have to be. I mean, it just wouldn't work have a shy and retiring lead man, now would it? Nope, I only hope that if ever I see him someplace that I'm dining at, he'd reach out and lay one of those great paws upon my person.. lol. It'd certainly be a lot more exciting then eating a plate of spaggetti!

...although a Bono desert would be nice: Bono served not quite naked (as long as his chest was), upon a bed of chocolate choux pastry and dribbled over with thick dark chocolate sauce and perhaps a little fresh cream hereabouts.. er............ I think that maybe I should go now..:whistle:

youvedonewhat said:
...although a Bono desert would be nice: Bono served not quite naked (as long as his chest was), upon a bed of chocolate choux pastry and dribbled over with thick dark chocolate sauce and perhaps a little fresh cream hereabouts.. er............ I think that maybe I should go now..:whistle:

Damn you, woman!:drool:

:hug: Jess

Unfortunately, I would have to disagree that this is appropriate behavior of a man with a family and who wants to be taken seriously in the world of international politics - Rock star or not.

What Bono does in private is his business. What he does in the limelight reverberates to those around him and to those he advocates for.

This is my opinion. I ask not to be flamed for it.

LOVE AND PEACE. :up:

If this happened in the first place.

I mean, it was just someone's casual remark.

We really don't know that it happened. :ohmy:

Jamila said:
Unfortunately, I would have to disagree that this is appropriate behavior of a man with a family and who wants to be taken seriously in the world of international politics - Rock star or not.

What Bono does in private is his business. What he does in the limelight reverberates to those around him and to those he advocates for.

This is my opinion. I ask not to be flamed for it.

LOVE AND PEACE. :up:

...but he also is a man, and one who enjoys the company of pretty women. Nothing wrong with that. :)

And he's a human being, too, so once in a while he's going to do things that don't fit in with his godlike status. ;) Not that I'd ever intend to presume to know what goes on in his brain, but I'm sure it was all a bit of fun (if it really did happen, that is).

(hope you don't consider that a flame, because it wasn't intended as one.)

he was probably drunk or tipsy...

the other lady was probably ali...

other friends and family were meeting them there as well (read the links article)

we dont know the context in which this situation happened either.. just going by a vague comment by a tabloid stalker.

with the vagueness of the comment, it could sound like it was something pompous and on the other hand something quite innocent. depends on who the people were, depends on a lot opf things and either way, i dont see much wrong with this. maybe its just me?

This is my opinion .....

I hate it when people try to box others in to their idea of what is right.

The man is a complete and utter inspiration, a prophet, a legend to be adored, for so many reasons, not in least of which is his passion, committment and devotion to God and how he demonstrates that in the way he lives his life.

See, I like the fact that he is 'normal'. I do not want some kind of stuffy, uptight, moralistic do gooder speaking for me.

He is a breath of fresh air! Give me more!

Does the fact that he grabbed some woman on the arse - wife or not - (and it may have been her anyway...) negate everything else he does in his life????

Besides that, he was probably having a laugh and a flirt and a really great time. One grab on the arse does NOT mean take me home and do the wild thing....

Just chill.... all is well.

God bless

Last edited:
imogen said:
This is my opinion .....

I hate it when people try to box others in to their idea of what is right.

The man is a complete and utter inspiration, a prophet, a legend to be adored, for so many reasons, not in least of which is his passion, committment and devotion to God and how he demonstrates that in the way he lives his life.

See, I like the fact that he is 'normal'. I do not want some kind of stuffy, uptight, moralistic do gooder speaking for me.

He is a breath of fresh air! Give me more!

Does the fact that he grabbed some woman on the arse - wife or not - (and it may have been her anyway...) negate everything else he does in his life????

Besides that, he was probably having a laugh and a flirt and a really great time. One grab on the arse does NOT mean take me home and do the wild thing....

Just chill.... all is well.

God bless

Now, this would qualify as a flame... see second-to-last line, which single-handedly qualifies it as such. :(

Otherwise, it would just be your 2 cents... like all the rest of the posters.

Jamila said:

Jamila, I mean absolutely no offense, but out of curiousity... how long have you been following Bono? I don't know if this whole "butt grabbing" thing really happened, but he's done a lot more outrageous things.

I mean, during the Zoo TV era alone, he got wasted quite a bit, humped cameras during concerts and actually stripped naked during an interview at a restaurant (in full view of everyone). LOL! I mean, it's not like he's been absolutely insane, but grabbing someone's butt is one of the more tamer things he's done "in public."

Ok, so say the arse grabbing was true and we all know how the media twist things to sell articles, don't we? So, ok say he did grab some girls arse? Yeah, being married myself, I wouldn't like my hubby to do that but the circumstances have to be understood. And if his family/friends were there it was obviously just horseplay. And as for his being in the world of politics, how many 'real' politicions would go a lot further then a little groping? So, I don't think any of this matters.

What does matter is the fact that he's a good man, obviously a good hubby and a great father.

In his line of business I think we should be taking our hats off to a man who can have a wife/children whom he cares deeply for instead of ten million 'trophy' type women hanging onto his arm, which, lets face it, he could certainly pull a few if he wanted to.

And Jamila, thanks for your post. I didn't take it as offensive, simply someone else's opinion. :)

forty said:

...during the Zoo TV era alone, he got wasted quite a bit, humped cameras during concerts and actually stripped naked during an interview at a restaurant (in full view of everyone). LOL! I mean, it's not like he's been absolutely insane, but grabbing someone's butt is one of the tamer things he's done "in public."

Indeed. Let's not forget the infamous "Mr. Rattler" self-portrait--and that was for a children's charity, for goodness sake!
He wouldn't be the great frontman he is if he didn't frequently take risks and push the envelope of what some consider "appropriate" behaviour. And rock stars do occasionally get drunk and flirtatious, or so I've heard.

(LOL at the "butt goblin"!:lol: A new idea for a Hallowe'en costume?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom