Bono's Boots,Shoes and Men's Footwear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:

I have not seen this video. Sounds really cool, though.

And I love the picture you posted. Denim works on him. :yes:.

Angela

Making Bono/U2 video list for Angela:

1)-Live In Sydney concert
2) In God's Country video

We will have to help you get those videos one of these days ,girl! You will really love "In God's Country". He has the longer blunt cut hair and wears a denim jacket in part of the video!:sexywink:

Billie Midol said:
Making Bono/U2 video list for Angela:

1)-Live In Sydney concert
2) In God's Country video

We will have to help you get those videos one of these days ,girl! You will really love "In God's Country". He has the longer blunt cut hair and wears a denim jacket in part of the video!:sexywink:

LOL, aw, thanks. :hug:. Think we could look around for the "In A Lifetime" video, too? I saw a commercial for that "Greatest Irish Bands" CD tonight, and they showed a clip from that video, and...wow. I would love to see that. That and "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?"

And just from the stills for "In God's Country", it looks like I'll definitely like it. Denim jacket in part of the video? Awesome. :up: :D.

Angela

I've said it before, Angela you will LOVE In God's Country :love: The whole Outside It's America tape is pure Bono beauty at its finest :flirt:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Denim jacket in part of the video? Awesome. :up: :D.

Angela

339%3B763523232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D536%3D5%3A5%3D32325364%3B4494nu0mrj

339%3B763523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D536%3D5%3A7%3D32325364%3B6746nu0mrj

339%3B763523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D536%3D5%3A7%3D32325364%3B6748nu0mrj

339%3B763523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D536%3D5%3A7%3D32325364%3B6753nu0mrj

U2Kitten said:
I've said it before, Angela you will LOVE In God's Country :love: The whole Outside It's America tape is pure Bono beauty at its finest :flirt:

Outside It's America tape? I don't believe I have that one.. :hmm: ...
BONO BEAUTY?!!!!:hyper:
OMG!!! Where can I get that? Can you tell me a little bit about that,U2Kitten? Thanks !:D

Last edited:
Oh Kelly those are :combust: :faint: :up:

BEAUTIFUL!

Billie, it's not something you can buy, it was on TV a long time ago. I had a copy but it disappeared and a lady here on PLEBA made me a copy last year. It has that video, and more, and it's a documentary of the guys on the JT tour. They are so good looking, and so funny. That's another thing I love about it, it dismisses the aggravating old stereotype that they were 'po faced' and stuffy and serious in the '80's and never laughed until the '90s :yawn: It's true vintage footage of the band at the height of their glory (and beauty :drool: )

U2Kitten said:
Oh Kelly those are :combust: :faint: :up:

BEAUTIFUL!

Billie, it's not something you can buy, it was on TV a long time ago. I had a copy but it disappeared and a lady here on PLEBA made me a copy last year. It has that video, and more, and it's a documentary of the guys on the JT tour. They are so good looking, and so funny. That's another thing I love about it, it dismisses the aggravating old stereotype that they were 'po faced' and stuffy and serious in the '80's and never laughed until the '90s :yawn: It's true vintage footage of the band at the height of their glory (and beauty :drool: )

It disappeared? Oh no!:( ...I'd love to see that, I don't believe I ever have..

I have about six hours worth of U2 videos on VHS that I want to get it transferred to DVD..I hope the tapes don't wear out....:ohmy:

Heh, on the footwear.... if I recall correctly he's hurt his back more than once, and you have to wear good sturdy shoes if you're going to be that active esp. on stage doing all that running.... hence big lug-soled things with low heels. I'm short (4'10") so I totally sympathize with him wearing the Cuban heels etc. but I also know they're murder on your back after awhile.
(heh, information most women already have, I know... *smirk*)

Last edited:
Whenever I make videos for people I always include....

Outside It's America
A Grand Madness
Mafia U2

...All three (to me at least) are must haves on video.

Of course, now I can do the whole vhs to dvd so perhaps they're must haves on dvd? Heh.

eep said:
Whenever I make videos for people I always include....

A Grand Madness

This sounds familiar but I can't place what it is. Can you give a description of it?

I have a lot on VHS that I'd love to have on DVD but I have no way of doing that....yet. :sigh:

I've never heard of them either, and I'd bet because I haven't they' probably aren't 80's stuff. Please tell us!

Wolfeden, I hear you about the shoes! I don't give a damn how "stylish" shoes are if I have to squish my feet into them and suffer all day I will not wear them. I see these threads where Larry's Ann and Kylie M. had these awful small pointy toed skinny heeled things and girls are going 'I want those' but you couldn't pay me to wear them, ouchhhhh! I don't even think they're pretty either, I like the wider heeled shoes that thankfully came back in style the last few years. So maybe Bono's feet are just aching from all those years of squeezing into those boots and he wants a rest now. But he sure looked hot in those boots :drool:

The U2 mafia thing actually is an 80's thing. I *think* I have it on my computer at home. I believe it's JT/RH era. It's just a short clip. I'll have to watch it again if I have to give a description if no one beats me to it.

I'm trying to collect as many small clips from sites like U2star that have rare videos so I can put them onto one VCD.

Oh is it what we call Mafia U2?

gangsterb.jpg

I have a pic of the whole band but I can't find it now :huh:

I never knew anyone made a video clip of that. I'd love to see it! :happy:

arw9797 said:
The U2 mafia thing actually is an 80's thing. I *think* I have it on my computer at home. I believe it's JT/RH era. It's just a short clip. I'll have to watch it again if I have to give a description if no one beats me to it.

I'm trying to collect as many small clips from sites like U2star that have rare videos so I can put them onto one VCD.

Yes, it's JT/RH era :) Bono imitates Marlon Brando from the Godfather - so I guess that's why it's referred to as Mafia U2 :lol:
It's a short clip, I think it was made for a record company executive for some reason :scratch:

How do you burn them onto a VCD? Do you have a specific program you use to convert the files (I guess you have to convert the .wav to .mpeg?)

Just curious, because I was thinking about trying the same thing at some point? :)

Probably wouldn't work for me, I've still never figured out why everytime I tried to copy a VCD the copy would skip - I tried everything and gave up :(

I can burn mp3s fine, but copying is a problem there too - maybe if I burned .mpegs directly it might work :shrug:

sorry I went kinda OT there :reject:

edit: I'm also wondering what "A Grand Madness" is too? :)

Last edited:
I want to see!! :hyper:

Just for the record I found "Mafia" or "Gangsta" U2 :lol:

jtgangsters.jpg

kellyahern said:

Yes, it's JT/RH era :) Bono imitates Marlon Brando from the Godfather - so I guess that's why it's referred to as Mafia U2 :lol:
It's a short clip, I think it was made for a record company executive for some reason :scratch:

How do you burn them onto a VCD? Do you have a specific program you use to convert the files (I guess you have to convert the .wav to .mpeg?)

Just curious, because I was thinking about trying the same thing at some point? :)

I couldn't copy videos to CD from my computer with the basic programs that my computer came with. Thankfully my parents were feeling generous this past holiday season and bought me Nero 6 :drool: Otherwise I don't think I would be able to copy any saved videos. I tried it a few weeks ago and it was really easy! I love that program :yes: I'm amazed at how much I can do with it vs. the basic stuff I was using before.

arw9797 said:

I couldn't copy videos to CD from my computer with the basic programs that my computer came with. Thankfully my parents were feeling generous this past holiday season and bought me Nero 6 :drool: Otherwise I don't think I would be able to copy any saved videos. I tried it a few weeks ago and it was really easy! I love that program :yes: I'm amazed at how much I can do with it vs. the basic stuff I was using before.

Thanks for the info :wave:

I'm climbing the walls over this 'Outside Is America' thing... was I already away at college when this came out or something? I was such a rabid little VCR fanatic, taping everything U2 that ever came on MTV or anywhere else... and somehow I missed this one?? :scream: :scream: :scream:

Um... I have a lot of the 'Fire And Desire' MTV U2 Sunday if anyone's up for a trade? (VHS at the moment, I lack the technology to rip DVDs from VHS... yet!) *tries to think what else I might have kicking around from the scary 80s*

wolfeden said:
I'm climbing the walls over this 'Outside Is America' thing... was I already away at college when this came out or something? I was such a rabid little VCR fanatic, taping everything U2 that ever came on MTV or anywhere else... and somehow I missed this one?? :scream: :scream: :scream:

Um... I have a lot of the 'Fire And Desire' MTV U2 Sunday if anyone's up for a trade? (VHS at the moment, I lack the technology to rip DVDs from VHS... yet!) *tries to think what else I might have kicking around from the scary 80s*

email me at lemonedge430@yahoo.com. Please put U2 in the subject field so I don't delete your message. I think a trade could be arranged :yes:

BorderGirl said:
Can somebody tell me where/when the JT-era pictue of Edge and Bono shopping for cowboy boots was taken? I recognize the box logo brand as "Tony Lamas".
Maybe Texas? Arizona?
:eyebrow:

I think it was taken in Las Vegas while they were filming "ISHFWILF" but I don't know for sure...

Back
Top Bottom