Bono's Black Sandals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Booms07

Babyface
Does anyone know who makes the black sandals that Bono has been wearing over the last year or so? He was wearing them during the "Penélope-Gate" photos the other day. They're very cool and I'd love to find out who manufactures them

Heh, you and me both.

I've been trying, and there are some pics with the logo visible, but Google says "WTF bitch nothing like that exists, quit smoking crack and come back to me with a REAL query."

So, it goes on.

/caffinated on an empty stomach

What is attractive about them, may i inquire??????
isn't there anything that could be substituted, 'cuz i'd like to take an informal survey:

guys and gals, what do you think
Thanks much!
(remember, it's summer and there's not much goin' on)

I personally love Bono's thick soled sandals! :love: I wish I could find a pair like that!! :yes: Just yesterday I bought a pair of Adidas thick soled slip-ons that I need to wear for work. I have to wear thick soled shoes (and the thicker the better!) or high-heels coz I have a foot condition where the ligaments of the soles of my feet can become very strained causing a searing pain in my heels when using ordinary flat shoes. :yikes: And so for all we know, Bono could suffer from a similar condition. :shrug:

hcbiggs2002 said:
I personally love Bono's thick soled sandals! :love: I wish I could find a pair like that!! :yes: Just yesterday I bought a pair of Adidas thick soled slip-ons that I need to wear for work. I have to wear thick soled shoes (and the thicker the better!) or high-heels coz I have a foot condition where the ligaments of the soles of my feet can become very strained causing a searing pain in my heels when using ordinary flat shoes. :yikes: And so for all we know, Bono could suffer from a similar condition. :shrug:

Naw, not buying that one that he might be suffering from the ill effects of a strained foot, or strained back for that matter.

Way too many tippy toe pictures in his past and present. :rolleyes: It's a clear case of........................(see below for the medical condition)

CMM said:
:rolleyes:

The only condition Bono suffers from is short man's syndrome.

Aye, Wee man syndrome.

and a thumbs down for the clobhoppin' sandals and all the "thick" sole" shoes that are worn. It's comical at this point (and a wee bit sad)

Last edited:
Okay, it's a well documented fact that Bono has a back condition, who knows, he may just wear these shoes for medical reasons.

Making nasty comments is totally inappropriate here.

Apart from that, I totally fully understand that he's also wearing them to cover up his shortness. It must suck big time having almost everyone you meet looking down on you. I know us mocking his height and everything is cute and all, but I understand that someone who is constantly in the public eye may have problems with their stuff like that. He's human after all.

In the end, it doesn't matter if a million people tell you they're loving you anyway, short or not, if you're not feeling comfortable with yourself, it doesn't help. And being in the public's eye can add to the feeling of discomfort. I try to cover up certain things about my body as well, and I'm very very far from being photographed and stared at as much as Bono is.

I don't care about the shoes, thick soles or not. Actually, I think that they are just a part of the person that Bono is, a characteristic of the man. Believe it or not, it's one of the little eccentricities I really learned to love about him.

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
Okay, it's a well documented fact that Bono has a back condition, who knows, he may just wear these shoes for medical reasons.

Apart from that, I totally fully understand that he's also wearing them to cover up his shortness. It must suck big time having almost everyone you meet looking down on him. I know us mocking his height and everything is cute and all, but I understand that someone who is constantly in the public eye may have problems with their height. He's human after all.

I don't care about the shoes, thick soles or not. Actually, I think that they are just a part of the person that Bono is, a characteristic of the man.

Hi, unicorn, i am 5'2'', and if i was in Bono's circle it would be divine, however being short has its struggles!! so i get it with the thick soles!! And what is attractive to one may not be to another. Didn't even consider anything else- I just know if my husband picked them out to wear, i'd probably complain to him about it!!! I really am not that shallow!!!!:slant: (high school days are way over!!) I was just curious about their appeal, and you brought up some good points. thanks for an honest answer :wink: :hi5: :no:

Well whether Bono wears those thick soled shoes for medical reasons or because he's insecure about his height, it doesn't really matter, he's a grown man a can wear whatever shoes he bloody well wants! :huh: Some people need get over themselves already!!:madspit:

I find it funny that Bono gets a lot of flack for the creepers and nobody hardly mentions anything about Larry's...even though he was the first to wear them, back when the others were wearing cowboy boots all the time. :giggle:

Anyway, for the females wanting to find them. Etnies does a really cute pair of thick soled black flip flops.

Mephy said:
I find it funny that Bono gets a lot of flack for the creepers and nobody hardly mentions anything about Larry's...even though he was the first to wear them, back when the others were wearing cowboy boots all the time. :giggle:

Anyway, for the females wanting to find them. Etnies does a really cute pair of thick soled black flip flops.

I was thinking the same thing about Mullen. He's also into the clobhoppers as well.

I'm still of the belief that these shoes are worn by both men as a fashion statement with the added benefit of increasing their stature.

INSTCUWSUMVC011 said:
i bet he had them custom made i looked for 2 hours on every search engine and shoe site and could not find anything close :scream: i guess i will have to ask the Bman myself :wink:

He's definitely had them re-soled, at the very least.

I found a Miami pic, and there's a white line near the top of the sole that wasn't present in the most recent photos.

I doubt we'll ever find them, because if memory serves me right, he was wearing those during Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom