Bonos Birthday Well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An idea for you ladies,

I've been researching grants and such as part of my internship with Jubilee, and have come across a TON of places that give smaller grants ($500-2000) which focus on specfic development projects and/or food or water security. Check out the Foundation Center (foundationcenter.org, I think) and hrfunders.org.

Good luck and don't forget to get a letter into your Rep and Senator for Bono's birthday too!

SD

Bono's Bday Well ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!!!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to post a reminder to all of you who were maybe "thinking" about doing this but forgot, or waiting for the paycheck , like me -lol.

The deadine is May 1st, and we are doing really well ( ha ha no pun intended) but still short of the needed amount of $1000.

It's such a great gift to give to Bono, who indeed prolly has everything on the planet that he needs, so I hope you'll all participate if you can.

Here are the ways you can donate:
Online:
http://www.africanwellfund.org/birthday-well.html

By Phone:
Call Africare Directly : 1-202-462-3614 and mention the code U203 and the Bday well when you donate to ensure the funds go to Bono's bday well.

By Mail :

Mail your check or money order to : Africare, Attention: African Well Fund, 440 R Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-1935, USA. If paying by check or money order please be sure to write in the memo area: "African Well Fund Code U203."

After you've donated don't forget to send an email to laraw@ptpromo.com with your personalized message to Bono!!

Have you guys considered putting like I don't know a thermometer type gadget so that people will know how close or far they are from the goal? And I mean not only for this birthday well but overall. Like I don't know it would make it more interactive and this way let's say you're only $10 away from a new well, then maybe a person that planned on donating $8 will go the extra mile and give the $10 and it will be over and done with instead of sitting there waiting for the $2. *shrug* just an idea. I know it must be hard to keep track of donations since you're dependent on Africare to provide you with the info, but you can still try I guess. You could even have like a bucket slowly climbing to the the surface instead of a thermometer it would be...uhm...fun, and people would check the site often to see if their well was completed yet, maybe even donate a bit more in the process, who knows, just an idea. *off to collect pennies*

We are supposed to be hearing next week on the money raised so far. YOu know what that means, another plea for Money if we arent up to $1000 by then!

It's a great idea Marina but unfortunately, the tabulation comes from Africare, not us so we have not way of being that interactive.

:)

OK folks, we have until May 1 for this! We'll all be giving Bono a terrific birthday present, so you want to be in on it, right? Let's go!:yes: :yes:

C'mon let's show Bono that even though PLEBA girls are 'scary' that our hearts are in the right place!

Hey, guys :)

I think this is the best gift we all can give Bono. I'm chilean, so I didn't know if I could send money 'cause when I filled the Africare document it didn't ask me about my country... ??? (I'm talking about the document you have to fill when you choose to send your money by mail) I thought this project was made for US people only... Anyway, I sent my money!! I didn't care and I sent my money anyway. I wanted to be part of this too! :) Then I asked the African Well Fund people (they are so kind!) and they told me there's no problem if you don't live in the US. So, foreign Bono fans!! You can help too!!! :D It doesn't matter where you live nor if you don't have credit card :D

We all can help!! :D

Oh my God! I'm so excited!! :D

Eberinu said:
Hey, guys :)

I think this is the best gift we all can give Bono. I'm chilean, so I didn't know if I could send money 'cause when I filled the Africare document it didn't ask me about my country... ??? (I'm talking about the document you have to fill when you choose to send your money by mail) I thought this project was made for US people only... Anyway, I sent my money!! I didn't care and I sent my money anyway. I wanted to be part of this too! :) Then I asked the African Well Fund people (they are so kind!) and they told me there's no problem if you don't live in the US. So, foreign Bono fans!! You can help too!!! :D It doesn't matter where you live nor if you don't have credit card :D

We all can help!! :D

Oh my God! I'm so excited!! :D

This is for everyone, not just people in the U.S. We have people from all over involved in this. It's been written up on several international sites, including U2Guatemala and U2France. This campaign is global!

Yes, I know... But at that time, I wasn't sure... I sent the letter on April 2nd. :D
Thank you so much for giving us this chance! :)
It's amazing what internet can do. I live so faraway from US and Africa, but even so, I can be part of this. Thank you!

Hey Eburinu! This is great news!! I'm so glad you were able to contributed, your enthusiasm is contagious!

Aaw! Thanx, Olive! One of my dreams is to become a huge activist... And Bono has inspired me a lot, that's why I think this project is wonderful. And I'm very excited! I can't wait till he receives this surprise, what a wonderful gift! :D

Last edited:
Oh my God! My donation was received?? Really?? I was so worried! Yay!!! :D I'm so happy!!

I've already contributed a couple of times (not just for B's BD) but I really want to make this happen. Please let us know if we are close and an extra little bit would help.

U2sangel... You told me that my donation was received, right? You mean, Africare has already received my letter? Because no one has told me nothing about it and I'm worried. :(

I heard today that we are in good shape for raising enough money to getting a well built in honor of Bono. Once we get actual details, you can be SURE we will post them here! The vibes I'm getting from my contact at Africare ( who builds the wells) is that U2 fans are VERY generous! And there are still *8* count em , eight day's left to donate!!

I am so excited about this!

I am excited at the thought that Bono's quote from MTV Diary which inspired me and so many others "I can't change the world, but WE CAN" has moved fans to facilitate change- and that it is really happening.

and I am excited about the fact that U2 fans kick major freakin* ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does dance*
*drinks more coffee*
* goes back to work.........:ohmy:

Last edited:
Yes, we can change the world! We just need to have will enough to do it, and I have it! :D
We should do this more often... Can you imagine what would that mean to Africa?

Thanks!

You can send a check or money order to:
Africare, Attention: African Well Fund, 440 R Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001-1935, USA. If paying by check or money order please be sure to write in the memo area: "U203 Bono bday"
Make sure to make the check out to Africare, not African Well Fund
Dont forget to download the form, print it out and mail it with your donation. The form can be found here as a .pdf , word doc or hmtl. :
http://www.africanwellfund.org/birthday-well.html

Also don't forget to send in your sig to Lara! (her email is on the web page too).

Last edited:
*waves to Katelyn*

hey!!!!!!!!!

i didn't now you were that Katelyn? Maybe we can meet in Cleveland when I'm there on June 14th?

oktobergirl said:
*waves to Katelyn*

hey!!!!!!!!!

i didn't now you were that Katelyn? Maybe we can meet in Cleveland when I'm there on June 14th?

:wave: hello!

lol yes...I'm Katelyn! Yeah, we can definitely meet in Cleveland! What hotel are you staying at? LoriHewson and myself are getting ahotel room..even though we live in Cleveland.. haha..we just want to party. :)

but yeah, we should definitely meet.

~Katelyn

Back
Top Bottom