Bono's Astrology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Billie Midol--I have a question for you about Pisces. I've been very close to several and I've noticed something about them. It seems like they've got a dark broodiness about them and a place--moreso than most--where others can't reach, if that makes sense. It's hard to put your finger on but it's kind of a sad feeling I get about them. The two closest to me are my son and my brother but I know others and they all seem to have this in common. Once, I got to know someone and thought they acted a lot like my brother in that way so I asked when their birthday is. Sure enough, they were a Pisces. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Billie Midol said:

Where were you born?

I did your chart as being born in Sydney Australia because that was where I am guessing you are from? LOL!

It said for you are Saggitarius ,with moon in Pisces and Scorpio rising ( ascending). Scorpio connects to Bono's Scorpio moon and Larry is a Scorpio (his sun is in Scorpio that is ). Adam is a Pisces which connects to your Pisces moon. Also Pisces, Scorpio and Cancer form a trine. All are water signs...
Saggitarius is a fire sign like Leo and Aries. Larry has a Leo moon and Edge is a Leo. Aries, Saggitarius and Leo from a trine...

I think aislinn and Miss Moo can explain better than me. Hopefully they will pop in here and post some more info for you! :wink:

Night,ya'll! :wave:

Thanks Billie Midol, I was born in Mt Isa, which is in country Queensland, but now i live in Brisbane

i didn't remember how great this thread was!

If someone has time, will you make my chart too?
I was born in Milan (Italy) on Nov. 8, 1983 at 3.00 pm

you can reach me via e-mail too: ladyluck@tiscali.it

Thanks a lot!
:wink: :wink:

Thank you so much!!!!! :bow: Aislinn you are great...I was hoping I was the same as Adam ,but I am pretty close!!

BONO'ppetit said:
Billie Midol--I have a question for you about Pisces. I've been very close to several and I've noticed something about them. It seems like they've got a dark broodiness about them and a place--moreso than most--where others can't reach, if that makes sense. It's hard to put your finger on but it's kind of a sad feeling I get about them. The two closest to me are my son and my brother but I know others and they all seem to have this in common. Once, I got to know someone and thought they acted a lot like my brother in that way so I asked when their birthday is. Sure enough, they were a Pisces. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Pisces is a water sign, and water signs (also Cancer and Scorpio) tend to be very emotional and moody types. They display their moodiness in different ways, but it's there. Water signs, because of their moodiness and tendency to brood, are usually much more in touch with the dark side of life because they are so in touch with their feelings and can easily access the feelings of others.

I think water signs also are more reticent than the other signs. This of course is a generalisation, because you also have to take into account the moon sign and rising sign, but on the whole, water signs keep their own feelings quiet. They'd prefer to figure you out, not vice versa.

I'm a Cancer, so I like to think I speak from experience. ;) Hope this helps!

Being a Pisces, I think it's true that they have a sense of sadness about them, even in happy times or circumstances. And moodiness and brood about things. Is there anything good about them? Sorry to get off the topic, this is suppossed to be about Bono's astrology, not mine.:)

BONO'ppetit said:
Thanks, aislinn. That does help. Isn't Aquarius a water sign, too?

No, it's an air sign.

Here's the breakdown, by the way, for anyone else who's curious:

Fire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Air Signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn

Aquarius is also known as the Water Bearer, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Fire signs are exuberant, lively, have quick reactions..and dare I say it, a fiery temperament? :p

Air signs are intellectual, live in the realms of mental activity, and are great communicators.

Water signs are the emotional ones. They live in the realms of feeling and tend to be intuitive.

Earth signs are practical and rational. They need facts, not feelings, and logic, not emotional dramas.

These are of course generalisations, and your personality will vary slightly depending on what your Sun sign, moon sign, and rising sign are.

aislinn said:

No, it's an air sign.

Here's the breakdown, by the way, for anyone else who's curious:

Fire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Air Signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn

Aquarius is also known as the Water Bearer, so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Fire signs are exuberant, lively, have quick reactions..and dare I say it, a fiery temperament? :p

Air signs are intellectual, live in the realms of mental activity, and are great communicators.

Water signs are the emotional ones. They live in the realms of feeling and tend to be intuitive.

Earth signs are practical and rational. They need facts, not feelings, and logic, not emotional dramas.

These are of course generalisations, and your personality will vary slightly depending on what your Sun sign, moon sign, and rising sign are.
Oh okay, I see, thanks.
I don't know about the 'great communicators'. I seem to get taken out of context or very seriously most of the time--or worse. :uhoh: I must be miscommunicating somewhere :p

it's the Scorpio Moon thing that says it all...and which will reveal all as the changes kick in

Gemini Rising makes the most sense...

But Mr Taurus loves stability and home....

PsychicSarah I am a cancer too. The things you describe (moodiness etc) are definitely true. When is your bday? Mine is 7/13. My husband is a Virgo.

Well, after studying the possibilities for a while, I would guess that Bono is a Leo rising. There are a few older (famous) astrologers who say that if you have Mars within 10 degrees of your midheaven and Uranus in your first house there is usually a tragedy of some kind in your youth. We all know about B's loss. However, this is all speculation! I guess if we found out that he wasn't a Leo it would prove those theories wrong! But a lot of the other planet placements make sense with the Leo rising, and it puts a lot of Ali's Aries planets in the 10th house which is the house of admiration and things you look up to, so that would make sense.

Miss Moo, I'm so glad to see you're back. You know a lot more about this than I do.

Leo rising was a possibility for Bono in my opinion, too. I hadn't heard that bit about Uranus in the 1st and Mars near the MC indicating childhood tragedy, though. Thanks for that; it's very interesting.

I wish I had the ability to integrate the different information the way you have for everyone. I've been into astrology for a long time and still haven't quite got the knack for putting it all together! :wink:

Billie Midol said:

Where were you born and what time? That info will get a more accurate result for your chart...:D

Oops. Sorry Billie. :uhoh:

April 5th 1989, at 9:30pm in town called Griffith in Australia.
(if you need to know where that is in relation to Sydney, its about 600km south-west from Sydney. (I think)

Aislinn,

I think you're doing a great job! If you want I can try to find a book that I used once to start doing the blending thing (I can't remember the name of it so I'll have to look for it).

My mom has been studying astrology for over 40 years. She's pretty good at it now :) Anyway, she's said for years (since around JT time) that she feels like Bono has Leo rising. So it's cool to see others think that may be the case as well.

Wow,this thread is still going strong! COOL! :up:

I have been so busy at work this is the first chance I have had to stop by. Should have more time in the next few days to those of you who posted questions to me,thanks for your patience..:D

I see a lot of posts about Bono's rising sign. I can definitely agree with the possiblities of him being either Gemini or Leo rising.

However... :hmm:

Here's a thought from way out of left field ( well, I am an Aquarian so where else would it come from? LOL!:wink:)

I think Bono may be an Aquarius rising ( and not just I am Aquarius either LOL!) Here is why...

As much as Aquarians have the reputation for being different they also have a tendency to love and understanding. They are often crusaders of mankind . Aquarians are humanitarians who dream ( out loud ) of saving the world . They lie awake at night worrying about starvation and drought. They often spend so much time travelling to save the world that they do not spend much time at home. Bono is a family oriented kind of guy but he is also a man who travels constantly for both his job and his humanitarian efforts. Aquarians are are all about peace and love but they are also leaders. They are not afraid of confrontation and they will stand up for their beliefs...:wink:

Some thoughts about Edge...:edge:

I think Edge is a Saggitarius rising. Saggitarians loves to learn and collect knowledge. Remember that part of the Achtung Baby video where they are being interviewed at a radio station and Edge starts talking about owl droppings? He was so intrigued with what he had learned about owl droppings and everyone else was laughing? Also remember when Bono said Edge gets sexual satisfation from collecting data? LOL! This sounds like Saggitarius.... they notice everything and remember all the details! :wink:

BONO'ppetit said:

I agree. Pisces are very sensitive people. They are also the kindest people I have ever met but there can be a dark sadness around them. They keep it to themselves a lot and you have to respect it. They have great integrity. I find Pisces to be very sweet but slightly sad people .When a Pisces cares about someone, they take it very seriously. They try very hard to please and sometimes they feel sad because they feel they have not done enough for their loved ones. They are a water sign and as such, they tend to go with the flow to keep their loved ones happy. I have many Pisces friends and I love them! :)

BTW,I am sorry if this is redundant I have not had time to read the whole thread.:D

browneyedgirl40 said:
Being a Pisces, I think it's true that they have a sense of sadness about them, even in happy times or circumstances. And moodiness and brood about things. Is there anything good about them?

Yes there is , see my previous post ..:)

That's funny Billie, I had thought that Bono might have an Aquarius rising too. But, I think that he is not as distance as an Aquarius would be. That's why I kind of vacillate between the Leo (which really made sense when I looked at the whole chart) or Aries. But, Edge as Sag? Not sure on that, Sag is most interested in freedom not facts. They like to learn on a general level, not a nitpicky owl dropping way. I would think Virgo or even Aquarius rising for Edge. They love the details! And Aquarius especially combined with the Leo sun would love to share that knowledge. Just an opinion, obviously.

MissMoo said:
That's funny Billie, I had thought that Bono might have an Aquarius rising too. But, I think that he is not as distance as an Aquarius would be. That's why I kind of vacillate between the Leo (which really made sense when I looked at the whole chart) or Aries. But, Edge as Sag? Not sure on that, Sag is most interested in freedom not facts. They like to learn on a general level, not a nitpicky owl dropping way. I would think Virgo or even Aquarius rising for Edge. They love the details! And Aquarius especially combined with the Leo sun would love to share that knowledge. Just an opinion, obviously.

Great post,Miss Moo! :up: I think you're right about Edge..I just checked my new astrology book and I have to agree . I doubt the Edge is a Sag.. I originally thought Virgo but Aquarius is an interesting thought, he loves the details...it might also explain the chemistry between Bono and Edge if they are both Aquarius rising or if Bono is Leo rising to Edge's Leo sun...

Although...the strongest element in the band seems to be water, isn't it?
They all have water signs in sun or moon . Larry's sun and Bono's moon in Scorpio, Adam's Pisces sun and Edge's Cancer moon...as BB King said to Bono in Rattle and Hum; "A lot of emotion there young man! ":wink:

Back
Top Bottom