Bono's Astrology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miss Moo, I just have to ask ... would do my chart for me? I would love to hear your interpretations of where my planets are..I was born 2/2/63 at 7:00am in Oneonta ,NY,USA. Thanks so much,I appreciate anything you can tell me!:D

MissMoo said:
Hi Golightly Grrl,

Umm, you are a Pisces Sun with a Scorpio Moon. You have a Sagittarius Ascendant. Your Mercury is in Pisces. Your Venus is in Aries and Mars is in Scorpio. It looks like (without knowing you!) you would seem very open and at the same time mysterious to people. It also looks like you are independent and need a lot of freedom, but that when you are attached it's very hard for you to let go. Water is attracted to Earth so again the Taurus thing works well!

This is scarily accurate. I can be a friendly sort, but I'm very introverted and I've often been called aloof. When I get some news, whether good or bad, I don't blurt it out right away. I have to take some time to process it. And though I crave intimacy and connection with others, I often fear that it may harm my sense of freedom and independence.

LOL...does that make me a female Bono? I was born May 7, 1960...and I'm Irish too. :sexywink: I don't believe in astrology, but here's some characteristics I found:

The light... (very Bonoistic traits!)

Patient and reliable
Warmhearted and loving
Persistent and determined
Placid and security loving

And the dark....

Jealous and possessive
Resentful and inflexible
Self-indulgent and greedy

The Taurean's characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive them, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative good, law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace, possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie. As they have a sense of material values and physical possessions, respect for property and a horror of falling into debt, they will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo and be somewhat hostile to change.

Mentally, they are keen-witted and practical more often than intellectual, but apt to become fixed in their opinions through their preference for following accepted and reliable patterns of experience. Their character is generally dependable, steadfast, prudent, just, firm and unshaken in the face of difficulties. Their vices arise from their virtues, going to extremes on occasion,such as sometimes being too slavish to the conventions they admire.

LOL On rare occasions a Taurean may be obstinately and exasperatingly self-righteous, unoriginal, rigid, ultraconservative, argumentative, querulous bores, stuck in a self-centered rut. They may develop a brooding resentment through nursing a series of injuries received and, whether their characters are positive or negative, they need someone to stroke their egos with a frequent, "Well Done!" Most Taureans are not this extreme though.

They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection, but rarely make friends with anyone outside their social rank, to which they are ordinarily excessively faithful. In the main, they are gentle, even tempered, good natured, modest and slow to anger, disliking quarreling and avoiding ill-feeling. If they are provoked, however, they can explode into violent outbursts of ferocious anger in which they seem to lose all self-control. Equally unexpected are their occasional sallies into humor and exhibitions of fun.

Although their physical appearance may belie it, they have a strong aesthetic taste, enjoying art, for which they may have a talent, beauty (recoiling from anything sordid or ugly) and music. They may have a strong, sometimes unconventional, religious faith. Allied to their taste for all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine and they may have to resist the temptation to over indulgence, leading to drunkenness, gross sensuality, and covetousness.

In their work, Taureans are industrious and good craftspeople, and are not afraid of getting their hands dirty. They are reliable, practical, methodical and ambitious, within a framework of obedience to superiors. They are at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility, where there is little need of urgency and even less risk of change, and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and good founders of enterprises where the rewards of their productiveness come from their own work and not that of others. They can flourish in many different trades and professions: banking, architecture, building, almost any form of bureaucracy, auctioneering, farming, medicine, chemistry, industry Taureans make good managers and foremen surveying, insurance, education and, perhaps surprisingly, music and sculpture. They make an ideal trustee or guardian, and can attain eminence as a chef. Some Taureans are gifted enough in singing to become opera stars or to excel in more popular types of music. (GOT THAT RIGHT)

They are more than averagely amorous and sensually self-conscious, but sexually straightforward and not given to experiment. They make constant, faithful, home loving spouses and thoughtful, kindly parents, demanding too much of neither their spouses nor children. They can be over possessive and may sometimes play the game of engineering family roles for the pleasure of making up the quarrel. If anyone offends their amour proper they can be a determined enemy, though magnanimous in forgiveness if their opponent makes an effort to meet them halfway.

No other sign in the zodiac is closer to earth then Taurus. The main objective in leading a Taurean life is primarily (though not entirely) to maintain stability and physical concerns. Your inner spiritual sense longs for earthly harmony and wholesomeness. When you fully understand this, and work toward this end, you will no longer need to blindly reassure yourself with external possessions and comforts. A realization that finding this inner peace will cause all of the above mentioned positive things will overtake you and your life will be very full.

Ultimately the Taurean needs to discover their truest, deepest and highest values. When they know what is truly valuable, they are no longer chained to people and to things that have to do with lesser values. The greatest indication of value to a Taurean is beauty, which cannot be owned, only appreciated.

Possible Health Concerns...

Taurus governs the throat and neck and its subjects need to beware throat infections, goiter and respiratory ailments such as asthma. They are said to be at risk of diseases of the genitals, womb, liver and kidneys, and of abscesses and rheumatism. Because their body type has an inclination to physical laziness, Taureans can be overweight. (NO, really???)

Being Attracted
Things Natural & Sensual
Time to Ponder
Comfort and Pleasure

DISLIKES
Disruption
Being pushed too hard
Synthetic or "man made" things
Being rushed
Being indoors

LostatMoon, the Ascendent is ....well imagine a circle divided into twelve pieces (twelve houses) The ascendent is the sign (in your case Libra) on the border of the first house. It is based on the time of day that you were born at. The reason it is used is because it changes the type of Cancer Sun you are. In other words, because your rising sign/ascendent is Libra you are a much more social Cancer. You might be someone who likes to have their friends over to their beautiful cosy home for a yummy dinner that you made for them (for instance) If you had a Virgo rising (just to contrast) you might only want certain special people over for a healthy (more important to Virgo than yummy) dinner and only if the house were clean. Does that make sense?

Okay Billie, you know your chart right? Ascendent is Aquarius with Sun right on the Ascendent with Saturn right on top of the Sun. Both planets are very strong in this position so you would seem to vacillate between conventionality and unconventionality, but have a lot of faith in your beliefs. The difficulty is that Saturn/Sun is opposite Mars in the 7th house so it looks like you would tend to feel like men (?) hold you back in some way. Perhaps you are attracted to somewhat possessive bossy men and they cramp your ability to be yourself. The other thing is that both Saturn/Sun and Mars are square to Neptune, so sometimes when you get too stressed out you really feel a need to get completely out of this world whether through fantasy or some other type of escape. I would say the biggest thing in your chart is that you are integrating a stable/conventional creative (sun) and emotional (moon) need with a dramatic/independent romantic (venus) and physical (mars) need. It's a tough task especially that Mars vs. Saturn because you think it's someone else holding you back instead of realizing that it's your fears that are in the way. Or am I reading it wrong?

MissMoo said:
Okay Billie, you know your chart right? Ascendent is Aquarius with Sun right on the Ascendent with Saturn right on top of the Sun. Both planets are very strong in this position so you would seem to vacillate between conventionality and unconventionality, but have a lot of faith in your beliefs. The difficulty is that Saturn/Sun is opposite Mars in the 7th house so it looks like you would tend to feel like men (?) hold you back in some way. Perhaps you are attracted to somewhat possessive bossy men and they cramp your ability to be yourself. The other thing is that both Saturn/Sun and Mars are square to Neptune, so sometimes when you get too stressed out you really feel a need to get completely out of this world whether through fantasy or some other type of escape. I would say the biggest thing in your chart is that you are integrating a stable/conventional creative (sun) and emotional (moon) need with a dramatic/independent romantic (venus) and physical (mars) need. It's a tough task especially that Mars vs. Saturn because you think it's someone else holding you back instead of realizing that it's your fears that are in the way. Or am I reading it wrong?

Wow...I don't know what to say...except thank you for doing that. I don't really know my chart and what everything means so I appreciate your interpretation.
First off,yes, I do have a lot of faith in my beliefs,very much so!:up:
I also agree with the vacillataing between conventional and unconventional( it's the Aquarius and Taurus moon thing ,right?). I do have a tendency to think men hold me back,yes,I do admit I often feel that way and it is something I am working on...wow...you are good,Miss Moo..:hmm: :D

Last edited:
Oh, if you don't know it here's the rundown: Your Ascendent is Aquarius, your Sun is Aquarius and Saturn is Aquarius. Saturn is giving you more of the conventionality than the Taurus Moon. Your Mercury is in Capricorn, your Venus is in Sag (need for freedom) your Mars is in Leo (dramatic) in the 7th house. You also have Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th house which is the highest planet and therefore a lot more important than it would usually be. I do have a personal question. Are you married?

MissMoo said:
I would say the biggest thing in your chart is that you are integrating a stable/conventional creative (sun) and emotional (moon) need with a dramatic/independent romantic (venus) and physical (mars) need. It's a tough task especially that Mars vs. Saturn because you think it's someone else holding you back instead of realizing that it's your fears that are in the way. Or am I reading it wrong?

I don't think you are reading it wrong ,I just don't know what that means?:reject:
LOL! Sorry,can you break that down and simplify it a little more for me?:scratch: :D

MissMoo said:
Oh, if you don't know it here's the rundown: Your Ascendent is Aquarius, your Sun is Aquarius and Saturn is Aquarius. Saturn is giving you more of the conventionality than the Taurus Moon. Your Mercury is in Capricorn, your Venus is in Sag (need for freedom) your Mars is in Leo (dramatic) in the 7th house. You also have Neptune in Scorpio in the 9th house which is the highest planet and therefore a lot more important than it would usually be. I do have a personal question. Are you married?

No, I am not married.

Last edited:
Billie, I am trying to think of how I can make it simpler and I keep coming up with these stories and thinking, I sound like a nutter! Since I don't know you it's hard to say exactly how it will work for you. For instance the Neptune square could mean you have a problem with escapism (drugs or drinking) but because of the strong Saturn/Sun conjunction I wouldn't think so. However, you might have a huge spiritual or metaphysical side that helps you deal with the mundane details of life. What I was trying to say in the abstract is that at the core you are very responsible and a bit shy maybe a little rigid (out of fear) but you project yourself as fearless and unconventional and are attracted to people and things that are unconventional and dramatic (say Bono?) In order to feel safe you like stable dependable people in order to feel alive you need wacky artsy people. Okay, I think that's clearer! But tell me if it's not!

MissMoo said:
Billie, I am trying to think of how I can make it simpler and I keep coming up with these stories and thinking, I sound like a nutter! Since I don't know you it's hard to say exactly how it will work for you. For instance the Neptune square could mean you have a problem with escapism (drugs or drinking) but because of the strong Saturn/Sun conjunction I wouldn't think so. However, you might have a huge spiritual or metaphysical side that helps you deal with the mundane details of life. What I was trying to say in the abstract is that at the core you are very responsible and a bit shy maybe a little rigid (out of fear) but you project yourself as fearless and unconventional and are attracted to people and things that are unconventional and dramatic (say Bono?) In order to feel safe you like stable dependable people in order to feel alive you need wacky artsy people. Okay, I think that's clearer! But tell me if it's not!

OMG! Girl,I think I get it now...and I believe it is accurate...now you are starting to scare me:wink: ..not in a bad way but just reading that was...whoa...yes,there's a lot of me in there...:yes: Especially that people for safety and people for feeling alive thing...whoa...:hmm:

So my attraction to Bono has nothing to do with my astrology or any zodiac sign in my chart....I guess I am just a horny old lady with great taste in men!!!LMAO!!

Last edited:
AND! Of course your attraction to Bono has to do with the astrology! Your Moon is in his Sun and Venus sign. His Moon falls in your 9th house so you look up to him. His Uranus (planet of electric attraction) is near your Mars, I think that covers it!

MissMoo said:
And you're not old, you're a year younger than I am!

I love you, Miss Moo! :applaud: LOL! I was just kidding. I feel better at 41 about myself than I did when I was in my twenties!:wink:

I love Libras...especially Libra men...the men I am most attracted to are Libra, Taurus, Aries and Virgo . Isn't that strange?

MissMoo said:
AND! Of course your attraction to Bono has to do with the astrology! Your Moon is in his Sun and Venus sign. His Moon falls in your 9th house so you look up to him. His Uranus (planet of electric attraction) is near your Mars, I think that covers it!

Wow...I knew there was something in the stars...:love:

Miss Moo,how long have you been studying astrology? You seem to know more than anyone I have met including a dear friend ( a Taurus man :wink:) who is quite knowledgable about astrology. . He is the one that originally did my chart and got me interested in learning more...:)

Last edited:
Umm, no not at all. Your Sun in Aquarius would be attracted to the Libra men (both Air signs) Your Moon would be attracted to the Taurus as well as all the other Earth elements in your chart (Saturn next to the Sun..makes it earthy)(Mercury in Capricorn) (Virgo in the 7th house). The Aries, well your Venus and Mars both in Fire signs and Aries is on the second house (things you want to possess) Taurus in general would fall in your third house which (unless the rest of the chart clicked on a sexual level with yours) would make them seem more like brothers. You need a Libra with a Capricorn Moon and Venus in Leo. Too bad we can't find these things out beforehand...and sometimes they don't work out anyway...timing you know!

MissMoo said:
Taurus in general would fall in your third house which (unless the rest of the chart clicked on a sexual level with yours) would make them seem more like brothers.
OMG!!! Did you ever nail that one on the head!:shocked:

You need a Libra with a Capricorn Moon and Venus in Leo. Too bad we can't find these things out beforehand...and sometimes they don't work out anyway...timing you know!
:ohmy:

How about a Capricorn with a Gemini moon and Venus in Aquarius? LOL! That is my current love interest...please say it's a good one ,oh please...LOL! Just kidding..
So,a Libra with a Capricorn moon and Venus in Leo,huh? Ok, I willl check that out...thanks so much, Miss Moo!:hug:

Last edited:
I've been studying about seven years. But it's really been personal interest for a long time. I like to read, there are a lot of good books about it, so when I'd see an interesting book I'd pick it up. My friend Howard is an Astrologer and also does Tarot for a living and I've taken two classes from him. The funny thing is just the other night he asked ME for an interpretation of a transit of his chart (That's where the planets are today in relation to your chart) He told me that he thought I should look into Astrology more seriously. So, helping all of you gals out has been really helpful to me. The hardest part of it is integrating all of the elements. Like what I said about your chart. If you take one piece like your Sun conjunct Saturn you might say this person is very controlled, and fearful and doesn't like to be out of control, but you have to look at the aspects being made to that aspect by other planets. That's why the Neptune(in your chart) is important because it's squaring the Sun/Saturn but no "cookbook" is going to describe those three together, so you have to put it all together yourself. The Neptune is your leap of faith, it stirs up the fear but it also helps you break though it, you have to be careful not to go too far in trying to get out of your real life but the Saturn helps you with that. See? It's really hard to put the pieces together in a way that's not too vague (as I did earlier!)

I think you have done a heck of a job here and I cannot thank you enough. You are very helpful and we will all take from these insights what we will...it's just very interesting to me and I will be getting some of those books as soon as I can. :applaud:

MissMoo, I just have to say you are doing a great job! My mother has studied/been into astrology for over 40 years and so I've learned a lot over the years but you seem to have a great knack for it. You should look into doing it more (like a career)! Good job :)

Hi Miss Moo,

I apologise for taking a couple of days, before posting my heart felt, thank you. I have been so busy with at work, plus the volunteer work I do at a local hospital and also, for my church. But, I love the way, you explain astrology. You are very gifted and I am going to heed your advise. I will follow my dreams and actively pursue a career as a inspirational/romance writer. Thanks again and I wish you every happiness.

Maeve

re vertigo in a spin!

Dear old Mr Bonjo, you’ve got to hand it to him; when his head is in a spin, he certainly knows how to deliver! The humdinger of a track that is VERTIGO strikes a chord in more ways than ONE. This sexy, angst ridden rendition is a mile away from safe little ditties like Sweetest Thing. Let’s hope the new U2 offering ‘How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb’ is full of such delights and that a somewhat tame phase is over. When Bono is on form, nobody does it better! We should surely hope that his dismantlement is a long way off. I’m not discounting the punchier tracks of ‘All that you can’t Leave Behind’, but the endless soul searching about what ‘couldn’t be left behind’ wore a bit thin. In ‘A place called Vertigo’, it sounds like Bono has realised that a little bit of danger is tortuous fun. Okay, the protagonist’s head is a ‘Jungle’ and he’s fumbling around in the dark. But it’s also plain to see that he seems to like where it’s all heading: ‘You give me something I can feel’. The admission that ‘the head can’t rule the heart’ relinquishes reason and control; whilst the mystery ‘girl with crimson nails and Jesus around her neck’ speaks to his soul and stirs up ‘everything I wish I didn’t know’. Vertigo charts subterranean territory and offers an outlet for raw emotion that doesn’t stand a chance unless the protagonist realises one thing: that alchemical love and passion really can go hand in hand. Finally as a defence mechanism the Vertigo angst is transmuted into a Divine Rapture that sublimates irrational urges and recognises the redemption of Grace; ‘your love is teaching me how to kneel’. No it’s not a cop out, but it is a separate issue!

Thanks so much Maeve, I hope it helps! Thanks Lisa, I really appreciate the compliments. Billie, I just need where this guy was born. Right now it looks like he's a Taurus Moon, but it could be different if he was born in a different time zone.

Back
Top Bottom