Bono's Art Stops the Traffic (Again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The Lanier Law Firm Opens New York Office; Office Features 15-Foot 'Peter & the Wolf' Artwork By U2's Bono

NEW YORK, Nov. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- The Lanier Law Firm, the Houston-based
litigation powerhouse that recently won the nation's first VIOXX-related jury
verdict, has opened an office in New York City. The New York Office will
operate as The Lanier Law Firm, P.L.L.C.

The aesthetic highlight of The Lanier Law Firm's New York office is a
15-foot long mixed-media paint, pencil and charcoal drawing by U2 lead singer
and human rights activist Bono and his daughters, Jordan and Eve. The work was
created as part of a series designed to accompany a new interpretation of
Prokofiev's Peter & the Wolf by Irish musician and performance artist Gavin
Friday. It was purchased at auction at Christie's, New York in 2003. All
funds raised were donated to the Dublin-based Irish Hospice Foundation and
targeted to train hospice caregivers in AIDS-ravaged Africa, the USA and
elsewhere around the world.
Moving the piece into the firm's sixth-floor offices in Midtown East was a
bit of performance art in itself, requiring more than a dozen workmen and the
closure of an entire city block. In a harrowing delivery, a 10-story crane
moved the crated artwork to the sixth floor (where workmen had removed a large
pane of glass) -- only to find the crate was too large to make it through the
window.
In a heart-stopping, mid-air maneuver, the artwork was delicately removed
from the crate and moved to its new home in The Lanier Law Firm's offices at
126 E. 56th Street.

So, didn't anyone have a measuring tape?:wink:

Souly said:
Which picture was it?

I can't seem to locate my copy of Peter and the Wolf right now, but from the description I think it has to be the one that they are working on together in the video, the really long one with all the flowers drawn by the girls. Do you know the one I mean? I'm sure someone will post a pic.

seajewel said:
I went to the auction - can't recall anything that large???:|

Yes, I remember seeing an initial list of the available items, but many of them were subsequently not offered at auction. I suspect a number were bought before the auction, by special arrangement. The size of that picture does make it remarkable, and I'm sure it's the one in the video, which they are all working on together. (Still hoping someone can post a still from that video.)

02f79458.jpg
bc57628d.jpg

93fe7b9a.jpg
fd5bcff1.jpg

I don’t think these will help us finding out witch painting the article is referring to.:shrug:

Last edited:
gah, everytime those pics are posted, I get the Peter and the Wolf theme song in my head for days!

I also get one of those "If I knew Bono..." moments....if I knew Bono, I'd have him mural a room in my house.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
gah, everytime those pics are posted, I get the Peter and the Wolf theme song in my head for days!

I also get one of those "If I knew Bono..." moments....if I knew Bono, I'd have him mural a room in my house.

Me too! :yes: He is so incredibly talented! Its not fair that one man can have so much talent all bottled up in him. :wink:

Peter and the wolf

Check out these and there a video clip of the exihibition that i did for gavin Friday.com plus it was my daughters in the press releases they used for the Irish Times and TV clips

website ww.u2chat.com/Gallery.htm

LostAtMoon said:
Some of the paintings are really big. A few more pictures:

PeterThewolfgallery34.jpg

PeterThewolfgallery38.jpg

PeterThewolfgallery32.jpg

PeterThewolfgallery28.jpg

PeterThewolfgallery26.jpg

Donnelly_Residence-thumb.jpg

Re: Peter and the wolf

cameraman said:
Check out these and there a video clip of the exihibition that i did for gavin Friday.com plus it was my daughters in the press releases they used for the Irish Times and TV clips

Thank you. Your daughters are very pretty.:cute:

some photos i took at the auction in NY ..... this was of a photo hanging in the lobby area ... I love it

IM000275.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Re: Peter and the wolf

cameraman said:

Congratulations! And your daughters are absolutely precious!

biff said:
Here's a link to another article about the painting being bought by that law firm, and it shows which picture it is.

http://www.law.com/jsp/tx/PubArticleTX.jsp?id=1132144709632

waaaaaaait a second, THAT guy bought the painting? ew!!! He really weirds me out! I've read other articles on that attorney. He makes his millions by suing the big pharms, and unfortunately he's pretty good at his job. Then every year he has a HUGE party. He keeps saying how he's going to get Bono to come and play a private show :rolleyes: The guy's obsessed with Bono.

Oh come on, as much as I love Bono, his paintings are nothing special and if it wasnt Bono who drew them, you'd all probably think the same thing!! It seems that you all think everything Bono does is out of this world, well sorry to tell you folks but it aint!!

Back
Top Bottom