Bono's addictive hugs...tell all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2forlife

Refugee
I'm lost between the midnight and the dawning esca
Hey!

A few of us have been lucky enough to dance with Bono on stage, however I'm sure many more have received one of the B-man's warm and cuddly hugs.

Tell us your story about your hug.

I'll start with mine...:wink:

The first hug happened in Chicago. Bono was leaving his hotel and I just so happened to be accidentally on purpose outside his hotel at that time. No really, I was leaving for the airport. No, really, I was! So he stopped to sign a couple of things for people and I was able to tell him something I've always wanted to say to him. He seemed very touched. He kissed the back of my hand and pulled me into an embrace. It was a very quick hug because he was rushing to leave the hotel.

The second hug came while I was dancing on stage. He had one arm around my shoulder while the other hand was holding the microphone. At one point of the song, he leaned in and my arms instinctively went around his waist. He pulled me even closer for one of the sweetest, softest hugs I've ever received. Then, he sung a little of Fast Cars in my ear. Once you receive a hug from him, they become so addictive. Just makes you want another one!

Honestly, his hug wasn't much. But he only had less than 2 seconds to spend with me so I understand. Plus my friend and I kind of 'tag teamed' a hug on him, so all he could really do was lean in between the both of us. I got to touch his right cheek with my right cheek (on the FACE you pervs!). He did give me whisker burn when he pulled away though :drool:. I'll never complain about my husband giving me whisker burn ever again. :hyper: I'm still amazed I was capable of speech when he was that close to me. But I forgot to tell him thank you. :banghead: That of course is why I need to see him again!

You're right though - it is addicting. He nibbled my fingers in 2001 and it was completely electric, and I knew I had to see him up close again and again after that. I hope to have that chance in Portland!

My first one was in 2001. I asked him if I could hug him and his reply was "sure, I'd like that as well." So we hugged and all I managed to say was "thank you, thank you, thank you." I was in la la land the rest of the day.

My second hug was in 2002. During the Heart of America tour some friends and I had been waiting to meet him. When he finally came out I said something to him and he walked right up to me, hugged me and kissed me on the cheek as well. :drool: The rest of the night I could smell his sweet cologne on my hand......

His hugs are definitely addictive! :love:

Wish I could say I've hugged "Mr. Wonderful" (which is why I'm so jealous of people like U2forlife, Miro and Alli) :madspit:

BUT

After the July 4, 1987 show in Paris - after stalking him around the city, he said hello angel to me......of course I was a kid at the time :D and he had to sign my train pass 'cos I couldn't find anything else for him to sign :giggle:

Someday I'll get my hug....maybe this tour....but of course I've said that for past tours :| and I'm starting to give up :shrug:

u2forlife said:

Miro, tell us about your hug from ealier this year (in Denver?).

Eh... the story is around here if someone really wants it...

I'm pretty sure everyone around these parts is already aware of what a "disgusting" run of good fortune I've had these past months... :eek:

For PLEBA girls only, if you see me at a show and want to rub my belly for good fortune like you would a Buddha's just ask :wink: :hug:

Miroslava said:

For PLEBA girls only, if you see me at a show and want to rub my belly for good fortune like you would a Buddha's just ask :wink: :hug:

*makes note :wink:

after we rub your belly - Bono can rest his head on it :drool:

u2forlife said:

Don't worry. Your day will come. And when you finally receive one, that will make it so much sweeter. :hug:

I got a handshake once. I don't remember what it felt like though :reject:.

A lot of people were around and I just stuck my hand out and he shook it. I remember seeing it ("There's my hand . . .and there's his hand!" :hyper: :lol:), but can't recall what if felt like.

yeah, I got a handshake once too but don't remember what it felt like. Other than his hands are really soft... :drool:
I was totally overwhelmed just by getting to be so close, talk to and touch him, so I can pretty much guarantee that if I ever made it up on stage I'd just be a blubbering idiot, lol. :der:
A hug someday, though, that'd be pretty sweet!! :heart:

I'm hug-less, handshake-less , touch-less and speech-less! Hopefully before the end of the year....this will all change! I have 3 more shows. :Deep deep sigh: I am on a mission, a mission to meet the man, to say a few things and get that handshake OR hug! I envy you all.....I will continue to DREAM OUT LOUD until I, too, can post my experience here with everyone!

(thanks to all who have shared! Awesome awe-inspiring experiences)

OMG soft hands, sweet smelling cologne, I want a Bono hug! Please let it happen in Atlanta-my husband says I can do whatever I want that day. So I'm praying to meet Bono. :drool:

Well, if the man ever returns to Europe... :mad:

:wink:

Congrats to you all - dances, hugs, handshakes or whatever you've recived from :bono:! :D:up:

sweetie said:

As long as a PLEBA gets the huggies I'll be ok with it. :sigh:

GA!!!!!! It's my birthday too. I don't know if thats lucky or not though. :(

What a great birthday present to see U2!! :happy: Hope you can get a birthday hug. :) :hug:

I'll be in GA along with a few other PLEBA girls. Maybe we'll see you. :)

Bono's Doll said:
OMG soft hands, sweet smelling cologne, I want a Bono hug! Please let it happen in Atlanta-my husband says I can do whatever I want that day. So I'm praying to meet Bono. :drool:

I agree. His hands are pretty soft. His fingers are well manicured and very handsome too. I didn't detect any cologne when he hugged me. I probably would have :drool: all over him.

I hope it happens for you in Atlanta. :hug: But be careful now. You might just want to never let go. :lol:

Last edited:
Gah! Hugs - kisses - handshakes - whisker burns --- it's too much for this one desparate girl, I tell you... TOO MUCH!!! :faint:

:reject: *Blu goes back to the rock she crawled out from under & continues cross fingers, eyes, toes - whatever! - until Nov 21* :reject:

Back
Top Bottom