Bono's addictive hugs...tell all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one4u2 said:
Just a comment:

We should all step back for a minute and actually embrace the fact that we can have an active thread on this topic...I think there is nothing greater when celebrities (espescially as big as U2) can embrace their fans and are super nice to go out of their busy life and make us, the fans, happy....I am a big fan of another band (which I won't mention) and I know I tried for years to meet their lead singer and when I did I was not very impressed...My entire illusion was shot, luckily I was able to just focus on their music that I have loved since I was a kid....I had actually even heard fan stories where they were so rude they made fans cry :| So again I must say we are truly a lucky bunch to adore such a great band who we know, adores us back...So U2 thanks for giving us a good life :happy:

:up: well said!

i've 'met' bono twice (if you call 'meeting' someone standing there like a deer in headlights!), but have never gotten a hug. the second time i 'met' him was last week before the 10/7 MSG show, when he stopped and was signing autographs for everyone. it was a mob scene, as always, but as he made his way down the line, i put my hand out, and he held it while talking to the guy next to me. i actually had to look down at my hand, b/c he was, um, pretty much carressing it. :combust: i was on such a high after that- i remember calling my mom just being giddy with excitement... :wink:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Furthermore, if I actually thought that Bono would ever say to us "take the blessing you have received from being in my presence and do good unto others" I dont think I would respect him anywhere near as much as I do now...

:applaud: :applaud:

Miroslava - I think your stories are great :up:

I've met Bono a few times over the years, and his hugs are wonderful and warm, his kisses are very nice (still :drool: from last week) , and when my face was buried against his chest (inadvertently in a crowd, I must stress :wink: ) he smelled shower fresh! :combust:

angel_28 said:

:combust:...thats basically what i would do if Bono whispered in my ear...stroked my back and cuddled me...:lol: ...
But i would love every darn minute of it :heart:
I did shake his hand once...and got a mini hug...but i want more!!... :drool:

This is why I just had to come over to Boston in December he's like a drug!!!! :wink:

Miroslava said:
I am really failing to see when this turned ugly or boisterous or anything near there, but I am glad I didn't retell my story...

:|

We know that Bono is nothing but generous with his time and I think the great majority of us realize that what he does for us goes above and beyond... I think the reason why a lot of us respect him as much as we do is exactly because of that...

Furthermore, if I actually thought that Bono would ever say to us "take the blessing you have received from being in my presence and do good unto others" I dont think I would respect him anywhere near as much as I do now...

:up:

Miroslava said:

:up: no doubt, Miro! He's just a man, a manwho loves women and loves his fans, that's part of what makes him so irresistable, human frailties, flaws and all!

I also want to say that I remember reading threads like this way before I ever saw u2 live or had been anywhere within several hundred miles of them, and it gave me hope that YES, I would see them one day, and that if I was lucky and played my cards right I might actually meet them too. If it wasn't for this forum and these types of threads I'd never have dreamed of meeting them and certainly wouldn't have known how to go about it. That's why I love to read other people's stories and to share my own, because we all have an equal chance to see them and meet them and it is a really special thing when it happens!

Ok that's it-I thought a hug would be enough--but now you all are talking about cuddling, backstroking, your face against his chest----this is what I want! :drool: :drool:

Before September of this year, I was hug-less, handshake-less and definitely kiss-less. I just loved hearing about everyone else's stories of how they met the band. Reading through your PLEBAn stories gave me the hope that one day, I would be lucky enough as well. Keep the stories coming it may help others in fulfilling their dream. :hug:

u2forlife said:
Before September of this year, I was hug-less, handshake-less and definitely kiss-less. I just loved hearing about everyone else's stories of how they met the band. Reading through your PLEBAn stories gave me the hope that one day, I would be lucky enough as well. Keep the stories coming it may help others in fulfilling their dream. :hug:
You will be my inspiration! God Bless You. I can only imagine for right now how he must have felt. :bono: :hug:

Hey, do I hold the record for the oldest hug here? 1985, backstage, post UF show. Look up one of my (few!) posts for details. I asked him for a hug and I remember my eyes were wide open b/c I was so freaked out, and my face was right in that long, dyed black hair! Got a kiss on the cheek too!

Looked it up and yes, that is an awesome story :happy:

And I know someone that got to dance with Bono at the Ritz in NYC or one of the other clubs during Bad :love: Or maybe she just manhandled his leg at the Ritz and got the dance elsewhere since they were already out of clubs by that time :hmm:

Anyway, we have some old schoolers here too :bow:

Thanks, Miroslava! It's been fun reading your stories, and the pix are beautiful! Have fun...

Thanks! Jake, my oldest son, is seven now. My husband and I took him to his first show a couple of weeks ago (10/4 Boston).

one4u2 said:
Just a comment:

We should all step back for a minute and actually embrace the fact that we can have an active thread on this topic...I think there is nothing greater when celebrities (espescially as big as U2) can embrace their fans and are super nice to go out of their busy life and make us, the fans, happy....I am a big fan of another band (which I won't mention) and I know I tried for years to meet their lead singer and when I did I was not very impressed...My entire illusion was shot, luckily I was able to just focus on their music that I have loved since I was a kid....I had actually even heard fan stories where they were so rude they made fans cry :| So again I must say we are truly a lucky bunch to adore such a great band who we know, adores us back...So U2 thanks for giving us a good life :happy:
[/QUOTE

I'll second that. We are lucky to love a bunch of great guys. Truly nice people. It's amazing after all these years they are still so good to the fans.

Everyone who hasn't had the thrill yet should keep the faith! I have been a fan since 1983 - passed within a couple of feet of Bono and Edge walking down the street in NYC in 1984, but they were on their own time so I didn't feel it right to bother them. It would be 12 years later in 1996 when I finally met Bono for the first time!

Pop Artist said:
Everyone who hasn't had the thrill yet should keep the faith! I have been a fan since 1983 - passed within a couple of feet of Bono and Edge walking down the street in NYC in 1984, but they were on their own time so I didn't feel it right to bother them. It would be 12 years later in 1996 when I finally met Bono for the first time!

I can beat that!:wink:

Been a fan since 1980/1981 and I didnt meet Bono and Edge until 2001, and you couldnt call it a "meet" it was 30 seconds handshake in Manchester I had to wait until 2002 to actually spend some quality time with Bono just me and him (well my hubby was there but hey?!!!) for about 20 minutes!

So yes for all those yet to have "Bono Experience" keep the faith!!:wink:

:(

I want a Bono hug!

I've gone to see him three times, and every time it's coming to my turn, some idiot who wants their album signed for the 3958932854th time or whatever squeezes in! (except in Chicago where a hug was impossible b/c of the fence...but even then some high school punk was pushing me around to get his album signed). Why the fuck would you want something signed instead of a hug or a picture? Actually, I don't even care for a picture since I really don't need to see myself spoiling a good Bono pic. I just want a hug!

u2forlife said:
Hey!

A few of us have been lucky enough to dance with Bono on stage, however I'm sure many more have received one of the B-man's warm and cuddly hugs.

Tell us your story about your hug.

I'll start with mine...:wink:

The first hug happened in Chicago. Bono was leaving his hotel and I just so happened to be accidentally on purpose outside his hotel at that time. No really, I was leaving for the airport. No, really, I was! So he stopped to sign a couple of things for people and I was able to tell him something I've always wanted to say to him. He seemed very touched. He kissed the back of my hand and pulled me into an embrace. It was a very quick hug because he was rushing to leave the hotel.

The second hug came while I was dancing on stage. He had one arm around my shoulder while the other hand was holding the microphone. At one point of the song, he leaned in and my arms instinctively went around his waist. He pulled me even closer for one of the sweetest, softest hugs I've ever received. Then, he sung a little of Fast Cars in my ear. Once you receive a hug from him, they become so addictive. Just makes you want another one!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom