Bono's a bit sticky today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the shades are waaaay too big! (why didn't they just buy a pair of armanis?)
and why did they let him wear the same outfit ZooTv Bono had? couldn't they get him some new clothes, new necklace? I mean, Bono is pretty known for wearing his rosary now, and he never wears the other necklace anymore, same with the bracelets.. :lol: they used pretty cheap earrings aswell!
I think wax Bono looks scary... :yikes:
why do people dislike his freckles so much? they're always airbrushed off magazine covers(IE Rolling Stone) and now here again... it's a BEAUTY MARK people!

5968.jpg

57106651.jpg

57106656.jpg

57106666.jpg

57106662.jpg

They're just something off about the new figure. They should have had a more current rendition of Bono.
Here are some I think they should have gone for. It would have been much better and realistic.
HotBono2.jpg

withmike2.jpg

withmike.jpg

But then looking at all the old versions, I don't think they would have gotten it right anyways..............................

Last edited:
:drool: I SOO vote for the first one :wink:
here's a better pic of that btw..
bonobodysmile4ea.jpg

I think waxB would look MUCH better if they would have the proper shades!

withmike.jpg

it's so hard to decide. I really love the same pic. galeongirl, but his smile on this one is so adorable.

it's his "let me make you melt" smile........ :cute:

Last edited:
yes but they would never be able to create that effect... same with his eyes.. they're so magical, they can't make that out of wax!

Maybe the people at Armani took one look at this so called waxwork of Bono and refused to let them use their brand! :shrug: Either that or the creaters of the model are just a bunch of cheapskates! :mad:
And another thing, they've totally failed to capture Bono always slighty 'rough around the edges' look. Far too groomed. And where the :censored: are his freckles?!? :tsk:
Awful, just awful!!:madspit:

hcbiggs2002 said:
And another thing, they've totally failed to capture Bono always slighty 'rough around the edges' look. Far too groomed. And where the :censored: are his freckles?!? :tsk:
Awful, just awful!!:madspit:

True, he looks too "groomed".

Plus pretty unoriginal they got him in the same pose again as the one in Vegas.
Last summer I went to Madame Tussaud in NYC. Some people seemed to be dead on, and others just looked awful. I remember thinking "how did they get Princess Diana to actually look ugly?" she was one of the prettiest people around. It took us a while to recognize that one figure was actually Madonna, and I think that if the beatles saw what they had done to them, there would have been a lawsuit.
I was pretty thrilled to get to pose next to one of my favorites: MLK. He looked pretty good.

Last edited:
holy shite, I must go to amsterdam now!!!!

checked Mme Tussauds Amstedam, star list;
Musicians
Bono

:hmm: I wonder how old that one is, and what it looks like! any dutchie seen him? can't find pics on the site!

rosary looks like someone's old pearl necklace that happened to be lying around... prolly some old lady was wearing it and they said "we need a rosary!" so she took it off and handed it.:|

a blurry pic with the old London one, taken on my camera phone, sorry. (it wasn't in the actually Madame Tussads it was in a separate thing they had dedicated to music called Madame Tussuads Rock Circus. Its not their anymore though the Rock Circus place ! not sure if that Waxwork is in the actual London Tussauds one as i havent been there )

it was a much better likeness than the ones here though you cant tell by the pic, sorry but i dont have a scanner to scan the print :(

and yes i might have done a squeal when i walked in and saw the wax work :shifty::lol:

those other waxworks are just :yikes:

Last edited:
Babydoll said:
rosary looks like someone's old pearl necklace that happened to be lying around... prolly some old lady was wearing it and they said "we need a rosary!" so she took it off and handed it.:|

It's not meant to be a rosary, Bono actually wore a necklace very much like that during Achtung/Zoo era. (I cant post any photo proof, but I'm sure someone can find something)

longingforBono said:

Maybe they were afraid of people stealing the correct ones? Those Bvlgari's are over $300 a pair- dunno about the other brands he wears.

the ones he wears usually during this tour are Armani's, but they aren't made anymore.. since the Red campaign they will be made again... haven't got any news yet from them, but I think they'll be at least 150 dollars each!
and firstlove, you're close... he didn't wear a pearly necklace, he wore a simple gold one.. for those who need proof, go check your Fly/AB Bono pictures.. he wore it 24/7...

actually, it wasn't gold. just go look on page 14 of the Miscellaneous thread, the necklace is silver round beads

firstlove said:

It's not meant to be a rosary, Bono actually wore a necklace very much like that during Achtung/Zoo era. (I cant post any photo proof, but I'm sure someone can find something)

520257fc.jpg

They also didn't do his unique swirly hairline, one of my favorite Bono traits along with the chin scar and freckles. :(

Back
Top Bottom