Bono's a bit sticky today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2granny said:
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

63517e71.jpg

Adam looks so stiff, I didn't know he'd had back surgery.
I hope the band has never seen these wax figures. They're just ...... :yikes:

I just read about this from Contactmusic to and immeadiately came here to see if anyone else had heard about this. I think Bono looks akinda just a little too waxed over!?!:wink:

Last edited:
u2granny said:
:tsk: No, they're definitely not trying. The bandmembers look like a bunch of Ken dolls! And Edge looks like he has a bad case of jaundice!

kellyahern said:
The london wax one is the best (not that I've been, but I have a picture somewhere).
b7b4c730.jpg

creepy, huh? :lol:

Of all the wax Bono statues shown in this thread, that one is the best likeness. But to be fair, Bono is not easy to render in artwork; his jawline and mouth are very tricky to get right. But Madame Tussaud's is known the world over for its statues, so they should get it right. :)

Last edited:
hm that london one looks most like him indeed, they got his nose right.... :wink: hmm if anyone goes to the NY Mme Tussauds, take a picture!!!!!!!!

biff said:

How do you mean, "it misses hair"?
I meant the arms... Bono is known for very hairy arms.. and chest aswell.. ;)

Most of the celebrities who they make figures for actually go to get their faces molded and stuff...my guess is that Bono never officially agreed or that he just never went to their studios or whatever it is to get properly done. :shrug:

granny where was that pic from?? :huh:

I'll have to dig up my photo of me kissing wax Bono in Vegas :D

A HELL of a lot better than the Vegas version :yes:

I actually think that one looks great.

Of course, in my opinion no avid Bono fan will think any of them look like him :laugh:

:lmao: This thread is funny and scary!!! Hey is there U2 in the London Museum?? A friend went there less than a month ago and told me nothing about it!! :ohmy: :sad: :sad:

^^ above posts :lol:

ok i was there today b/c oneof my major use net cafe's id\s right next door to MT's/NYC....

'B' looks pretty good...but something(s) are off. Still not exactely sure what esp from front view EXCEPTI know the glasses are wrong. Too big.
I didn't want to be looking too long b/c there were people getting their photos taken w "B". Currently he's on the Ground Floor in the Freebie area.
So i went back a second time after i finisned at the Netcafe:D.

Still not sure in the dfull view, but from the side i THINK, but didn't have time to go home and double check against photos that.....

1] his 'forehead' may not quite curve back enough after halfway up
2] his 'nose' may not by 'big' enough in that the outward curve starts closer to the bridge of his nose. I was trying to "see' despite the extra biggness of the glasses {a very pretty shade of rose-red :lol:}
3] they made his 'bottom lip' fuller, BUT it's not quite jutting out as it does.
I'm not sure but I can rememberr reading in the Time & Life Books Science Series decades ago in the :uhoh: Evolution book, where they talked about carring down characteristics through families that some royalities backk in mid-norther Europe had a jutting foward bottom lip {showed a portrat painting} and commenting where else it appeared....this was?? 1600 onward.

Because I AM an artist.......this probably caught my attention waaaaay back because it is the rarer reverse of how an artist is {correctly} taught/portrays people's lips in general-- lower lip USUALLY is a little further in under the upper lip :D

The glasses obscure his 'eyes' too much to give a accurate answer.

Not sure about his jawline..........

will have to compare photos and a looksee another time

the outfit is good & sexy enough and is sort of a Zooish style.....but jacket also reminesent of that :drool: omg gorgeous leather jacket he wore to the R&RHOF and in Sak's Fifth Ave the next day!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom