Bonoism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
http://sunstruck.net/bonoism/

I'm a member! Yay!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

WOW! I love it!!! And now I'm a member. I'll keep spreading the word...

Long live Bonoism!!!

------------------
Oh great ocean
Oh great sea
Run to the ocean
Run to the sea

just joined!
biggrin.gif

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

LOL youse guys...

The Twelve Steps of Bonotheism
1.We admit we are powerless over the seduction of Bono - that our lives have become unmanageable because of the voice, the lyrics, and his worldly presence. (Not to mention those damn leather pants, blue eyes, and fly shades!)
2. We have come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity and he sings about Mysterious Ways, Streets with No Names, and Angels in Harlem.
3. We Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to his care and we understand him in all of his forms: The Mirrorball Man, The Fly, Mr. MacPhisto, and even his most recent incarnation: Evil Bono.
4. We make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and regardless of all those who call us "obsessed" and tell us we, at times, act like twelve year old girls, we still are devoted believers in his wisdom and stage presence.
5. We have admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of why this man is so important to the world!! Jubilee 2000, Sarajevo, Amnesty International, Inspiration, Good Will, Kindness, Divinity?Need we go on?
6. We are not entirely ready to have God remove all these thoughts from our minds and defects of our characters. In fact, we think believing in Bonotheism makes us pretty special people!
7. We humbly ask that Bono forgive our shortcomings such as screaming his name out car windows on the way to shows, hyperventilating in his presence, destroying our VCR's because of repeated pausing and slow motion viewings of the R&H performance of With or Without You, devoting hours of our free time debating with other Bonotheists about topics such as: "What if Bono were right here, right now!! What would we say!!" or "How sexy were his cheekbones in the Elevation video?!!" or "When I went to the gas station today, I heard Walk On!! It was a Bono moment!!"
8. We have made a list of all persons who claim to not understand this "Bono thing"? and we have vowed to convert them.
9. We have Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others or ourselves. We draw the line at explaining what it's like to watch Bono sing Stuck in a Moment less than a foot away while we try to drive. Surely an accident would be inevitable.
10. We continue to take personal inventory of our bootleg CD, official CD, video, and picture collections and when we discover there is something we do not have, we promptly make arrangement to GET it. Maxing out credit cards, putting a second mortgage on the house-they are doing another North American Elevation leg you know?
11. We have sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with Bono as we understand him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to realized and unrealized Bono fans everywhere.

And then...the feathers, the rosary, AND The short hair! What more could a girl want?
gallery2.jpg

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

7. We humbly ask that Bono forgive our shortcomings such as screaming his name out car windows on the way to shows, hyperventilating in his presence, destroying our VCR's because of repeated pausing and slow motion viewings of the R&H performance of With or Without You, devoting hours of our free time debating with other Bonotheists about topics such as: "What if Bono were right here, right now!! What would we say!!" or "How sexy were his cheekbones in the Elevation video?!!" or "When I went to the gas station today, I heard Walk On!! It was a Bono moment!!"

OMG.. that IS ME! I always get so happy when I hear U2 in stores, I always think,"What would happen if I heard a knock on my door and I went out and it was Bono and he was lost, dazed and confused? WHAT WOULD I DO? Oh.. wait.. I would drag him inside!" .. lol.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I'm an Acrobat!
biggrin.gif
I'm so happy to finally have changed my status!

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 01-07-2002).]

I am a huge U2 nerd. Yesterday, I didn't listen to any U2 cd's at all because my boyfriend came over in the morning, and we rented some videos and stuff. Everytime that we went out he drove so that means NO U2!! We rented this really bad movie "Heartbreakers", but it had a preview for "Bandits", and they played "Beautiful Day", I was so excited that I started singing along and dancing!

Then later we went out for dinner to a relatively loud restaraunt. They had music on but you couldn't really hear it over the people talking. After dinner I went to the bathroom, and you could hear the music in there. As I was washing my hands "The Sweetest Thing" came on. I stayed in the bathroom till it was over. When I came out of the bathroom my boyfriend was waiting in the lobby area for me, and he said "I heard U2 on the radio, so I knew that you would be a while"!! He knows me too well!!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

Dood, I'm appointed myself Prophet.

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

that's kinda funny, because i have an AIM screenname of "bonoist"...my friend and i made up the religions of u2: bonoism, edgetarianism, larrydom and...this makes no sense but, tommunism...it's a long story, but that's adam's religion.

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

"spreadin the neck love!" - olive
"my funnest one is the ISHFWILF w/ larry on teh cover and he's all moany and hottttt" - olive
"The Fly has to be the Fly!"

Now I'm a believer of Bonoism....

Step 8. We have made a list of all persons who claim to not understand this "Bono thing"? and we have vowed to convert them.

My mission in life.....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

OT but Bono related: watching the TV show "King of Queens" tonight, Doug says to his wife: "I'm full here {pats stomach} but I'm also full...here." does the Bono heart thing with his hands!
biggrin.gif
It was so cute!

Back
Top Bottom