BONO will be at WEF/DAVOS on 1/24/2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono looks very nice in these pics,I love the scarf and the hoodie.I love the pic where he's looking at his watch for the time,lol,that's funny.As always,I hope what he wants gets accomplished.Does anyone know when it'll be on CSPAN?I'm out of work for awhile,I'm home recuperating from an operation I had done and this morning I was channel surfing and came across MSNBC and just missed their report about Bono at the WEF,they showed a bit of it and it was just ending when I came on the channel,so I missed it.I'm hopeing I catch it on the other news channels.This radio station I listen to had a report about Bono there on the news they give this morning.I heard that while I was laying in bed.

:ohmy: Bono looks years younger without those hideous Lennon shades. I wish he'd ditch all shades permanently, but I know it's not going to happen, so I'm content to let him keep the Armanis. But Bono, not orange! Try blue or green, please :pray:

I like all of these pics though. He looks like he's having a good time and is in a good mood. It's always nice to see Bono smiling and laughing :) And making Al Gore lol :lol:

Acrobat Angel said:
79184871.jpg
:lmao:! He looks absolutely TINY next to Al Gore!

Babydoll said:
What's the scarf?? It's gorgeous :drool:

It is Edun, and you can still buy it on line I believe, but in a different color. I've never seen Bono's dark color one sold. So his might be special just for him.

Did anyone watch the webcast?- it ends right in the middle of discussion at about 45 minutes. No more seems to be available-

Is that true????? I want to see the rest:mad:

davos24012008.jpg

Microsoft founder Bill Gates, left, Bono, co-founder of (RED), and Michael Dell founder and Chairman of Dell Inc., introduce a series of Dell RED personal computers powered by Windows Vista Ultimate, Thursday, Jan. 24, 2008, in Davos, Switzerland. When consumers make the choice to buy one of these PCs, Dell and Microsoft will contribute a total of $50 to $80, depending on the model, to The Global Fund to help in the fight against AIDS in Africa. (AP Photo/Microsoft, Remy Steinegger)

onekea said:
davos24012008.jpg

Microsoft founder Bill Gates, left, Bono, co-founder of (RED), and Michael Dell founder and Chairman of Dell Inc., introduce a series of Dell RED personal computers powered by Windows Vista Ultimate, Thursday, Jan. 24, 2008, in Davos, Switzerland. When consumers make the choice to buy one of these PCs, Dell and Microsoft will contribute a total of $50 to $80, depending on the model, to The Global Fund to help in the fight against AIDS in Africa. (AP Photo/Microsoft, Remy Steinegger)

:ohmy: ohh!!! I'm looking for to buy a laptop! Anyone got any info on these?

The latest from DATA today regarding the WEF at Davos:

http://www.data.org/news/press_Bono_AlGore_012408.html

Bono and Al Gore Discuss Poverty and Climate Change in Davos

Bono and Al Gore took part in a panel discussion today at the World Economic Forum on the connection between the fight against extreme poverty and climate change. The conversation was moderated by New York Times columnist Tom Friedman. Following the panel Bono said:

“Al Gore has been nothing short of heroic in his fight to wake us all up to the consequences of global warming and what we can do about it. His vision, depth of knowledge and commitment have literally transformed the way we think about our own personal choices and those our governments make. I am humbled by his comments today and blown away by the possibility of what we can achieve by working together on behalf of the poorest people on the planet.”

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2008

"A Unified Earth Theory: Combining Solutions to Extreme Poverty and the Climate Crisis"

Youtube

------------------
U2Miracle

Back
Top Bottom