Bono vs the paparazzi (pop pic request)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aski

Acrobat
i was searching for the photo of Bono chasing some swedish paparazzis with a traffic cone, the orange and white stuff workers put up in the road to block of streets.

it's from the Pop-era, when U2 played Gothenburg.

Is this the pic you want?

bonocone.jpg

:sad: poor baby, it must be really tough to be followed and chased around by them all the time! if it was me, i'd actually hit them and not just chase them away :D it must be so frusturating being a celeb...

Good thing he carries around traffic cones, tires and whatnot in case of such an occaision. :wink:

A quote from the swedish fansite (u2.se/guiden3.php?land=swe):

"Bono entertained the Swedish press and made the headlines the day after the PopMart concert at Ullevi Stadium 1997. When U2 left the hotel for dinner, the band members all got into different cars, which caused the media posse outside the hotel a great deal of confusion. Were the band members all going to the same place? Who to follow? Bono solved the problem by lowering his window, giving the journalists a wicked smile and a little wave and making a V-sign.

Aftonbladet's and Expressen's co-workers were taken for a winding car chase through the Gothenburg city centre. At Götabergsgatan, the Mercedes suddenly stops and Bono, Howie B and some friends get out. Bono swiftly grabs some road cones and starts building a road block for the journalist's cars. While the photographers are frenetically taking pictures of Bono, Howie B sees his chance and steals the keys to Expressen's car. The scene is soon over and Bono et al drives off. Aftonbladet claims they got the message and voluntarily stayed behind. As for Expressen, they didn't have any choice. It is not known if they ever got their car keys back."

Pretty funny story :lol:

bonocomet said:

the beginning of the end of all your free time.... :lol:

Hehe, It's already to late - I'm addicted, and I have no free time because of that :ohmy:

3 posts in one night :ohmy: - I better go to sleep now :wave:

I LOVE that story! Thanks stina70!

(Ehrm, what's this "free time" you all speak of? :wink:)

stina70 said:
A quote from the swedish fansite (u2.se/guiden3.php?land=swe):

Bono swiftly grabs some road cones and starts building a road block for the journalist's cars. While the photographers are frenetically taking pictures of Bono, Howie B sees his chance and steals the keys to Expressen's car. The scene is soon over and Bono et al drives off. Aftonbladet claims they got the message and voluntarily stayed behind. As for Expressen, they didn't have any choice. It is not known if they ever got their car keys back."

Pretty funny story :lol:

clever Bono :applaud: !!!!!

bonocomet said:

:lol:

I would love to see what he's got in his pockets....

probably loads of somebody else's stuff ! LOL

bono is known to lose his own stuff and to get hold of others' stuff

i love the story where he is in a restaurant and the waitress comes up to him with a mobile phone; he takes the call at the table; later when he and his friends are leaving the restaurant, the waitress asks for the phone after which bono and his friends start searching under tables, chairs, etc; finally bono comes out of the gents holding up the phone -> he took the darn thing with him to the gents and left it there !!!
dead funny !!

oct_31st said:

probably loads of somebody else's stuff ! LOL

bono is known to lose his own stuff and to get hold of others' stuff

i love the story where he is in a restaurant and the waitress comes up to him with a mobile phone; he takes the call at the table; later when he and his friends are leaving the restaurant, the waitress asks for the phone after which bono and his friends start searching under tables, chairs, etc; finally bono comes out of the gents holding up the phone -> he took the darn thing with him to the gents and left it there !!!
dead funny !!

:lmao: he's such a goofball sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom