Bono vs Bill O'Reilly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Bono looked so good,it was a good interview.Did any one tape it?If so,can some one please send me a copy of the interview with Bono?I was going to tape it myself,but my fecking VCR wouldn't work right so I didn't get to tape it and I so want it on tape.Thanks.

DWF15-885888.jpg

Damn I am so mad I missed the whole freaking thing. I got off late yesterday from work so time I got home it was over and it's only by luck that I happened to visit the interference and read the news yesterday.Please.........I would like a copy also of the great man doing the interview, please email me anyone who can make copies and we'll make arrangements.

EveClayton2@aol.com

EveClayton said:
Damn I am so mad I missed the whole freaking thing. I got off late yesterday from work so time I got home it was over and it's only by luck that I happened to visit the interference and read the news yesterday.Please.........I would like a copy also of the great man doing the interview, please email me anyone who can make copies and we'll make arrangements.

EveClayton2@aol.com

U2exit.com has the interview. foxnews.com has the transcript.

I taped it. And I can put it on VHS or DVD. Just email or IM me if you want a copy - eep78@aol.com

Oh, and I have to say....I got my Springsteen tickets the other day too!! :hyper:

Merc said:
Wauh - what an interview! :D

I must say though, Bill O'Reilly - :tsk: I don't like tv-hosts with that kind of nasty attitude. It's okay to have different oppinions about things, but... :tsk: I'm glad he turned a little around towards the end though - it must have been the "Bono bug"! :lol:

As for Bono's preformance - :bow: and :applaud:!!! He said the right things - let's hope the words gets out to people and into their minds and hearts :heart:

"...God must have a great sense of humor to have me on board..."

:yes:

merc, were you able to see this in Denmark?
Or did you read the transcript?
I tried the fox link but it won't work and on exit it's sooo small and bad image and such bad soundquality, i'm not even gonna bother.

i did read the transcript though, the man DOES know his stuff doesn't he and he won't let this host cut him off :up:

Hi Eep, always nice to see you here again :wave:

greety said:
I tried the fox link but it won't work and on exit it's sooo small and bad image and such bad soundquality, i'm not even gonna bother.

No, I couldn't watch it on tv - the link at the FOX-homepage worked fine for me, so that's where I saw it... You're right, the Exit-video is in a very bad quality! :| I hope the FOX-link will work for you later - this is a really good interview! :D

greety said:
i did read the transcript though, the man DOES know his stuff doesn't he and he won't let this host cut him off :up:

:yes: :bow:

Merc said:

As for Bono's preformance - :bow: and :applaud:!!! He said the right things - let's hope the words gets out to people and into their minds and hearts :heart:

I agree! Today O'Reilly said that his email server crashed because so many responded to the interview. I'm going to be bold and suggest that we too should email and agree (respectfully of course) with Bono's statements that this IS something we want to see on the news and this IS something Americans care about. Here's the email adresses, it will take 5 minutes of your time and will have a positive impact for sure! Bono fans unite! speakout@foxnews.com & oreilly@foxnews.com :wink: "We can be as one tonight!" :wink:

greety said:

Sorry, I got the sites from @U2

"In Africa the antiretroviral therapy coverage for adults is less than 5%! We have the money and we have the drugs (that, by now, cost close to nothing) but still, 6500 Africans are dying every single day - Why? The problem is getting the drugs out to the people who needs them and get them into threatment - and that is not simple!" Originally posted by Merc
I don't want to seem ignorant, but at least the means to save these people exists, we're not talking about the cure for cancer here. It is just the matter, like you said, of getting the drugs to the people. This is not impossible, so it seems simple to me, just reliquish the hold and distribute the drugs....

mortiere said:
I don't want to seem ignorant, but at least the means to save these people exists, we're not talking about the cure for cancer here.

I don't want to sound cynical, but - you can die from AIDS and you can die from cancer. With the newest treatment (that I think would be very expensive to africans - but that's another subject), many HIV/AIDS-patients will (most likely) be able to live through their disease and become so old, they die of something else than AIDS. These days many forms of cancer can be cured - In this perspective I don't see the great difference between AIDS and cancer - you can die from it, or be lucky enough to live through it, said very simplistic.

mortiere said:
It is just the matter, like you said, of getting the drugs to the people. This is not impossible, so it seems simple to me, just reliquish the hold and distribute the drugs....

First of all, I never said stopping the epidemic is impossible. If my attitude was, that whatever we did, it would be impossible for us to stop the epidemic and turn the statistics around, I would have chosen another line of work.
I'm not beeing pessimistic and saying that this problem can't be solved. I'm beeing realistic and saying that this is going to take hard, hard work but I believe that we can do it - together.
Second, "just reliquish the hold and distribute the drugs" takes governments - changeing laws, making concessions and the likes - on both sides. And that is (sadly enough!) not done overnight.
Third, do you have any idea how to treat HIV/AIDS patients? Then you would know that distributing the drugs ( by "distribute the drugs" I take it you mean getting the dugs out in pharmacies and hospitals? If I've misunderstood, please let me know!) is only a part of the problems surrounding the access-area of the epidemic.

I'm not a total expert in this issue, but I do know some things and I like to discuss and talk about it - but I don't think this is the right thread (or even the right part of the forum) to be discussing and talking about it.
If anyone here is interested in talking about HIV/AIDS in Africa we should probably start another thread somewhere - and let us then return to the topic here: Bono vs O'Reilly

i saw it on fox news too. i was so glad that bill didnt bash bono like i thought he would. although seeing bono argue with him might have been a big laugh.
as for my opinion on the topic which nobody probably cares about anyway is that with all things said about treating people in africa it just seems so hard. maybe im just a stupid lazy american. im not saying that the people there deserve help and a chance to survive. im saying that in the big picture doing a lot will actually do very little and its kinda disheartening to think of it that way and still have the energy like bono has to keep doing it, keep fighting for it. sure if i had a lot of money i would go there and help out too but thats not the case. when i see people around me living in poverty (no lie) i feel torn between feeling like we should help others and that we should keep our own country out of poverty and homelessness......
i'll shut up now before i get my head bitten off or something

I give up. :crazy: I wanted to post this but.

My video of this is an 800 meg file and when I try to reduce the file size, the video and audio end up way out of sync and it looks like Bono's words are coming out of O'Reilly's mouth. :yikes:

u2bonogirl said:
i saw it on fox news too. i was so glad that bill didnt bash bono like i thought he would. although seeing bono argue with him might have been a big laugh.
as for my opinion on the topic which nobody probably cares about anyway is that with all things said about treating people in africa it just seems so hard. maybe im just a stupid lazy american. im not saying that the people there deserve help and a chance to survive. im saying that in the big picture doing a lot will actually do very little and its kinda disheartening to think of it that way and still have the energy like bono has to keep doing it, keep fighting for it. sure if i had a lot of money i would go there and help out too but thats not the case. when i see people around me living in poverty (no lie) i feel torn between feeling like we should help others and that we should keep our own country out of poverty and homelessness......
i'll shut up now before i get my head bitten off or something

I can totally understand your feelings and misgivings about this. BUT I do want to say something Bono himself has said about this....that being overwhelmed about the situation is not an excuse for inaction. It can be easy to look at it as a situation that's "over there" and not on the homefront but what is going on is not about country/nation borders, it's something that we will be held accountable for. We express disbelief over the fact that millions of people 'dissapeared' by the hands of Nazi's Germany. While I am not lessening the atrocity of that greivous event in history but the point is I feel that generations in the future will be saying the same..."That we held the watering cans and watched a continent go up in flames". I don't want that. Nobody wants that. Being denied treatment for something just because you were born in the wrong geographical area is flat out wrong. You CAN do SOMETHING, it might not be on the big scale like Bono but something as simple as going to his website to sign the petition to politicians that this is something you care about. www.theonecampaign.org It will take no more than five minutes and it will be something in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thank you, starsgoblue - :applaud:

I've been very busy the last two days and haven't had the chance to post in this thread, but you have said much of what I would have said very well. :wink:

Bono is COMPLETELY CORRECT when he says that being overwhelmed is NOT an excuse for inaction when we see injustice in our world. We can all DO SOMETHING TO HELP those suffering from injustice and extreme poverty. :wink:

It is always better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness. :yes:

And I would also encourage everyone here who want more good info on the AIDS pandemic and poverty in Africa to go to The One Campaign's and DATA's (http://www.data.org) websites to learn more about what they can DO to help MAKE OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL. :up:

I'm sure that would bring a smile to Bono's face. :hug:

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING, IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Jamila said:
Thank you, starsgoblue - :applaud:

Bono is COMPLETELY CORRECT when he says that being overwhelmed is NOT an excuse for inaction when we see injustice in our world. We can all DO SOMETHING TO HELP those suffering from injustice and extreme poverty. :wink:
And I would also encourage everyone here who want more good info on the AIDS pandemic and poverty in Africa to go to The One Campaign's and DATA's (http://www.data.org) websites to learn more about what they can DO to help MAKE OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL. :up:

I'm sure that would bring a smile to Bono's face. :hug:

Yes! I'm sure this would please him to no end to have us do this for him, prove that U2 fans really are the best fans....the man gives so much to us.

"I'm rebelling against the idea.. that the world is the way the world is...and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. So I'm trying to do, a damn thing."
--Bono

Props Jamila!
:up:

neutral said:
I give up. :crazy: I wanted to post this but.

My video of this is an 800 meg file and when I try to reduce the file size, the video and audio end up way out of sync and it looks like Bono's words are coming out of O'Reilly's mouth. :yikes:

:lol: :eeklaugh: :yikes:

Jamila said:
We can all DO SOMETHING TO HELP those suffering from injustice and extreme poverty.

:yes:

Let me quote from the introduction-video from MusiCares 2003:

"... but it takes hard, hard work to change the world. Bono gives to his good work as much as he gives to his music - He gives everything he has... Bono: I know I can't change the the world, but we can, allright!"

We can all contribute with something, big or small it doesn't matter, to stop the epidemic and turn the statistics around.

Please, for more talk on this topic join me in this thread:

PLEBAns thread about Africa

:hug:

Thanks Merc for creating a special thread about Africa! I am still encouraging fellow fans to email Fox and tell them that you want "the biggest health crisis in 600 years" to be covered more on the news and that you support The Man In Shades! ;)

speakout@foxnews.com & oreilly@foxnews.com

Wouldn't that be quite an interesting news story.... "Thousands of U2 fans bombard Fox News in thier support for Africa" :heart:

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values. I'm not interested in politics like people fighting back with sticks and stones, but in the politics of love." ~Bono

Back
Top Bottom