Bono the Racehorse?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
I love the owners of this horse!! What a name!! :giggle:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=669&objectid=10428278

Thoroughbred racing Story
RSS
5:00AM Monday March 12, 2007
By Mike Dillon
The Collett/Hapeta stable was talked out of running Bono in Saturday's $50,000 Auckland International Airport 3YO by rider Leith Innes.
"I rode Magic Tryst in the trackwork session at Ellerslie last week and they won't beat her," Innes advised.
Bono instead lined up for half the stakemoney and won the Tourism Auckland with remarkable ease after which Innes said he wasn't sure he'd been right.
Whether he was or not, these are two exceptionally promising young horses.
Magic Tryst was having only her seventh raceday start for trainer Craig Ritchie and has always promised so much. Ritchie has handled the speed machine carefully and should eventually reap big rewards.
The group one Railway on New Year's Day is the plan and meantime the trainer is strongly considering a one-race hit on Australia.
"It will help her grow up," he said. "There is the Queensland carnival, but it can be difficult getting back from there.
"Sydney is a better option because we can fly over on a Tuesday, race on Saturday and come back the following Tuesday. "I just have to find her a suitable race worth A$80,000 to A$100,000."
Magic Tryst's temperament is usually sound, but she can occasionally fire up, like she did when she was being replated after casting a racing plate at the start.
Farrier Kevin Crampton had problems with the filly getting the plate back on, during which she was pricked by a nail and she was also galloped on from behind when eventual third-placed Needuask got on her heels at the 750m.
In the previous race Bono produced a stunning sprint from the 350m to race clear.
Co-owner Steven Till said Bono is one of a couple of Volksraad colts Windsor Park Stud decided to keep of that year.
"His dam [Very Musical] is a close relative of Last Tycoon and probably the best-bred mare on the stud.
"We wanted to keep this horse to manage him for the broodmare's future."
Bono's win pushed the season's stakemoney tally of leading sire Volksraad past $2 million.

horse2sr0.gif

go, go, bono!

ohhh i wonder of they would bring him down for melbourne cup??? i would bet on him . dreams of recouping all them money i have spent on u2 in the last 20 years on a race horse called bono ...... :giggle:

mysterious_jen said:
ohhh i wonder of they would bring him down for melbourne cup??? i would bet on him . dreams of recouping all them money i have spent on u2 in the last 20 years on a race horse called bono ...... :giggle:

Well being in NZ it's nothing for him to cross the ditch to Oz!!! I'd love to be able to find a pic of him!

:lol: I posted in a thread a few days ago that I thought "Sir Bono" sounded like the name of a race horse- didn't know that there was already one called Bono.

I wonder if the horse races anything like Bono is supposed to drive? The jockey would have to hang on for dear life if so
:wink:

^ They might have to hang shineys and beachballs over the finish line to keep him running in the right direction..... :wink:

The comments keep getting better!!! Bono-obsession:applaud:

Quote:
Originally posted by whitehead
Can you imagine how many PLEBAns would love to ride Bono (the horse)??

Orig posted by gluey
I want to be a jockey

OH YES......:bow:

Back
Top Bottom