Bono - The Early Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
I know it's only Tues. but I'm swapped tomorrow and I told Kitty I'd scan more old pics from this book. It's Wed. in China lol.

BBonobare.jpg

BBonoBelly.jpg

A little trail :drool:

BBonocloseup.jpg

SOO CUUTE

BBonoGavin.jpg

a litlle Gavin

*sorry - missed a doohicky

Last edited:
Sorry that closeup was so big. I'm new at this and didn't want them blurry. If anyone can shrink it, it is an awesome pic.

Some more
BBonoHand.jpg

BBonoLarry.jpg

a baby lars too

BBonoLips.jpg

Kisses, what was that Martha was saying?:censored: :macdevil:

BBonoStage.jpg

A little Nip - Even then he was a flirt and knew he was HOT!

i noticed something about one of the pics in scarletwine's post...
(the one with the posters in the background promoting contraception) if you look where your mother didn't want you to you'll notice that bono is...flying low, so to speak. that zipper is a good half way down.
:uhoh: :tongue:

THANK YOU SCARLETWINE!!!! :happy: :hug: :up: :drool:

I really appreciate you going to so much trouble for us, those are great! I've never seen most of them before, it's like Icelady's treasure chest again! Scarletwine's treasure chest of ancient U2 artifacts! :yes:

He was such a darling boy, he was so adorable! No wonder he grew up so sexy! :love:

This is a good idea for hump day, young Bono theme. Maybe that's what we need to put a spark in the club. Last week you didn the political Bono, now this, good ideas! :idea: :up: :)

Oh, and I'll shrink some of those huge ones for you and post them later today. :)

Now my contribution to the young Bono theme

bonoboyleather.jpg

bonoboy7.jpg

bonoboy8.jpg

bonoboyflower.jpg

I shrunk down the ones that were so big they were distorted, now behold the beauty :cute:

bonowareyeshut.jpg

bonowarsing.jpg

bonowarsung.jpg

bonowarface.jpg

His face looks weird in this one, must be the glow of the light. But oh look at how he wore a pair of tight leather pants! :drool:

bonoboy2mikes.jpg

Thanks again Scarletwine for scanning and posting these :hug:

Last edited:
Wow, Thank you Scartlett! Whew, amazing to watch *Bono* grow up all over again! He has always been so dydamic to watch in concert! U2 still rock! Happy Bono love Day!

ZewTeeVee said:
i noticed something about one of the pics in scarletwine's post...
(the one with the posters in the background promoting contraception) if you look where your mother didn't want you to you'll notice that bono is...flying low, so to speak. that zipper is a good half way down.
:uhoh: :tongue:

at least I'm not the only perve that noticed his "fly":tongue:

Didn't notice that about the...um...zipper...

U2Kitten, you are so right.

Bono was adorable in the early days-maybe, looking back, he doesn't like his mullet he had back then...but that's part of what made him look so adorable! That and the innocent look in his eyes...such a cutie (I personally thought his Unforgettable Fire look is his best one of the early days-:drool:...just a preview of what was to come in the late 80's).

And he just got better looking as time went on.

Great pictures-like U2Kitten said, the themes the last two weeks have been good ones, good way to get people to celebrate hump day more.

Angela

Thanks Angela! You're right! You know, I never believed he really dislikes his mullet now, I think he only makes the jokes because so many people do (and I wish they wouldn't) but secretly I bet he knows how cute he was, and Ali does too! I know I do ;) A lot of girls loved his hair back then, and never guessed years later some would poke fun at it and name it 'mullet.' I'm glad he had it, and we have the pics! :)

It is sad we can't really have much action in the hot Bono pic threads just on hotness alone, but Scarletwine has had some good ideas. Themed threads are fun, like a scavenger hunt, and as long as the reward is Bono it will always pay off! :yes: Yes, what a great way to celebrate hump day!

U2Kitten said:
Thanks Angela!

You're welcome. :D.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
You're right! You know, I never believed he really dislikes his mullet now, I think he only makes the jokes because so many people do (and I wish they wouldn't) but secretly I bet he knows how cute he was, and Ali does too!

Never considered that. That makes sense.

As for Ali-well, it's obvious she has good taste in men.

I know I do ;) A lot of girls loved his hair back then, and never guessed years later some would poke fun at it and name it 'mullet.' I'm glad he had it, and we have the pics! :)

Hey, mullets were the thing back then, if you had one, you were automatically cool, from what I've gathered.

People poke fun at a lot of 80s trends anyway. Granted, some of them were questionable, but hey, I personally think there were a lot of cool things to come from the 80s.

I'm glad he had it, too. And it's nice to see these pictures-so this is what I missed out on in the early 80s, huh? I either wasn't born yet or I was, like, barely a year old.

For those of you who've loved him from the very beginning-I can see why you fell for him. If I'd been old enough back then, I probably would've felt the same way.

It is sad we can't really have much action in the hot Bono pic threads just on hotness alone, but Scarletwine has had some good ideas. Themed threads are fun, like a scavenger hunt, and as long as the reward is Bono it will always pay off! :yes: Yes, what a great way to celebrate hump day!

Yeah, it is sad about that first part, but you're right about Bono being the reward-definitely makes the day worth it. This is why I like Wednesdays (plus, hey, looking forward to hump day makes the week go faster).

Another plus to theme-oriented threads-I really liked the theme we'd had last week-not only did he look great, but they also reminded us of the other reasons why we like him so much, which was great. I think that will be the way it is with every theme we use for a thread-we'll drool over how good he looks, and yet also appreciate the other things that make him an outstanding person. An all-encompassing thread.

Angela

<------major mullet lover. I don't know why anyone makes fun of the 80's so much, a lot of trends out there today are much worse and very ugly. Have you seen System of a Down and Linkin Park? :yuck: How long will it take until people poke fun at that gross look? I'd take any 80's mullet or hair band guy in spandex over the rockrap bands out there today. Hopefully the look is on it's way out :hyper: with bands like The Strokes and The Vines bringing in another look!

FallingStar said:
Got my new mullet today. :D

Is aware that nobody is listening. :lmoa:

:hug: Sorry, I just now saw this. This thread is getting so hard for my computer to open :sad: and it's my favorite!

I'm sure your mullet looks cool! Wish I could see it. Was it the one like my avatar?

Back
Top Bottom