Bono The Bibliophile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was just reading this week's People Magazine, and there's an article about The Strand, a famous bookstore in Manhattan. It talks about celebrities who shop there..

Bono bought a $25,000 1935 copy of Ulysses signed by both James Joyce and Henri Matisse, whose etchings graced the rare find.

Also, Michael Jackson bought 170 books in one night, spending more than $5,000.00..on subjects ranging from Eleanor Roosevelt, UFO's, and Pocahontas :hmm: The owner said 'He didn't talk to me-he was just yanking stuff off shelves'. She doesn't say anything about Bono.

Gina Marie said:

Bono bought a $25,000 1935 copy of Ulysses signed by both James Joyce and Henri Matisse, whose etchings graced the rare find.

Man, that's $24,975 more than I've ever spent on a book.
*excluding college books*
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

That sounds like something I'd do if I won the lottery. Damn! Too bad I didn't win the New York state lottery the last time I was in the Big Apple.:wink:

Gee whiz, I could never begin to touch a car that cost that much let alone a book:huh:

verte76 said:

Hell, I'm a library assistant. We could hire another worker!!!:lol: :lol:
If Bono comes to your lib every now and then for having compassion with the poor people lending books......:wink: :D :laugh:

The Strand is a neat store. Over 8 miles of books (or so they say). The store is kind of creepy-cool with aisles and aisles and piles of books, with that musty old-books smell. I used to go there all the time when I lived in NYC since it was very near my apt. I sold a bunch of books there before I moved away...maybe Bono bought one of MY books, too. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom