Bono the Bear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Lemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie
For my birthday last month, 2 of my friends gave me a bear from one of those Build-A-Bear places. They gave him a leather jacket, black pants, and sunglasses and named him Bono! When I went into one of the stores recently, I saw that they had leather pants and *had* to buy them. I also got him a guitar. Anyway, since I have a digital camera I figured I'd share him with PLEBA. Enjoy!
smile.gif

%3B%3C%3A%3C94432323%7Ego56%3Enu%3D3234%3E96%3A%3E366%3EWSNRCG%3D3232363694%3C%3A4nu0mrj

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

that's a cute...I mean... it's a really COOL bear
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

That's awesome Lemon!
I actually made a macphisto bear and threw him at Bono in calgary, (I hope he got him). I have pics of the bear I can post but they are at home so you'll have to wait until next week.
Bluey

------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but a kick in the ass is more efficient.

Lucky YOU, you can snuggle up with Bono in bed every night now!!! (I mean, that bear has got to be just as furry as Bono's chest!!)

but are you sure it's not Elvis bear??
biggrin.gif

thats so cool! I want a Bono that I can take to bed every night.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:
Lucky YOU, you can snuggle up with Bono in bed every night now!!! (I mean, that bear has got to be just as furry as Bono's chest!!)

LOL! The bear probably is as furry as Bono's chest! And now that you guys have mentioned it, I haven't taken him to bed with me...I'll have to sleep with him tonight.
wink.gif

OMG!!! That is so cute!!! I want one!
Lucky, lucky Giant Lemon!

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

AHHHH!!!!

We have a Great Lakes Teddy Bear Factory about a half hour or so from here. It's more tempting than ever to go and make a bear now!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

You know, I did a similar thing at the Build a Bear places too in July. Mine is wearing a black vest and a black hat with a little guitar. And I did name it Bono. I don't have any pictures though... he's a cutie
smile.gif

I even mentioned it in one of my replies about a month ago...

[This message has been edited by Bonavoix (edited 08-28-2001).]

lmao! I feel so embarrassed with myself because when I read thet title of the thread I thought it'd be another one about Bono's hairiness.
Speaking of which, here's a story that was on fanfiction.net:
Author's note: I'm warning you now..this WILL get weird. MandI inspired me to write this, after she gave Bono a happy new nickname. Don't fear us! Love us!

Larry shuddered as he felt the back of his neck and wiped away a few raindrops.
"I'm getting wet." He said randomly.
"You're sitting by an open window and it's raining." Edge said as he looked up from his coloring book.
Adam sighed with boredom as he got up and closed the windo. Larry shivered as he put on his fuzzy lilac sweater and curled into a ball on his chair. Adam looked at Larry's sweater and gave him a funny look.
"What?!" Larry squealed.
"Nothing..nothing at all." Adam said, snickering under his breath.
Larry stuck his tounge out at the bassist and wrapped himself in a blanket.
"It's finished!! Witness my TALENT!" Edge exclaimed witha grin as he held up his coloring book, displaying a picture of a purple elephant.
"Er..that's..creative, Edge." Adam said with an odd look.
Edge gave a gleeful grin as he put his crayons away.
Suddenly, Bono pranced into the hotel room, soaking wet, giving a content sigh.
"I feel so alive!" He announced.
Adam, Larry, and Edge looked at Bono oddly as he grined moronically.
"Bono! You're soaked! What've you been doing?!" Larry whined.
"I went for a refreshing jog!" Bono said, smiling like a freak.
"Out there?! In the rain?! Larry asked with a whiney voice.
"Yes! I feel so revived!" Bono exclaimed as he twirled around in circles.
"Revived from what?!" Adam jumped in.
Bono paused, then shrugged.
"Bono! See my art!" Edge suddenly squealed as he held up his elephant picture.
"Lovely" Bono said as he ran his fingers through his wet hair.
"Bono! Please go change into some DRY clothes!!" Larry whined.
"Why? I feel spiffy like this!" Bono said, grinning dementedly.
"You're making me cold just looking at you!" Larry continued to whine as he wrapped his blanket tighter around himself.
"Gah, fine." Bono hissed as he pulled his wet shirt over his head and walked into a different room.
"EEEEK!!" Edge shrieked, throwing his arms up in the air and backing into the wall, causing all of his crayons to fly all over the room.
"Er, what was that for, Edge?" Adam asked after a red crayon landed in his coffee mug.
"He's..he's...all...HAIRY!" Edge squealed with a high pitched and whiney voice.
Adam gave Edge an odd look.
"Um, so?" He asked.
"SO?! How can you say so?! Did you not see?!" Edge continued to complain.
"Have you been eating crayons again, Edge?" Adam asked.
"No! And that was just one time!" Edge hissed.
"Er, right. I didn't mean that comment literally." Adam said with a grin.
Larry giggled madly as Edge threw another crayon at Adam. Edge sighed and turned to Larry.
"Well, what do you think, Mr. Giggles?!"
"His hairyness is..kinda..disturbing..." Larry said.
"I told you!" Edge hissed at Adam.
Larry began to giggle madly again as Adam gave a funny look.
"And what are you going to do about it?" He asked.
Edge paused, looked at Larry, and paused again. Adam smirked, feeling semi smart for stumping Edge. After a few minutes of thinking, a bright grin came across Edge's face.
"Uh oh..." Adam said.
Edge looked at Adam, then at Larry, who was still wrapped in his blanket and lilac sweater.
"Whatever you're thinking, do I have a good chance of getting in trouble for it?" Larry asked.
"A very good chance if it's one of Edge's schemes." Adam said, as he finally picked the crayon out of his coffee mug.
"Joy! Let's do it!" Larry exclaimed.
Edge's grin turned into a cackle.
"Wait, you WANT to get into trouble?!" Adam squealed at Larry.
"Yes! It's funny watching Bono yell and get wrinkles on his forehead!" Larry said with a snicker.
Just then, Bono walked into the room. Larry and Edge stopped laughing, and Adam made a straight face.
"There! Is this better, Larry?!" Bono asked as he displayed his dry clothes.
Larry nodded in apporval and pulled his blanket tighter.
"So, what are you guys up to?" Bono asked.
"Nothing, in fact, we were just leaving." Edge said.
"To do what?" Bono asked as he put on a pair of purple shades.
"To..uh..pick out new curtains for the bus." Edge lied.
"Ugh. I'll pass on that." Bono said, hating curtains and anything else that had to do with home furnishing.
"Ok, we'll see ya later then." Edge said as he, Larry, and Adam headed for the door.
"Nice sweater, Larry." Bono snickered.
"Thanks! I got it at..GAH!" Larry got cut off when Edge pulled him by the collar of his sweater.
"Come Larry! We have curtains to purchase!" Edge said as he yanked Larry out of the room.
Bono gave a stupid look as he shut the door to the hotel room, and got out a coloring book and crayons, so Edge would no longer torment him about never 'expanding his creativity'. As he looked through the coloring book, he fave odd looks at some of the pictures, and some that Edge colored in.
Bono gave a semi satisfied look when he turned to a page of bunnies and grabbed a pink crayon.

"Adam! Over there!" Edge said as he pointed to a small convenience store on the side of the road.
The car pulled into the small parking lot and everyone scampered out of the car except for Larry, who was struggling to get out of his sweater.
"Gah! There!" He said as he jumped out of the car.
They walked into the little store and looked around. After almost ten minutes of looking around, they finally found their way into an aisle with shelves filled with shampoo, shaving products, and dozens of boxes of hair dye.
"Um, so what exactly are we looking for?" Larry asked.
Adam turned to see both Edge and Larry looking at him with questioning looks.
"How am I supposed to know?!" He squealed.
Edge and Larry shrugged and went back to staring blankly at the shelves.
"So...what should we use?" Adam asked.
"What about this stuff?" Edge asked as he picked up a bottle of Nair.
"Er..isn't that the junk that women use?" Larry asked.
"Yeah, but it's Bono..he's a wuss." Edge said.
Adam snickered as he searched the shelves.
"Should we just use a razor?" Larry asked.
"Too messy." Edge commented.
"Well why don't we just use a tweezers?" Adam asked.
Larry and Edge paused, and then grinned at eachother and Adam.
"Ah, so you've joined the darkside, Adam!" Edge snickered.
"Shall we get Bono some silkening body lotion as well?" Larry joked.
Edge looked at Adam and shrugged as Adam grabbed a bottle. The three of them snickered as they started to walk up to the front of the store.
"Ooh!" Edge exclaimed as he grabbed a bunch of chopsticks.
"Er, need I ask?" Larry asked, with an odd look.
"I'm gonna need a weapon when Bono tries to kill us." Edge said as he studied the chopsticks.
Adam and Larry gave Edge odd looks and procceded to the checkout. At the counter, Larry looked at the Asian store clerk and tried to figure out why he was wearing a 'towel' on his head.
"That be seven dolla." The clerk said.
"Huh?" Edge asked, with a confused look.
"Seven dolla!"
"I don't know what he's saying!" Edge whined.
"Take stupid hat off and hear!"
"Oh, that's it!" Edge snapped as he jumped at the fruity clerk.
"Edge, let it go." Adam said as he and Larry dragged Edge out of the store.
"He messed with the hat! No one messes with the hat!" Edge squealed.
"Just let it go, Edge. We have more important missions." Larry said as he got in the car.
"Yes..missions..muahahahaha!!!" Edge cackled and rubbed his hands together evily as he got in the car.
"Gah! Ow!" Edge yelled after he hit his head off the car door.

More soon! *cackles*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Originally posted by WildHonee:

"I'm getting wet." He said randomly.
"You're sitting by an open window and it's raining." Edge said as he looked up from his coloring book.

"It's finished!! Witness my TALENT!" Edge exclaimed with a grin as he held up his coloring book, displaying a picture of a purple elephant.

"Bono! See my art!" Edge suddenly squealed as he held up his elephant picture.

"He's..he's...all...HAIRY!"

"Have you been eating crayons again, Edge?" Adam asked.

"Whatever you're thinking, do I have a good chance of getting in trouble for it?" Larry asked.

"Take stupid hat off and hear!"

"He messed with the hat! No one messes with the hat!" Edge squealed.

"Yes..missions..muahahahaha!!!" Edge cackled and rubbed his hands together evily as he got in the car.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Thanks, Mona! I actually hadn't read that one yet....
Don't you love that site? Maybe we should post more offa there... 'Outtakes Fom A U2 Soap Opera' is fun.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

WildHonee~

How weird that you post that! I saw that link and went to the site last night, and that was the only one that I read. *lol* I love Edge and his crayons.
smile.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Just one question G. Lemon-is he ANATOMICALLY CORRECT??

LOL...no, Bono the Bear isn't anatomically correct! I don't think they'd do that since the store is aimed at little kids!
biggrin.gif

Bonavoix- your Bono sounds cute too! He's kind like the JT-era Bono.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom