Bono talked about new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chacco

War Child
Found this at @U2.com

Qte
Bono: New Album in 2007

While in Sarajevo this week (see item below), Bono announced to Bosnian TV that the band plans to release a new album next year. He also put the cliché police on red alert with the standard comments about what Edge is doing these days.

"I would like to think that we're doing our best work now. We're about to make a new album for next year, and it's the most important thing. We like being in a room with each other. We like playing. Something happens when we play, we have some sort of chemistry. And Edge, right now, is on fire. He's really rockin'. He's playing guitar like I've never seen him playing guitar. So, I like to think that the best is yet to come."

Unqte

There's a link to his interview there.

Chacco said:
Found this at @U2.com

Qte
Bono: New Album in 2007

While in Sarajevo this week (see item below), Bono announced to Bosnian TV that the band plans to release a new album next year. He also put the cliché police on red alert with the standard comments about what Edge is doing these days.

"I would like to think that we're doing our best work now. We're about to make a new album for next year, and it's the most important thing. We like being in a room with each other. We like playing. Something happens when we play, we have some sort of chemistry. And Edge, right now, is on fire. He's really rockin'. He's playing guitar like I've never seen him playing guitar. So, I like to think that the best is yet to come."

Unqte

There's a link to his interview there.

They always say "This is our best album yet" and I hate to say it but I think that's just to cause hype. They have nevre done anything better than Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree and Zooropa, and to a lesser extent The Unforgettable Fire.

I think they're sincere when they say they think it's their best yet, and they probably also thought that with each previous album. They always say if they didn't feel that way, there'd be no reason to keep doing it.

Re: Re: Bono talked about new album

andromeda said:

They always say "This is our best album yet" and I hate to say it but I think that's just to cause hype. They have nevre done anything better than Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree and Zooropa, and to a lesser extent The Unforgettable Fire.

Well, that's your opinion and you're totally entitled to it. But I thought HTDAAB was one of their best albums to date. True Achtung Baby and Zooropa were a very good albums but I've always found The Joshua Tree lacking!! But that's just My opinion and I don't beginning to presume, like some people, that everyone will agree with me! :eyebrow:

I myself am looking forward to the new album. But 'next year' is rather optimistic, maybe 2008 is the earliest we can expect a new album but I hope I'm wrong!! :wink:

I believe they are sincere about that. It's a matter of opinion. But I am sure they are all enthusiastic about every new project and trying to do the best they can do. I love to hear those words from Bono, he sounds very enthusiastic and passionate about it, and I hope it's true.

CMM said:
Heh

So, using the Bono Universal Translator...

It roughly translates to 2009.

*remembers how long after Bono said "next year" for Bomb to come out....*

:whistle:
:D

:ohmy: I hope it is sooner than that. I was hoping for another tour by 2009.

Carmelu2fan said:

:ohmy: I hope it is sooner than that. I was hoping for another tour by 2009.

Me too! Although I've only saved 73 cents so far in my "whenever they come around again" jar. :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Bono talked about new album

hcbiggs2002 said:

Well, that's your opinion and you're totally entitled to it. But I thought HTDAAB was one of their best albums to date. True Achtung Baby and Zooropa were a very good albums but I've always found The Joshua Tree lacking!! But that's just My opinion and I don't beginning to presume, like some people, that everyone will agree with me! :eyebrow:

I myself am looking forward to the new album. But 'next year' is rather optimistic, maybe 2008 is the earliest we can expect a new album but I hope I'm wrong!! :wink:

I totally agree with you!! While I love JT, there are some songs that fall a bit for me. My favorite is Actung,but I love all the new ones also. It fits where they are in their lives now and for that, I love them.

^^^^GUUUHH~!!!!...I really hope they dont wait until 2009 to tour agian..I mean Bono and co. are not getting any younger and neither am I :|

"please...please....finish the album soon..and plan your next tour soon!!! and I'm starting my "next U2 tour fund right away" I did that for Vertigo and I got to see them 9 times ((10 w/Hawaii)) so Yeah Ill basically put my real life on the backburner again:D

Bono Mot said:

Me too! Although I've only saved 73 cents so far in my "whenever they come around again" jar. :wink:

That is not bad Bono Mot...if you could put away .73 a day that is almost $300 by the end of the year and times that by 3 more years...then you not only have more than enough for your ticket, you can have a nice little vaction too.

:hmm: not a bad idea at all really.

BonoFox1 said:
and I'm starting my "next U2 tour fund right away" I did that for Vertigo and I got to see them 9 times ((10 w/Hawaii)) so Yeah Ill basically put my real life on the backburner again:D

I want to be you. :wink:

Thanks for doing the math for me Carmel! :)

You are quite welcome Bono Mot...

HOLD ON!!! I did not know you where going to Hawaii Bono Fox!!:ohmy:

:rockon: You should visit the Hawaii thread we have alot of activites planned for Interlanders and Zootops.:yes:

Chacco said:
Found this at @U2.com

Is this literally what he said before the bomb came out or am I having a MAJOR deja-vu here?

Re: Re: Bono talked about new album

Leetah said:

Is this literally what he said before the bomb came out or am I having a MAJOR deja-vu here?

Nope, same EXACT thing, but at any rate :hyper:

Hopefully next year doesn't mean December 2007 :happy:

BONO is the DON KING of Rock and Roll. He is a promoter. You hear him, you take him with a grain of salt, you laugh at him.

Then you buy the album and front row seats to the tour as soon as availability kicks in.

And you repeat and rinse. The journey is just as stimulating as the destination.

Back
Top Bottom