Bono (takes his glasses off) on CNN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
:bow: :bow: thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Go Bono !!! we need so many more in the world like him to fight these so called world leaders and make them stick to their promises.

JCOSTER said:
Its amazing he can say so much in 3 minutes. :ohmy:

It definetly is. :up:

And that Bono quote

''Music is the art of the impossible, politics is the art of the possible''

:rockon:

:lol: The snoring bit really got me.

I wonder what G8 leaders specifically he's pissed at...I was surprised to hear him support Dubya. Blair has also delivered more than any of the others.

I like angry bono :yes:

i like angry bono too... very focussed, so passionate, could make brilliant music with that intensity :pray:
and doing so much good in the world.

the other thing i have noticed with these interviews- i think he looks really happy and comfortable with who he is and the role he is taking . great stuff !

Some screenshots

BonoCNN60.jpg

BonoCNN49.jpg

BonoCNN4.jpg

BonoCNN7.jpg

I can't believe there is actually a link to "Bono taking off his glasses" on CNN. :| My respect for them continues to dwindle.

I guess that was bigger news than the news that the G8 summit is not going well with reference to the anti poverty agenda. I would expect that from other sources but CNN????

On a brighter note, at least we got to see him sans shades. Nice.

mysterious_jen said:
sighhhhhhhh
does bono know how much we want him ????????

sorry i mean appreciate his activism :lmao:

(i have to meet this man before i die. )

No, I don't think he knows how much we want him...:evil: Does he know that there's a queue for his favours? Well, snogs anyways..

And yeah, I'd so like to meet him before I croak!

:faint: KEEP THEM OFF, BONO! Please :drool:

He looks years younger, and so much more beautiful without them :up:

Although the fact that the headline for the video is "Bono takes off his glasses" is a little stupid. I mean yeah, the video is showing that he was pissed off enough to take off his glasses (by the way, pissed off Bono :drool: ) but by just putting that as the headline and no mention of the G8 just makes it seem that Bono taking off his glasses period is newsworthy :huh:

I do approve of the video though :wink:

He was saying during the interview he was NOT! looking at the world through rose colored glasses (pulls glasses off) in fact he felt like smashing his glasses over the frustration of them not keeping their promise. (rubs eyes and brow)
He's truly having a hard time with these leaders not keeping their word.
And he's letting the world know what he thinks of their false promises. He may be wearing his heart on his sleeve but at least he has a :heart: but I'm afraid his heart is breaking.
Rock on Bono :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom