Bono Smile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
So after watching the Brooklyn dvd for the 100th time , I've really learned to appreciate Bono's smile even more...He is looking so great in that dvd I must say :drool: So in honor of that, let's start a Bono's smile appreciation thread :love:

Last edited:
I love this idea, it has been a while since we've done a Bono smile thread.

bonojaw00-vi.jpg

prettybono.jpg

smilebono.bmp

aabonosmile2yj.jpg

Speaking of Bono smile, i was actually watching Under a blood red sky late lastnight! There is this ONE great moment during "Party girl", where he has this completely&utterly adorable smile he does&golly it makes me go crazy!! :drool:

He does it shortly after saying "Guitar hero" about Edge!! :bono: :cute:

Honestly, everytime i watch that bit, my heart does summersaults!!!! GORGEOUS! :drool:

Thing is though, i don't know how to get it on to the COMP, but if i could do it, i would! (If i could, you know i would..........!)

So, if any of you great PLEBA girls know which part i'm speaking of has it&could be so kind as to post it here, it'd be great! I'd be so grateful to see it, even though i just watched it less than 24 hours ago!!

Even so, you can never watch or see stills from that show too many times!!!!! It's just great as well, to read all the reactions&especially so if someone hasn't seen a pic or film of them before!!! It's great for a fan, if they're quite new to the band&they get to see one of the great many U2 or drool-worthy Bono moments they've never seen!!!

Sorry if i'm blabbing on here!!! Getting carried away about my lust for Bono-ness again!!

Anyway, once again, i'll be very thankful if one of you is able to post stills from "Party girl"!! Great bit of the show: OH SO CUTE!!

susanp6 said:
Speaking of Bono smile, i was actually watching Under a blood red sky late lastnight! There is this ONE great moment during "Party girl", where he has this completely&utterly adorable smile he does&golly it makes me go crazy!! :drool:

He does it shortly after saying "Guitar hero" about Edge!! :bono: :cute:

Honestly, everytime i watch that bit, my heart does summersaults!!!! GORGEOUS! :drool:

Thing is though, i don't know how to get it on to the COMP, but if i could do it, i would! (If i could, you know i would..........!)

So, if any of you great PLEBA girls know which part i'm speaking of has it could be so kind as to post it here, it'd be great! I'd be so grateful to see it, even though i just watched it less than 24 hours ago!!

Even so, you can never watch or see stills from that show too many times!!!!! It's just great as well, to read all the reactions&especially so if someone hasn't seen a pic or film of them before!!! It's great for a fan, if they're quite new to the band&they get to see one of the great many U2 or drool-worthy Bono moments they've never seen!!!

Sorry if i'm blabbing on here!!! Getting carried away about my lust for Bono-ness again!!

Anyway, once again, i'll be very thankful if one of you is able to post stills from "Party girl"!! Great bit of the show: OH SO CUTE!!

Ah, Susanp6! I hear ya! I know EXACTLY which part you mean with that adorable smile!

I do not have the technology to post stills - sorry! I didn't even know 'til I came here that people COULD get pix from DVD! I am technologically backward.

But I wanted to let you know that I have the image in my head, and that I agree it is a total "Swoon!" and "Squeal!" and "Sigh!" kind of a moment! :heart:

U2 Flashback: 1985, Philadelphia. My best girlfriend Tina and I used to rent out "Under a Blood Red Sky" (we always called it "Red Rocks" for short) EVERY week! This is back when it seemed radical and expensive to actually BUY a video, and that kind of thing was reserved for birthdays and Xmas in in my house.

So, instead Tina and I would trade off and use all our allowance money each week to re-rent "Red Rocks" and "The Unforgettable Fire Documentary" over and over and over... :D

We'd walk home from St. Tim's on Fridays in our green plaid uniforms (we were in 8th grade) and we'd rush into this little dinky video store called Shangri-La video on the corner by my house. The lady knew us, and she'd just laugh and shake her head and say "It's the U2 Girls again!

And we'd rent the videos and race to one of our houses, and complete the ritual with the traditional "Baking of the Pillsbury Slice and Bake Cookies", and then we'd take our cookies and our videos and GLUE ourselves in front of the TV, like 3 inches from the screen, and watch the 2 tapes and scarf down chocolate chip cookies and giggle and shriek and sing, :hyper: and shout out all the stuff we had memorized, and get up and do the "Bono Dance" - It was NOT a complete ritual until we had exhausted ourselves doing The Bono Dance during Red Rocks and during the "Pride" video on the U. Fire VHS:dance:

Then we'd keep the videos out all weekend, re-watching, squealing, singing, Bono-Dancing...until someone's parents would say "HOW many days late are those videos????? They were to go back Saturday! It's Wednesday! Take them back NOW and pay that fine! And go do some HOMEWORK for a change!!!!!!!"

So we'd grumble, return the tapes, pay the fine, and repeat the ritual the following Friday. The homework, sadly, usually still left undone! :wink:

That went on pretty much all throughout 8th grade until I got both videos for my 14th Bday and we could then watch them whenver - and we DID! - for no charge!

Thanks for letting me share my Walk Down Memory Lane!

Peace and BonoLove, and Bono Dancing, :dance:

HowthGirl

HowthGirl said:

Ah, Susanp6! I hear ya! I know EXACTLY which part you mean with that adorable smile!

I do not have the technology to post stills - sorry! I didn't even know 'til I came here that people COULD get pix from DVD! I am technologically backward.

But I wanted to let you know that I have the image in my head, and that I agree it is a total "Swoon!" and "Squeal!" and "Sigh!" kind of a moment! :heart:

U2 Flashback: 1985, Philadelphia. My best girlfriend Tina and I used to rent out "Under a Blood Red Sky" (we always called it "Red Rocks" for short) EVERY week! This is back when it seemed radical and expensive to actually BUY a video, and that kind of thing was reserved for birthdays and Xmas in in my house.

So, instead Tina and I would trade off and use all our allowance money each week to re-rent "Red Rocks" and "The Unforgettable Fire Documentary" over and over and over... :D

We'd walk home from St. Tim's on Fridays in our green plaid uniforms (we were in 8th grade) and we'd rush into this little dinky video store called Shangri-La video on the corner by my house. The lady knew us, and she'd just laugh and shake her head and say "It's the U2 Girls again!

And we'd rent the videos and race to one of our houses, and complete the ritual with the traditional "Baking of the Pillsbury Slice and Bake Cookies", and then we'd take our cookies and our videos and GLUE ourselves in front of the TV, like 3 inches from the screen, and watch the 2 tapes and scarf down chocolate chip cookies and giggle and shriek and sing, :hyper: and shout out all the stuff we had memorized, and get up and do the "Bono Dance" - It was NOT a complete ritual until we had exhausted ourselves doing The Bono Dance during Red Rocks and during the "Pride" video on the U. Fire VHS:dance:

Then we'd keep the videos out all weekend, re-watching, squealing, singing, Bono-Dancing...until someone's parents would say "HOW many days late are those videos????? They were to go back Saturday! It's Wednesday! Take them back NOW and pay that fine! And go do some HOMEWORK for a change!!!!!!!"

So we'd grumble, return the tapes, pay the fine, and repeat the ritual the following Friday. The homework, sadly, usually still left undone! :wink:

That went on pretty much all throughout 8th grade until I got both videos for my 14th Bday and we could then watch them whenver - and we DID! - for no charge!

Thanks for letting me share my Walk Down Memory Lane!

Peace and BonoLove, and Bono Dancing, :dance:

HowthGirl

awwww, I love that story. I remember lining up to see the premier of Rattle and Hum when it came to town, and I went, like, 17 times to see it that month. Ah, the 80's... :) Funny we're still hangin' on, almost 20 years later. Now THAT is dedication (and it should be rewarded with at least one dance on stage...or a Bono hug...and kiss, and...)

Back
Top Bottom