Bono slagging!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susanp6

Blue Crack Supplier
I just read this from todays' Sun Newspaper, published here in the UK. Thought i'd see what you all think! It's taken from a column called The Whip:

"There is a strange logic behind U2 frontman Bono naming his new eco-friendly clothes range Edun - nude spelled backwards. Bono explains it thus: "Where you shop, what you buy, the questions you ask - it's a different kind of label consciousness." Quite so. Of course, if you say Bono backwards... "

It doesn't say the actual name of the person writing it, just the title of the column! So, we don't know who to blame....:(

I'm dying to know what you girls think! :wink:

I say: Whoever wrote it talks crap, quite simply! :down: :slant: :rolleyes:

I know u2granny - That's why you know some of these so-called journalists haven't got a clue about Bono&Ali! No idea.

Another incident springs to mind of recent times actually! One of the presenters on BBC1 over here said Bono doesn't even drink the stuff, after they showed the clip of him spray the Champagne in the air at the hall of fame!! :madspit:

Btw - I checked my Tv guide and couldn't see the hall of fame listed under VH1 :(

Does anyone, maybe from over here in Britain know if it is being shown in this country? I'll be so sad if not, as i'm dying to see it!

All I can say its the Sun:mad: -- they aren't even good enough to even be called journalists! However, pond scum comes to mind...

susanp6 said:
Another incident springs to mind of recent times actually! One of the presenters on BBC1 over here said Bono doesn't even drink the stuff, after they showed the clip of him spray the Champagne in the air at the hall of fame!! :madspit:

Maybe you should refer the Beeb presenter to this page..heheheh

http://forum.interference.com/t117366.html

Mmmmm....Bono....Champagne....:drool: :censored:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
........is it weird that I'm more bothered by the fact that Nobo *isn't* Bono spelt backwards?

Stupid paper :tsk:

Im the one that wrote Nobo. I think the paper was alluding to O Nob. Just guessing. I meant that other newspapers and websites refer to Bono as Nobo.

To be honest, the opinions of a tabloid who regularly feature double page spreads on the likes of Jordan holds no credibility in my mind anyway.
I don't care if I sound like a snob. I don't like The Sun. I never have, and I never will. I think a five year old could write better columns than half the journalists who feature in it. It's a load of nonsense babble because they don't have half a brain cell between them to look at the logic or the proper issue behind things.

Oh, yeah, I've heard of the insult knobhead. But I still think this journalist is really stretching to come up with a clever insult. :rolleyes:

madonna's child said:
Oh, yeah, I've heard of the insult knobhead. But I still think this journalist is really stretching to come up with a clever insult. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was a stretch. I was wondering if I was the only one who didn't get it :reject:

That must be a really easy job to have, writing columns and articles where you don't have to fact check or do your homework, or be any good at writing in general.

Hi girls..Please don't take any notice of what the Sun says.

I think a lot of the stuff that newspapers print is made up of half truths and guesses. If they don't appreciate someone they come up with insults and made up shite.

Now, if you go to somewhere like the Times or Observer you'll get a much better reveiw. Their journalists seem to be a little more literate and intelligent.

Not that I'm a snob. There's nothing I like better then a little celeb goss but when it comes to celebs doing 'their bit', a decent newspaper is what you want.

After all, I think you'll find that the Sun is a 'mans' newspaper. All they seem to be interested in is whose bonking whom and semi naked women. :tsk:

youvedonewhat said:

I think a lot of the stuff that newspapers print is made up of half truths and guesses. If they don't appreciate someone they come up with insults and made up shite.

Now, if you go to somewhere like the Times or Observer you'll get a much better reveiw. Their journalists seem to be a little more literate and intelligent.

Not that I'm a snob. There's nothing I like better then a little celeb goss but when it comes to celebs doing 'their bit', a decent newspaper is what you want.

After all, I think you'll find that the Sun is a 'mans' newspaper. All they seem to be interested in is whose bonking whom and semi naked women. :tsk:

I also like the Guardian (at times). When I come back from the UK my husband always requests that I bring back a few copies of The Sun for his mates - all they want is the Page Three:rolleyes: Now, if the Sun were to uh...change their Page Three from women to uh...:censored: oh nevermind...:reject:

Last edited:
youvedonewhat said:

ah, my daily newspaper counterpart :wink:

Back
Top Bottom